EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR BEDWETTING
|1||Chandraprabha Vati||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|2||Neuro Plan Syrup||3 Bottles (200 ml Each)|
|3||Brahmi Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
Bedwetting is a condition in which urine is passed involuntarily during sleep. This is considered as a disease if the child is above the age of 5-7 years and continues to wet the bed two or more times in a week for several months in a row. Medical term for this condition is Enuresis and this usually happens during the night so it is referred to as Nocturnal enuresis. It can occur at any age or commonly occurs in children and old age people. In this article we are going to discuss the symptoms of Bedwetting and management of this condition by effective Ayurvedic formulations.
Bedwetting is a familiar problem. Most of the population feels this condition in any period of time. This condition affects both the gender equally. 20% of children under five year of age can wet the bed by one or two times per month. But with time this condition is eliminated and the child achieves the milestones at different times according to the age. But normally bedwetting can be considered as normal in childhood and there is nothing to worry about.
CAUSES BEHIND BEDWETTING
Bedwetting is not a serious illness but it may give stress to the patient and parents, due to this condition the child may become stressed and have developed some anxiety issues. They may reduce their sleep because they are worried about the bedwetting and feel so ashamed and embarrassed about this condition. Some common factors that may result the bedwetting –
- Family History – If their parents also have the history of bedwetting in childhood then this may persist in their off springs also.
- Stool Related Disorder – Due to the hard stools in the rectal part may give the false signals to the bladder so it leads to frequent urination or decrease the ability to hold the urine or it may also disturbs while urinating and leads to improper evacuation of urine.
- Hormonal Imbalance – Vasopressors are the key factors that controls the urine formation in night time. Vasopressin works on the water that is in urine and helps to reabsorb by the blood stream so a little quantity of urine enters into the urinary bladder. When the patient is deficient of this vasopressin hormone then he or she may likely develop this condition.
- Bladder Holding Capacity – When the muscles of the bladder are not able to hold the urine then this condition may also lead to bedwetting disability. Some patients have normal sized bladders but after some time they think that their bladder becomes full and they are not able to control the urinary urges so they have to run to the washroom to prevent micturition in clothes. And during night these patients may cause bedwetting due to deep sleep.
- Not Able To Awake – Sometimes children are not capable of getting up in time to go for urination but as the bladder fills with urine then it sends signals to the brain which tells the bladder to relax then the patient may awake and go to release the urine. But the patient is not getting these signals and is not waking up so at last when the bladder gets full and the brain sends the signal then this bedwetting may happen.
- Psychological Issues – Caused by some previous illnesses or damage to the child’s normal daily life like death of a closed one, or admission in a new school, this condition becomes less frequent with time.
- If there is any underlying condition –
- Frequent UTI
- Sleep disorder
- Kidney problems
- Enuresis is of Two Types –
- Primary Nocturnal Enuresis – Most common type of enuresis, when the person has been wetting the bed since childhood age.
- Secondary Enuresis – This condition developed after several days or months after learning to control urination.
If you’re having difficulty in urine at night time then go with the medical history and physical examination. Ask for the sleeping pattern, bowel urges, or urinary urges. Urine analysis can be performed to rule out any disease.
According to Ayurveda this condition is kept under the Mutra Vaha srotas vikara. This is caused by controlling the urination for several times, or drink the water by controlling the urge of micturition, or having meal by controlling the micturition, or may get the sexual intercourse by controlling the urge of micturition, or any traumatic injuries on the strotas, and kshaya may be one of the main causative fator behind this condition. In the management of this condition, a good practitioner must schedule the timing for the intake of water and give some diuretic and strengthen the nervous system to get effective results. Some herbal remedies to get relief from this condition are given by Planet Ayurveda are –
Planet Ayurveda is a very famous GMP certified company and prepares herbal formulations that are very helpful in relieving many conditions and is free from substitutes, adulterants, fillers, dyes and any type of harmful chemicals. Our formulations are free from side-effects and 100% natural. Some effective remedies for bedwetting are
LIST OF MEDICATIONS IN BEDWETTING CARE PACK
- CHANDRAPRABHA VATI
- NEURO PLAN SYRUP
- BRAHMI CAPSULES
1. CHANDRAPRABHA VATI
This is a classical formulation mentioned in Ayurvedic Samhitas consisting of several herbs that are mentioned above to help the patient to get rid of the symptoms of Bedwetting and gives strength to the bladder muscles.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Shilajit (Asphaltum) – shilajit gives us numerous health benefits, this has anti-oxidative properties, helps to increase the immunity, acts as energy booster and is also a great diuretic which helps us in Bedwetting condition.
- Guggul (Commiphora mukul) – Guggul has hot potency, is a very good healer, anti-inflammatory, is Vata-kapha nashak and some acharyas say it is tridosha nashak.
- Sharkara (sugar) – Sharkara is commonly used in our daily lives at home, this is rich in minerals and helps to maintain the blood pressure. It is a rich natural cleanser for our body.
- Karpoor (Cinnamomum camphora) – Karpoora is pungent, bitter, sweet, and of cold potency helps to cure the excessive thirst and also acts as blood purifier.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) – It pacifies vata and kapha disorders, relieves constipation or any type of pain or colic, is also a great diuretic.
- Mustak (Cyperus rotundus) – This is also a cold potency herb and is bitter, astringent in taste, pacifies vata, kapha disorders and cures high blood pressure, helps to stay calm.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – This bitter in taste and is ruksha in nature and haridra acts as great blood purifier and is of hot potency said to be tridosha shamak.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) – Amalaki is of cold potency, consists of astringent, pungent, bitter, sweet or sour in taste, referred as amrit phala.
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) – Bibhitaki is a wonderful carminative that helps to cure many diseases and is very light in digestion.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – Haritaki is vata, pitta and kapha shamaka, is very easy to digest, nootropic, beneficial for eyes and also acts as diuretic.
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum) – Danti is said to be a great laxative, is of hot potency herb and pacifies the vata and kapha dosha effectively.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum verum) – Dalchini comes under the Indian spices and is found in every home. This is of hot potency, relieves abdominal stress, cures the painful conditions of the abdomen.
- Tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala) – This is also very common in every Indian home, is of hot potency and also acts as diuretic as well as blood purifier.
- Ela (Elettaria Cardamomum) – It is light, hot, pacifies vata and kapha, it has great properties of strengthening the musculature of heart and urinary bladder.
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – It is rough in nature, with hot potency, pacifies vata and kapha dosha, and used in abdominal disorders.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) – This herb is tridosha shamaks, anti- inflammatory, nootropic, and helps to maintain the tone of the body muscles and organs.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) – This is snigdha, a hot potency herb, cures edema, especially pacifies the kapha dosha, and is very effective in bedwetting.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) – Maricha is a hot potency herb that is pungent, bitter and hot in nature, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – pippali is sweet after digestion, snigdha and pacifies Vata, pitta and kapha conditions effectively.
- Gaja pippali (Scindapsus officinalis) – Gaja Pippali is a great appetiser and cures inflammatory disorders and also helps to strengthen the musculature of many organs.
- Yavakshar (Potassium carbonate) – Is mainly used in different types of disorders, and also helpful in Urinary tract disorders, balances Vata and kapha disorders.
- Sarji kshar (Sodium carbonate) – It is pungent, alkaline in taste, hot potency helps to improve digestion, helps to strengthen the nervous system.
- Saindhav lavan (Rock salt) – Saindhav lavan can be used on daily basis in vegetables or in salads, helps to enhance the metabolism, boosts immunity, reduces the stress.
- Suvarchal lavan (Sodium sulphate) – Suvarchala lavan is very useful in abdominal strengthening, this pacifies the vata and kapha dosha.
- Vida lavan (Black salt) – It is very useful in indigestion, colic pain, bladder disorders, and also acts as diuretic.
DOSAGE: 2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
2. NEURO PLAN SYRUP
This is an Ayurvedic formulation prepared by Planet Ayurveda to help the patients of bedwetting and enhance the power of nervous system as well as helps to increase the growth of the children. Ingredients of Neuroplan syrup are
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – This herb is very helpful in Vata and kapha conditions, is a great appetiser, and helps in strengthening the nervous system.
- Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica) – Mandukaparni is a wonderful herb to enhance the nervous system power and also helps to control the immediate feeling of natural urges.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus prostratus) – Shankhpushpi is a marvellous herb called the uttam medhya rasayana, which helps to strengthen the nervous system.
- Jyotishmati (Cardiospermum halicacabum) – It is also very helpful in neurological disorders, helps to rejuvenate the damaged cells.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – is an adaptogenic herb, is anti- stress in nature, boosts immunity and stress, increases the strength of the musculature of abdominal organs.
- Bhojpatra (Betula utilis) – Useful in vata and kapha disorders , also acts as a great appetiser and diuretic.
- Madhuyashti (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – This is an anti- inflammatory herb, anti-oxidant, and a great diuretic.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) – Shunthi is snigdha, with hot potency, doesn’t let the fluid accumulate in the body, especially pacifies the kapha dosha, and is very effective in bedwetting.
- Marich (Piper nigrum) – Maricha is of hot potency, pungent, bitter and hot in nature, and hass anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – Pippali gives sweet vipaka, and is snigdha and pacifies Vata, pitta and kapha doshas effectively.
- Honey and sugar – are a good source of antioxidants, and are very helpful in digestion processes.
DOSAGE: 2 teaspoons twice a day with lukewarm water.
3. BRAHMI CAPSULES
This formulation is given by Planet Ayurveda and is giving many wonderful results to keep calm the patient as well as strengthens the nervous system. It consists of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) this herb is very helpful in Vata and kapha conditions, is a great appetiser, helps in strengthening the nervous system, and relieves various neuro-muscular disorders, very effective in stressful conditions and also shows good results in Bedwetting.
DOSAGE: 1-2 Capsules twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
Bedwetting is an involuntary condition for nighttime incontinence, not lasting for forever. But it may persist in 1-2 % of adults. It may take time to get treated but Ayurvedic medications will give wonderful results in this condition. If your patient is above the age of 5-6 years then you may meet a good Ayurvedic practitioner for effective results.
There are no reviews yet.