Effective Herbal Remedies for Von Willebrand Disease (VWD)
|1||Pitta Balance||1 Bottle (60 capsules)|
|2||Immune Booster||1 Bottle (60 capsules)|
|3||Giloy Capsules||1 Bottle (60 capsules)|
|4||Chandrakala Rasa||2 Bottles (60 tablets each)|
|5||Praval Panchamrit||1 Bottle (60 tablets)|
WHAT IS VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE?
Von Willebrand is a coagulating abnormality that can be hereditary or acquired. This disease occurs due to the deficiency of Von Willebrand factor (vWF). This factor is a protein which is required for platelet adhesion. Von Willebrand factor along with some other factors is responsible for coagulation. It is present in plasma, serum and also in some other fluids like synovial and semen. This disease is named as von Willebrand because in 1926, Dr. Von Willebrand differentiated this disease from other blood clotting disorders. This blood clotting disorder affects human beings as well as dogs.
According to Ayurveda, this disease can be correlated to ‘Raktapitta’, where the vitiation of pitta dosha and rakta takes place which is responsible for various bleeding problems.
TYPES OF VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE
This disease is categorized as follows:-
- Type 1 – VWD Type 1 includes a reduced level of von Willebrand factor along with factor VIII. A low level occurs due to the failure of secretion of this factor in circulation. This is the most common type of VWD.
- Type 2 – This type occurs due to gene mutations
- Type 3 – Here, this type is characterized by the absence of VWD factor in the blood and it is a very rare form of VWD.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE?
- As we discussed it is a hereditary disease thus genetic factors are responsible for this disease.
- It is also acquired one, thus all the factors which are responsible for the vitiation of Pitta and Rakta in our body are the cause of this disease.
- Any cause that vitiates our Agni, is also responsible for this disease.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE?
- Bleeding is the main cardinal sign of this disease. Bleeding can occur from any of the body parts like – gums, oral cavity, nose, ears.
- Internal bleeding in joints and body organs.
- Especially, the females affected by Von Willebrand disease complaining of heavy and long menstrual bleeding.
- During labor there will be heavy bleeding.
- Sometimes a person may experience bleeding in urine and also in stools.
- On mild injury, there will be heavy bleeding.
DIAGNOSIS OF VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE
The diagnostic criteria for this disease are laboratory investigations and they are:-
- CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- Platelet function assay
- ATT (Activated partial thromboplastin time)
- Prothrombin time
- Fibrinogen level
- Coagulating factor assay
- The specific test for von willebrand factor
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE
Planet Ayurveda is offering the best combination of herbs that helps to manage von Willebrand disease along with its complications by the name of “VWD CARE PACK”.
1. Pitta Balance
This is a unique formulation of Planet Ayurveda, the name of this formulation itself suggests the action is to balance pitta dosha in our body. Pitta balance capsules contain – paval pishti, akik pishti, mukta pishti, jahar mohra pishti, kamdudha ras and giloy satva.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water, after meals.
2. Immune Booster
Immune booster capsules are composed of grape seed, go- piyush, bhumi amla and amalaki. They help to manage vWd by increasing the secretions of clotting factors from the endocrinal glands. These capsules help to modulate the immune system thus genetic mutations can be easily managed by them.
Dosage: 1 capsule with plain water after meals, preferably twice daily.
3. Giloy Capsules
These capsules are the pure extract of giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). Giloy is a well-known herb for its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and immunomodulatory properties, thus beneficial in this condition.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. Chandrakala Rasa
This preparation contains herbs like – karpura, ela, amla, shalmai, vanga, loha bhasma, etc. that manage the problems related to the circulatory system like bleeding disorders. These herbs pacify Pitta dosha and due to their kashaya rasa it arrests bleeding.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water / cow milk, after meals.
5. Praval Panchamrit
It is an herbal formulation that composed of praval, mukta, shankh, arka, etc. It creates a calming effect on the body as well as on the mind. It is helpful to manage pitta and vata dosha in our body hence, effective in this disease.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with plain water, after meals.