EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR EYE FLICKERING
|1 Bottle (120 Tablets)
|3 Bottles (100gm Each)
|Angel Eye Vitale
|1 Bottle (60 Capsules)
|Optidew (Herbal Eye Drops)
|1 Bottle (10 ml)
Eyes are the windows for our body, we can know about our general health and what’s happening in our body. It is a very easy and convenient path or option for a physician to have a look at our blood vessels, nervous tissues, and connective tissues without undergoing any type of surgery. Eye’s can give many early signs for diagnosis of various types of disorders, and when we have made diagnosis earlier then we have best treatment options. Here, we are going to discuss eye flickering or eye twitches and in medical terms it is referred to as myokymia. In this article we are going to discuss causes, symptoms and treatment for Eye flickering.
Myokymia is a repetitive, involuntary spasm of eyelid muscles, which only affects the eyelid. This condition is very common and may happen with everyone at one time or another. It may occur in lower or upper eyelids but commonly involves one eye at a single time. This condition can be ignored or sometimes it bothers too much, and may go away after a while or may come again after a few hours or days later. For some people these spasms or twitches may feel light and this condition may experience strong force for both the eyelids to close completely. Benign essential blepharospasm and hemifacial spasm are medical conditions that also often create the symptom of eyes flickering and it may be the early sign of the chronic disorders.
Most common cause of twitching is ocular myokymia. This is benign in nature aggravated by :-
- Medication side effects
- Light sensitivity
- Physical exertion or stress
- Migraine episodes
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, or caffeine
- Some people may feel this flickering sensation every few seconds and some may experience it more often.
- Commonly people experience this sensation on only the upper eyelid, some in both eyes or some in only one eye.
- This condition irritates more commonly.
- Blinking rate is increased during eye flickering.
It is most common in the condition named Blepharospasm in which both eyes are involved. Some other disorders which involve this condition are:-
- Parkinson disease
- Stroke/inflammation that directly affects the thalamus, basal ganglia, or brain stem.
- Multiple sclerotic disease.
- Bell’s palsy.
- Past history of traumatic head injuries.
For diagnosing the underlying pathology you should do the following :-
- History of the patient may help to know about the cause behind this condition.
- Benign essential blepharospasm or hemifacial spasm must be ruled out.
- CT scan or MRI should be done.
This condition does not always need any type of specific treatment strategy if you don’t have a ton of symptoms that hamper your daily work.
Getting some rest, stress free time may help you to get cured from these symptoms. In the modern medicinal system many ophthalmologists may advise you to take botulinum toxin injections into the muscles of the eyes, but this injection may give certain side effects like this may paralyse the muscle that is contracting with time. They may also advise surgery if the flickers are so severe. Myectomy relieves you from this condition by removing some of the muscles and nerves of your eyelids.
Some important preventive measures to relieve the eye flickering condition –
- Don’t drink too much caffeine.
- Have proper rest if you work on computer or laptop screens.
- Don’t take too much stress.
- Don’t use any type of eye drops that may further lead to the irritation of eyes.
- Use the glasses when in direct exposure to sunlight.
In Ayurvedic texts, this condition is triggered due to the vitiation of vata dosha. Causes that aggravate the vata dosha are dryness, roughness, constriction or contractures, weakness or paralysis of muscles, excessive movements or immobilisation may also lead to vitiation of Vata dosha. Pain or excessive twitching over the eyelids may lead to irritation in many people. The treatment of aggravation of Vata is snehan and mridu karmas. Nasya karma, dhoomapana and sweet, sour, salty, and moist food should be given to the patient to get relief from the aggravated vata condition. Some herbal remedies recommended for eye flickering by Planet Ayurveda are mentioned above.
Planet Ayurveda – Planet Ayurveda is a herbal manufacturing company and is GMP certified. Our company prepares very effective herbal formulations that give 100% results in the patient’s condition. These are pure natural products formulated under the supervision of Ayurveda doctors and Ayurvedic formulations are free from side effects and do not contain any fillers, dyes or chemical compounds that are harmful for the body. Herbal formulations are advised to the patient for the eye flickering are –
LIST OF MEDICATIONS IN EYE FLICKERING CARE PACK
- BRAHMI CAPSULES
- BRAHMI GHRIT
- ANGEL EYE VITALE
- OPTIDEW DROPS
1. BRAHMI CAPSULES
This is a single herbal formulation prepared by Planet Ayurveda consisting of standardised extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). This herb is very effective in neuromuscular disorders, reduces irritation and unwanted constrictions and contraction in the nerve endings. This herb helps to keep our body muscles calm, by different Acharyas Brahmi is categorised under the medhya Rasayana that helps the body to rejuvenate, reducing stress and adverse effects of hormonal imbalances.
Dosage: 1 twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
2. BRAHMI GHRIT
This is a classical formulation prepared by Planet Ayurveda with the ancient method of preparations. This articulation consists of various ingredients that all are very helpful in managing the neuro-muscular diseases.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – Brahmi have various adaptogenic properties, it helps to enhance and improve all brain functions and controls the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) – Vacha is also very helpful in many neurological and psychological conditions, that helps to reduce mental stress and fatigue.
- Kustha (Saussurea lappa) – Kushtha is used in various vataj conditions, it has effective vata anulomana properties.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus prostratus) – shankhpushpi is also considered the best medhya rasayana based on the literature of Charak samhita. This also has great properties of Vata shaman.
- Cow ghee – cow ghee is very effective in neuromuscular diseases and it can pass the blood brain barrier so give efficacious results in the condition of the patient.
Dosage: 1 tsp twice a day after meals with warm water.
3. ANGEL EYE VITALE
This product is prepared by Planet Ayurveda and consists of various drugs that help to relax the nervous system.
- Amlaki (Emblica officinalis) – This herb contains an extract that gives very wonderful effects in vata related disorders.
- Gotukola (Centella asiatica) – This herb is very helpful in maintaining neuromuscular health, and has great properties to balance the aggravated dosha.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) – This herb is very useful in relaxing the nervous system and anti-oxidative in nature.
Dosage: 1-2 Capsules once or twice daily.
4. OPTIDEW DROPS
This patent herbal medication prepared by Planet Ayurveda consists of various herbal formulations that have a strong effect on neuro-muscular health.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Amlaki (Emblica officinalis) – This herb gives various health benefits that relaxes all the motor and sensory nerve control, reduces stress.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – This herb is very beneficial in vata anulomana, has great effects in relieving irritation, itching or fat.
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) – This herb is very wonderful in maintaining vata in a balanced condition, reducing inflammation, fatigue and stress related symptoms.
- Karpoor (Cinnamomum camphora) – This herb is widely famous for relieving stress and mental fatigue, and giving a cooling effect.
- Rakta chandna (pterocarpus santalinus) – Rakta chandana is very beneficial in burning symptoms, irritation or itching over any part of the body.
- Palash papda (Butea monosperma) – This is an antioxidant in nature, has great curative and healing properties, reduces stress or vata shamak in nature.
- Saindhav lavan – It is used in our homes in our daily life, helps to enhance the metabolism, increases the immunity and slows down the stress related symptoms.
- Neem patra (Azadirachta indica) – This herb is very useful in cardio-vascular diseases, given for the pitta and kapha related disorders and has cold potency.
- Sahijan (Moringa oleifera) – This herb helps to balance the vata and kapha related symptoms, stimulates the digestive fire and reduces ama dosha.
- Nisha (Curcuma longa) – This herb is very beneficial in blood purification, balances tridosha and is also helpful in managing irritation and itching.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – This herb is great vata anulomana, relieves pain, reduces stress, is a great diuretic and acts as a blood purifier.
Dosage: 2 drops in each eye.
Eye flickering condition is mainly characterised due to the twitches or involuntary spasms of the eyelids, in Ayurveda context this is mainly due to the Vata dosha, which occurs for a few seconds or may persist for weeks or even months. These episodes are unpredictable and the management of this disease can be done by balancing all the doshas effectively.