Effective Herbs And Herbal Supplements
Adenomyosis occurs when the tissue from the lining of the uterus grows in the wall of the uterine cavity. The Uterus/ Womb is the organ of the reproductive system which contains glands and secretes the uterine milk for the nourishment of the embryo. The lower end of the uterus is known as Isthmus which gets connected to the cervix and leads to the vagina. The uterus is located within the pelvic cavity and overlies the part of the bladder in front of the Sigmoid colon. It is a pear-shaped organ which is about 7.6 cm long and is covered in a sheet-like fold called a peritoneum (the broad ligament). From the inner part to the outer part there are 3 layers (endometrium, Myometrium and Perimetrium). When the innermost layer of myometrium gets thickened in the junctional zone it is known as Adenomyosis. The uterus is richly supplied by arterial blood from the uterine artery and ovarian artery. In this article, we are going to discuss its causes, symptoms and its ayurvedic aspects in detail.
|1||Kanchnaar Guggul||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|2||Chandrakala Ras||2 Bottles (60 Tablets Each)|
|3||Dashmularisht||2 Bottles (450ml Each)|
|4||Female Health Support||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|5||Boswellia Curcumin||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|6||Pradrantak Churna||3 Bottles (100gm Each)|
Adenomyosis is the proliferation of the growth of the cells inside the uterus (endometrium) along with the cells of the uterine wall (myometrium). It causes a doubling and tripling of the size of the uterus. It makes the wall of the uterus thick and distorts the blood vessels which leads to a heavy, prolonged and painful period. It is the growth of the uterine wall in the muscular wall of the uterus which is much similar to Endometriosis. When a person gets into the menstrual phase the cells get trapped and undergo stimulation of the hormones of the menstrual cycle which is similar to the mucous membrane of the uterus. There may be rising and falling levels of estrogen which affect the lining of the uterus and cause painful and heavy periods. This is typically seen in women between the age of 35-50 years of age but can be seen in younger women too. The basal Endometrium gets penetrates into the hyperplastic myometrial fibers and does not undergo the cyclic changes involving the uterus focally creating an Adnemyoma, and the uterus becomes heavier and bulky.
- When there is a misplaced proliferation of endometrial tissue it shows a different mechanism.
- Uterine contraction is mainly due to prostaglandins which are produced by normal tissue.
- Dysmenorrhea is the main reason for this disease which is due to the high levels of prostaglandins.
- This proliferation of endometrium is due to estrogen level which reduces its level in order to decrease the symptoms.
- Adenomyosis patients with heavy menstrual bleeding increased endometrial tissue and a greater degree of vascularization and an increased level of estrogen.
- Invasive growth of tissue – The endometrial cells of the lining of the uterus invade the muscles of the uterus and certain incisions are made during operations which promote the invasion of the endometrial cells into the uterus wall.
- Endometrial tissues get deposited into the uterine muscles.
- Inflammation of the uterus which is related to childbirth.
- When bone marrow cells invade the muscles of the uterus.
- The functioning of the inner myometrium which is the junctional zone plays an important role in the development of adenomyosis.
Signs And Symptoms
- Heavy menstrual bleeding further causes anemia which is associated with fatigue, dizziness (dysmenorrhea)
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Painful vaginal intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Painful cramping
- Enlargement of uterus
- Tender uterus
- Pain during bowel movement
- Ultrasound- Transvaginal ultrasound
- MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging)
- Pelvic Examination
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Hormonal Medications – Such as Oral contraceptives, Progesterone and Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists and Hormonal intrauterine devices (IUD)
- Various surgical procedures such as Uterine-sparing procedures, Adenomyoma resection
- Fertility problems
- Higher risk of pregnancy complications
- Anemia from heavy bleeding
In Ayurveda, it is due to an imbalance of tridoshas which involves Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas. This imbalance of doshas leads to poor digestive fire and therefore there is the deposition of Ama (endotoxins) which are the undigested food particles in the form of toxins in the body. Whenever there is an issue in menstrual problems there is an imbalance in Vata doshas and whenever there is the formation of clots and pain in huge amounts is due to the involvement of Pitta and Kapha imbalance as well. When there is an imbalance in doshas (estrogen gets dominated) due to poor circulation, excess growth which comes in the form of cysts across the uterus.
- Basti – As Vata Doshas is the main cause of adenomyosis and Basti is the Ardha Chikitsa for Adenomyosis. It is helpful in curing infertility issues and herbal decoction is released through the rectum area and increases the process of ovulation in females.
- Uttarbasti – It is helpful in scrapping the excessive lining of the uterus and bringing back the uterus to normal size. In this herbal oil is inserted into this.
- Detoxification – In Ayurveda detoxification therapy is the process to get rid of toxins from the body, so to balance the vitiated doshas this detoxification process works well on all different types of patients.
- Abhyanga – This method is useful in reducing the doshas and massage makes the tissue dry and reduces Vata doshas which reduces the size of the uterus and swelling.
Adenomyosis Care Pack
Planet Ayurveda is a GMP- Certified Clinic which formulates various herbal remedies for maintaining health as well as alleviating various health concerns. All the formulations which are made are free from any kind of additives, preservatives and color. These remedies are 100% pure and are formulated under the strict guidance of M.D. experts. For this Planet, Ayurveda provides you with Adenomyosis Care Pack, let’s have a look at this pack in detail and how it is beneficial in maintaining this problem.
- KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
- CHANDRAKALA RAS
- FEMALE HEALTH SUPPORT
- BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN
- PRADRANTAK CHURNA
1. Kanchnaar Guggul
Kanchnaar Guggul – Kanchnaar Guggul are herbal tablet formulations which are made by planet ayurveda using various ingredients such as Kanchnaar bark, Amalaki, Bhibhitaki and many others which are very helpful in this condition. It is helpful in reducing swelling and lumps by drying the excessive fluid in the body.
Various Ingredients of Kanchnaar Guggul
- Kachnar Bark – Kanchnaar (Bauhinia variegata) is helpful in treating goitre and in extra growth. Balances Kapha and Pitta doshas are very beneficial in the overall female reproductive system and in various diseases such as PCOS, Endometriosis. It has a scraping property which is helpful in reducing the extra fat in obese people.
- Amalaki – Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) is helpful in balancing the tridoshas of the body, Helpful in improving the vision for the good overall health of the eyes. Has Aphrodisiac property which is useful in reducing the burning sensation. Flushes toxins and regulates the menstrual cycle and maintains balance in hormones.
- Haritaki – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) has a rejuvenating property which subsides all tridoshas in the body (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It is helpful in improving the process of digestion and acts as an expectorant which is useful in respiratory disorders. Maintains the healthy functioning of reproductive organs and cleans the uterine cavity.
- Bibhitaki – Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) is very effective in providing nourishment to all dhatus and pacifying all tridosha. Is rejuvenative in nature which is helpful in providing relief from inflammation. Beneficial in All types of skin disorders and boosts hair growth. Enhances immunity to fight against various diseases.
- Trikatu (Ginger, black pepper, Pippali) – Trikatu (Zingiber officinale, Piper nigrum, Piper Longum). It has various properties such as Anti-allergic, Anti-inflammatory properties. Improves the digestive fire and lowers the cholesterol level which improves the blood channels via its detoxification property.
- Varuna Bark – Varuna (Crataeva religiosa) is a natural blood purifier which is effective in urinary tract infections. Balances Vata and Kapha doshas. It has Litholytic and anti-inflammatory properties which reduce inflammation. Has diuretic properties so it maintains the proper homeostasis of the human body.
- Cardamom – Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) is helpful in pacifying the Kapha and Pitta doshas. It is helpful in curing indigestion and reduces inflammation. Useful in the common cold and in various digestion problems.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) is helpful in improving the strength of digestion and Balancing the Vata and Kapha doshas. It is helpful in lessening the inflammation which is due to ulcers. Useful in reducing the cholesterol level and strengthening the muscles of the heart.
- Tejapatra – Tejapatra (Cinnamomum tamala) is helpful in increasing the digestive power and reducing the level of cholesterol which strengthens the walls of the heart. It is helpful in easy fertilization and overcomes habitual abortions.
- Guggul – Guggul (Commiphora mukul) is an oleo-gum resin and controls the Vata doshas. Removes the Ama doshas from the body and balances all tridoshas from the body and is useful in constipation and in loss of appetite. Decreases the excess fluid from the body and is useful in deep-seated skin diseases.
Dosage – 2 Tablets twice daily after meals with lukewarm water.
2. Chandrakala Ras
Chandrakala Ras – Chandrakala Ras is a classical herbal formulation which is manufactured by planet ayurveda using various ingredients. It is helpful in the treatment of various bleeding disorders and regulates the blood sugar level.
Various Ingredients of Chandrakala Ras
- Ela – Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) is helpful in pacifying Kapha And Pitta doshas. It is good for digestive issues and helpful in reducing inflammation and controlling depression. Increases the movement of food through the intestine.
- Camphor – Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora) has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in treating various types of skin diseases and thus improves respiratory functions. It has the ability to increase collagen production.
- Dhatri – Dhatri (Emblica officinalis) is helpful in promoting the immune system and enhancing the health of the liver. Increases the growth of hair and supports healthy digestion. Reduces inflammation and infection. Rich source of fiber content.
- Jatiphal – Jatiphal (Myristica fragrans) commonly known as Nutmeg. Has antibacterial properties as it is helpful in increasing female sexual desire and helps in reducing wrinkles and providing a lighter tone. Combats anxiety and depression.
- Shalmali – Shalmali (Bombax malabaricum) is helpful in balancing Vata and Pitta doshas. It is helpful in reducing the burning sensation and is used in the treatment of skin diseases and in female reproductive problems.
- Sutendra – Sutendra (Purified Mercury) Is helpful in eliminating all diseases and strengthening the body and is used as a diuretic, helpful in all types of skin diseases. Stabilises the mind.
- Vanga – Vanga (Tin bhasma) has a pitta balancing property and is helpful in controlling the burning moisture. Effective in the management of sexual dysfunctions and restoring the energy level. Improves secondary infections.
- Ayasa – Ayasa (Iron bhasma) is helpful in anaemia and improves general weakness. It is an effective remedy for chronic fever and it possesses vitality and anti-ageing properties.
- Giloy – Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) has anti-inflammatory properties thus improving digestion and is helpful in managing the blood glucose level, has Balya (strength provider) and Rejuvenating properties.
- Honey – Has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is a rich source of antioxidants and improves the health of the heart. Enhances the sensitivity of insulin.
Dosage – 2 Tablet twice daily after meals.
Dashmularisht – Dashmularisht is classical ayurvedic preparation which is made up of various ingredients and is helpful in pacifying all three doshas.
Various Ingredients of Dashmularisht
- Bilva – Bilva (Aegle marmelos) is helpful in treating all female reproductive systems and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sonapatha – Sonapatha (Oroxylum indicum) has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in gynaecological disorders.
- Gambhari – Gambhari (Gmelina arborea) Balances Vata and Pitta doshas and promotes the digestive fire and is purgative in nature.
- Patola – Patola (Stereospemum suaveolens) balances all tridoshas, and has coolant properties.
- Agnimanth – Agnimanth (Premna integrifolia) balances Vata doshas and Kapha doshas. Reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Shalparni – Shalparni (Desmodium gangeticum) balances Vata and Kapha doshas and removes toxins and waste from the body.
- Badi Kateri – Badi Kateri (Solanum indicum) is useful in improving digestion strength.
- Prishniparni – Prinshniparni (Uraria picta) has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Kateri – Kateri (Solanum surattense) has anthelmintic properties.
- Gokshur – Gokshur (Tribulus Terrestris) treats stress and menstrual problems.
- Chitrak – Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) treats migraine and has antiseptic properties.
- Pushkarmool – Pushkarmool (Inula racemosa) has anti-inflammatory and carminative properties.
- Lodhra – Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) has anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic properties. Beneficial in gynaecological disorders.
- Giloy – Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is a well-known immuno-modulator useful in auto-immunity.
- Amalaki – Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis) loaded with powerful antioxidants, improves body immunity.
- Javasa – Javasa (Alhagi camelorum) is helpful in increasing the physical strength of the body.
- Khadir – Khadir (Acacia catechu) is helpful in detoxifying the body and removing toxins.
- Vijaysar – Vijaysar (Pterocarpus marsupium) controls blood sugar levels in the body.
- Harad – Harad (Terminalia chebula) supports healthy functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Kusth – Kusth (Anacyclus pyrethrum) is useful in female infertility and treating toothache.
- Manjistha – Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) improves the texture of the skin.
- Devdaru – Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) is helpful in female-related health issues.
- Vaividang – Vaividang (Embelia ribes) manages worm infestation and has rechana property.
- Mulethi – Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is helpful in the treatment of indigestion and ulcers.
- Bharangi – Bhrangi (Clerodendrum serratum) acts as an appetiser and stimulates the digestive fire.
- Kapittha – Kapittha (Feronia elephantum) is useful in the treatment of nausea and acts as an antidote.
- Baheda – Baheda (Terminalia bellerica) is effective in nourishing the dhatus of the body.
- Punarnava – Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) is a natural diuretic and reduces inflammation.
- Chavya – Chavya (Piper retrofractum) is useful in treating indigestion.
- Jatamansi – Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) supports the healthy functioning of the brain.
- Priyangu – Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla) has antipyretic properties and tones the digestive system.
- Sariva – Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) Treats mitochondrial dysfunction of the kidney.
- Kala Jeera – Kala Jeera (Carum carvi) is rich in antioxidants and helpful in arthritic pain.
- Nishoth – Nishoth (Operculina turpethum) has purgative properties to regularise bowel movement.
- Sambhalu Beej – Sambhalu Beej (Vitex negundo) is anti-inflammatory and in the female reproductive system.
- Rasna – Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) pacifies muscle spasms and treats colds and coughs.
- Pippali – Pippali (Piper longum) is a great decongestant and bronchodilator.
- Supari – Supari (Areca catechu) disperse the accumulated fluid in the abdominal cavity.
- Kachoor – Kachoor (Curcuma zedoaria) has kapha balancing nature and improves digestion.
- Haridra – Haridra (Curcuma longa) has antioxidant properties.
- Sonph – Sonph (Foeniculum vulgare) is useful in various ailments such as reproductive and endocrine diseases.
- Nagkesar – Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea) treats indigestion and bleeding piles.
- Nagarmotha – Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus) reduces Ama (endotoxins).
- Indrajau – Indrajau (Holarrhena antidysenterica) has anti-oxidant and anti-emetic properties.
- Karkatshringi – Karkatshringi (Pistacia integerrima) removes excess mucus from the respiratory tract.
- Jeevak – Jeevak Rishbhak (Pueraria tuberosa) is used as a restorative tonic.
- Meda-Mahameda – Meda-Mahameda (Asparagus racemosus) increases physical strength and nourishes the body.
- Kakoli-Ksirakakoli – Kakoli-Ksirakakoli (Withania somnifera) acts as a nerve tonic and provides a soothing effect to nerves.
- Riddhi-Briddhi – Riddhi Briddhi (Dioscorea bulbifera) is useful in the treatment of Piles, Dysentery.
- Munnaka – Munnaka (Vitis vinifera) lower the risk of heart disease and lower the cholesterol level.
- Dhayphool – Dhayphool (Woodfordia fructicosa) reduces the burning sensation and is useful in menorrhagia.
- Shetal Chini – Shetal Chini (Piper cubeba) has bronchodilator activity.
- Netrabala – Netrabala (Pavonia odorata) is an aromatic medicinal herb useful in inflammation and in haemorrhage.
- Svet Chandan – Svet Chandan (Santalum album) is useful in treating UTIs and in various conditions of heart and blood vessels.
- Jaiphal – Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) boosts the immune system and has antibacterial properties.
- Lavang – Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum) has vitamin C and is well known to increase immunity.
- Dal Chini – Dal Chini (Dioscorea bulbifera) is useful in indigestion and flu conditions.
- Choti Elaichi – Choti Elaichi (Amomum subultatum) has antibacterial properties and strengthens the lining of the stomach.
- Tejpatra – Tejpatra (Dioscorea bulbifera) has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Nagkesar – Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea) relieves cold and cough and excess mucus from the lungs.
- Pippali – Pippali (Piper longum) manages cough and cold and Kapha balancing property.
- Nimali Phal – Nimali Phal (Strychnos potatorum) is useful in treating gonorrhoea and in chronic diarrhoea.
- Madhu – Has healing properties due to its Shodhana (purification) and acts as a laxative.
- Gud – Gud (Saccharum officinarum) promotes weight loss and beats anaemia.
Dosage – 2 Teaspoons twice daily after meals.
4. Female Health Support
Female Health Support are Poly-herbal Capsules from planet ayurveda useful in maintaining the overall health of females.
Various Ingredients of Female Health Support
- Ashok – Ashok (Saraca indica) is helpful in the treatment of Female infertility and in reproductive system infection. It is helpful in suppressing inflammation and useful in the management of the gastrointestinal system. Maintains healthy menstrual flow and healthy functioning of the digestive system.
- Lodhra – Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) It is helpful in nourishing the skin and is useful in the uterine tonic. Maintains the optimum health of the women and controls excessive bleeding and digestive disorders. Balances Pitta and Kapha doshas.
- Shatavari – Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) is a well-known female tonic which is helpful in improving the natural process of lactation and is a rich source of antioxidants and micronutrients. Promotes strength and longevity which rejuvenates the rasa and mamsa dhatu.
Dosage – Capsule twice daily after meals.
5. Boswellia Curcumin
This herbal remedy has an effective combination of anti-inflammatory herbs which are the most effective arthritis supplement.
Various Ingredients of Boswellia Curcumin
- Shallaki – Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) is helpful in reducing the inflammation and is effective in various inflammatory disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Enhances the ability of the body to heal external wounds and bruises. Promotes normal and comfortable menstruation and enhances circulations in reproductive organs.
- Curcumin – Curcumin (Curcuma longa) is helpful in balancing the tridoshas of the body. It is helpful in reducing inflammation and helpful in the treatment of bone-related disorders. Has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Removes the various toxins and protects the body from free radicals.
Dosage – 1 Capsule twice daily after meals.
6. Pradrantak Churna
Pradrantak Churna is a polyherbal churna which is formulated by planet ayurveda and supports a healthy female reproductive system.
Various Ingredients of Pradrantak Churna
- Lodhra – Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) is one of the best ayurvedic herbs useful in gynaecological problems and nourishes the skin and provides benefits for acne and wrinkles. Controls bleeding and digestive disorders and improves the health of women. Helpful in the detoxification of the body and maintains its shape of the body.
- Ashok – Ashok (Saraca indica) is helpful in balancing Kapha and Pitta doshas. It is beneficial in relieving pain and useful in Vata disorders. Regularise the hormones and menstrual cycle which improves the stamina and strength in females. It is a natural detoxification property which keeps the body free from toxins.
- Udumbur – Udumbur (Ficus glomerata) is helpful in producing red blood cells and increases the oxygenation and circulation of blood. Promotes the healing of wounds and is helpful in female reproductive problems such as Menstruation cramps, ovarian cysts and leucorrhea.
- Arjuna – Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) is helpful in managing the cholesterol levels in the body and helps in guarding the heart against various chronic high blood pressure. Helpful in balancing hormones and provides relief from excess bleeding.
Dosage – 1 Teaspoon twice daily after meals .
Adenomyosis occurs when the tissue from the lining of the uterus grows in the wall of the uterine cavity. The Uterus/ Womb is the organ of the reproductive system which contains glands and secretes the uterine milk for the nourishment of the embryo. Adenomyosis is the proliferation of the growth of the cells inside the uterus (endometrium) along with the cells of the uterine wall (myometrium). It causes a doubling and tripling of the size of the uterus. In Ayurveda, it is due to an imbalance of tridoshas which involves Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas. This imbalance of doshas leads to poor digestive fire and therefore there is the deposition of Ama (endotoxins) which are the undigested food particles in the form of toxins in the body. Further, we discussed Adenomyosis Care Pack from Planet Ayurveda which is helpful in this without causing any side effects.