With growing age a number of symptoms show up on our skin. We get wrinkles, blemishes, and under eye dark circles. They are taken as a normal sign of aging. But in many cases, we see young people with dark under eye circles. In such cases, they are taken as a sign of some underlying problem.
The dark under eye circles are a curse mark on your beauty. They make the face look older and weak and give your overall appearance a dull and unhealthy look. In short, they are negative impact and set back on your appearance. Many of us face this problem and try every possible thing in our hands to get rid of these circles. We may get temporary benefits by using the creams and solutions available in the markets but no results are permanent.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF DARK EYE CIRCLES?
The dark eye circles under and around the eye are not a disease in themselves. They are usually a manifestation of some underlying disorder or may result as a side effect of some medication.
Some of the common causes of dark eye circles are:
- Hereditary: they are usually hereditary in origin. They are common in people who have deep set bone structure that give the dark appearance to eyes. It is usually due to the bluish color of the veins around the eyes.
- Medications: Some medications may cause dilation of blood vessels around the eyes. This leads to increased blood flow and therefore more color to the area around the eye.
- Allergies: Allergies cause itching, and this further leads to darkening of the area around the eye.
- Eczema: In case of eczema, the skin becomes darker due to the rub and itch.
- Anemia: The deficiency of iron is a significant cause in the generation of dark eye circles. The lack of iron is directly related to the low oxygen carrying capacity of blood to the tissues. This makes the veins more prominent. It can be illustrated in cases of pregnancy and during menstrual cycles.
- Age: With growing age skin loses collagen and elastin fibers. It becomes translucent and thin and the circles become more prominent.
- Fatigue: Fatigue leads to engorged veins and under eye circles appear.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Unhealthy diet and incomplete nutrition are significantly related to dark eye circles. Diet lacking in essential vitamins A and E that are essential for healthy skin may lead to these dark eye circles.
HOW CAN AURVEDA HELP IN REDUCE DARK EYE CIRCLES?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that makes use of herbs existing in the nature and formulates herbal remedies using the inherent power present in these herbs. We in Ayurveda believe that herbal remedies bring to you the richness of the herbs in a natural, unadulterated form. These combinations help improve immunity and provide strength, endurance and will.
Ayurveda uses the inherent power of natural herbs to bring about wonderful results on the human body. The herbs are natural and 100% safe. Ayurveda helps to naturally enhance the body functioning in an herbal way. The herbs for dark eye circles help the body to fulfill its nutritional requirements and in a healthy way reduce and eliminate dark eye circles.
HERBS IN AYURVEDA THAT HELP REDUCE EYE CIRCLES
SULPHUR PURIFIED (GANDHAK)
The commonly heard element sulphur acts as a wonderful remedy when used in its best form. It is best known for its moisture absorbing properties and it therefore a great hydrant. It helps to generate fresher and younger looking skin. It can also be used as an excellent topical exfoliate. It removes the dead surface of the skin and reveals the healthy and glowing looking skin from underneath. These qualities make it an excellent rejuvenating herb. It is an excellent remedy to flush out toxins from the body. It is used to prepare GANDHAK RASAYAN.
EMBLICA OFFICINALIS (Amalaki)
The herb is known for its rejuvenating properties. It is a natural antioxidant that removes free radicals from the body and helps in regeneration of cells. Amla helps in increasing the body vitality and strengthening immunity. It helps in developing healthy, glowing skin and preventing premature aging. Anemia and blood related disorders are helped in a natural way. It helps in maintaining proper functioning of the liver. It aids digestion by soothing hyperacidity. This wonderful herb helps in improving immunity and boosting metabolism. The herb helps gain youthful skin and beauty. Amla has aphrodisiac, antipyretic, cardio-tonic, anti-diabetic, cerebral and gastrointestinal properties. It prevents premature greying of hair, hair loss and promotes hair and nail growth. It enhances eye sight, keeps the mouth clean, and nourishes bones and teeth. It helps to keep the intestine clean and also controls blood sugar. Amla is used to prepare AMLA SAAR.
ALOE BARBADENSIS (GHRIT KUMARI)
Aloe has been used in several skin care products. It helps in rejuvenating the skin making it shiny and strong. It prevents wrinkles, clears blemishes and prevents aging marks. Herbs and herbal formulations that have Aloe barbadensis reduce skin inflammations effectively. In hair care products aloe is used to repair dull and dry hair. It forms an important part of several hair conditioners and shampoos. Aloe extract is generally useful in relieving hypertension. It has abundant antioxidant properties and effectively eliminates toxins from the body. It helps to overcome high blood pressure and respiration problems. It is used in the preparation of Radiant skin, hair, and nail capsules.
RUBIA CORDIFOLIA (MANJISTHA)
Manjistha is an excellent herb famous for its beautiful actions on the outer skin. It has magnificent powers on the skin that nourish and replenish it in a beautiful way. It is anti-inflammatory and relieves wound and inflammations, helps in ulcers and skin disorders. It portrays astringent like properties. It can also be used as an anti-helminthic. It increases flow and it purifies breast milk. Its special role is in case of different skin disorders related with pigmentation, weakness, general debility and poisoning. Manjistha can be used in skin diseases like leprosy, erysipelas, vitiligo and hypo-pigmentation. It is used in the preparation of Radiant skin, hair, and nail capsules.