ABOUT KAMDUDHA RAS
Kamdudha Ras is a classical Ayurvedic herbo mineral preparation. The effect of Kamdudha Ras appears on nervous system, digestive system, cardiovascular system, and urinary system. It is beneficial in digestive ailments, chronic fever, debility after fever or chronic disease, burning sensation, vertigo, nausea, vomiting etc.
INGREDIENTS OF KAMDUDHA RAS
(REF: RASATANTRASARA – SIDDA PRAYOGA – SANGRAHA – (RASAPRAKARANA)
- Mukta pishti (fine powder of pearl processed by rosewater) – 1 part: It relieves abdominal colic, gastritis, urinary calculi, splenomegaly, useful in treating cardiac diseases.
- Pravala pishti (fine powder of coral processed in rose water) – 1 part: It is used in the treatment of eye disorders, chronic respiratory diseases, phthisis, cold, cough, bleeding disorders such as bleeding hemorrhoids, nasal bleeding, menorrhagia, etc.
- Shankha bhasma (incinerated form of conch shell) – 1 part: It is useful in the treatment of gastritis, acidity, abdominal colic, mal-absorption syndrome, dyspepsia, vomiting, nausea, acne, etc.
- Sukti bhasma (incinerated form of oyster shell) – 1 part: It is used in the treatment of peptic ulcer, vomiting, hyperacidity, dyspepsia, gastritis and abdominal colic.
- Varata bhasma (incinerated form of cowry shell) – 1 part: It is used in the treatment of digestive impairment, Mal-absorption syndrome, Asthma, bronchitis, Fever, Tuberculosis, Chronic bronchial diseases, eye diseases, oligospermia etc.
- Swarna gairika (red oxide of iron) – 1 part: Its topical application gives relief in burns, ulcers, boils, pustular eruption.
- Giloy satwa (essence of Tinospora cordifolia) – 1 part: Tinospora cordifolia is used for diabetes, high cholesterol, upset stomach, lymphoma and other cancers, hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease (PUD), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), gout, fever, allergic rhinitis (hay fever), gonorrhea, syphilis. Also helps to boost the immune system.
All the above ingredients are well macerated in a mortar by adding little amount of water and pills are made in the size of 2 ratti (364 mg).
Size Per Unit: 30 Pills
DOSAGE OF KAMDUDHA RAS
- Infants – 30 to 60 mg
- Children – 125 to 250 mg
- Adults – 250 to 375 mg
- Pregnancy & breast feeding – 125 t0 250 mg or as directed by the physician
- Geriatrics – 125 to 250 mg
- Maximum possible dosage per day – 1500 mg
- It should be taken twice a day after food with jeeraka (cumin, Cuminum cyminum) or sharkara (jaggery).
- In gyneic disorders, it is given along with cow milk or rice gruel.
- In paittika vikaras, it is given along with sugar and cow milk.
- In prameha, it is given along with long pepper.
- In bleeding disorders – along with Durva swarasa (Cynodon dactylon)
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF KAMDUDHA RAS
Kamdudha Ras is likely to contain:
- Calcium Carbonate
- Iron oxide
- Slight amounts of titanium may also be present.
AYURVEDIC PROPERTIES OF KAMDUDHA RAS
- Kamdudha Ras has Sheeta Virya (coolant in nature), so it is useful in every Pitta Roga.
- Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta
- Vyadhi prabhava – purana jwara, pitta vikara, amla pitta, mukha paka, unmada, somaroga
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF KAMDUDHA RAS
Generally, Kamdudha Ras is a potent antacid. It also has following healing properties:
- Anti-inflammatory (effects appear in gastritis)
- Mild Febrifuge
- Anti hyperglycemic (when PITTA systems in diabetes)
- Mild Anti-depressant (calming effects on brain)
Kamdudha Ras helps in natural calcium and iron supplementation. It is well tolerated and considerably safe, compared to other calcium supplements.
It is beneficial in almost every disease if any of the following symptoms is present:
- Burning sensation
- Reeling sensation or vertigo
- Epigastrium tenderness
- Bleeding tendencies
- Excessive sweating
- Acidic perspiration
- Excessive thirst
- Hot flashes
- Vomiting with yellowish or sour water
- Sour taste of mouth
- Loose motions with burning sensation
Kamdudha ras also neutralizes gastric acid. It reduces inflammation of gastric and esophageal mucosa. Hence, it is beneficial in heartburn, dyspepsia, hyper acidity burning sensation etc.
THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS OF KAMDUDHA RAS
Kamdudha Ras is indicated in following health conditions:
- Chronic fever
- Hyperacidity or Dyspepsia
- Chronic Gastritis
- Duodenal ulcer
- Peptic ulcer
- Mouth ulcer
- Diarrhea with burning sensation
- Nerve Weakness
- Burning sensation during urination
- Bleeding piles
- Nausea and vomiting
- Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy
- Emotional trauma
- Hysteria or unmanageable emotional excesses
- Ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
COMBINATION OF KAMADUDHA RAS & OTHER MEDICINES
In Peptic Ulcer:
In peptic ulcer take Kamdudha ras along with amalaki rasayana, vamsalochana (Inner white light part of bamboo tree), shatavari (Asparagus racemosa), yashtimadhu (Glycrrhiza glabra). It should be taken twice daily in between food when half the food is finished. This Ayurvedic remedy heals ulcer, eradicates Helicobactor pylori, alleviates abdominal pain and tenderness, and reduces all other symptoms of peptic ulcer.
In Vertigo & Dizziness:
The excess PITTA aggravation is a common cause of vertigo or dizziness. Kamdudha Ras is helpful along with other remedies as per underlying cause of the disease. Kamdudha rasa is effective in vertigo when it accompanies with any of the following symptoms:
- Poor circulation – it should be taken along with arjuna twak choorna (Terminalia arjuna), Arjuna Ksheer or Arjunarishta
- Anxiety – it should be taken along with Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Anemia or low iron levels – it is taken along with Drakshasava
- Inner ear problems – it is used along with Rajata Bhasma (silver ash) and Sarivadi Vati)
- Side effect of any medicine
- Reeling sensation associated with acid dyspepsia
Kamdudha Ras is contraindicated in:-
- Hypercalcemia (elevated serum calcium level)
- Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload).
- Kamdudha ras is considered to be safe and well tolerated during pregnancy & lactation. It is recommended for nausea, vomiting and morning sickness during pregnancy.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication & over dosage with Kamdudha ras is dangerous and can cause side effects like tremors and dizziness.
- The common side effect of Kamdudha Ras is constipation, but it is rarely observed.
- Take Kamdudha ras in prescribed dose for the prescribed duration.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.