EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS MANAGEMENT
|1||Vatsakadi Churna||2 Packs (100gm each)|
|2||Pitta Balance||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Arjuna Capsules||2 Bottles (120 capsules)|
|4||Kutazghan Vati||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
Product Quantity is as per dosage required by Adults – For Patients Under Age 14 – This Quantity will last for 2 Months
WHAT IS ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
The term ulcerative colitis relates to the human digestive organ Colon. As the name suggests, it is an ulcerative condition of the colon with inflammations and ulcerations resulting in dysfunctioning of the colon and the complete digestive system as a whole. Other than the bowel mal function, the open ulcers lead to extreme pain and discomfort that makes the person become irritated and frustrated with pain. There can be diarrhea as a result of this condition which is usually accompanied by bleeding from the colonic ulcers.
CAUSE OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS IN AYURVEDA
In Ayurveda Ulcerative colitis is known as pittaj grahani. Basically there are three energies – vata, pitta and kapha in our body which represent a healthy body. Imbalance of any of three energies results in the several health issues. Ulcerative colitis is mainly due to the imbalance of pitta dosha with involvement of imbalanced vata dosha in some cases. Pitta dosha gets aggravated due to the consumption of pitta aggravating foods which result in the damage to rakta dhatu (blood tissues) and mamsa dhatu (muscle tissues). Due to this, ama (toxins) get accumulated in the intestine. Accumulation of vata dosha also get aggravated in the lower colon region which causes the mucous accumulation and inflammation.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
The ulcers may come up in the colon due to either of the following mentioned factors:
- Genetic factors: A usual answer to unknown Ulcers is their genetic prevalence.
- Stress factors: In today’s stressful lifestyle unhealthy eating and disoriented lifestyle may lead to ulcers
- Diet rich in fatty, oily, and spicy food
- Environmental factors like lifestyle
- Alcohol and smoking are a common cause
- Autoimmune causes
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS?
The usual symptoms presented by cases of ulcerative colitis are:
- Diarrhea mixed with blood
- Diarrhea mixed with mucus
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Blood in rectal examinations
- The patient may become anemic
- Abdominal pain
PLANET AYURVEDA’S HERBAL Care PACK FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS
1. Vastakadi churna
- Holarrhena antidyssentrica: This herb has stomachic, febrifuge and bitter properties. Other properties include carminative, astringent, antiperiodic, tonic, lithotropic and also an aphrodisiac. Kutaz has been used to relieve bleeding piles, bacillary dysentery and malaria. It is also useful in relieving other ailments like ulcers, pruritis, dyspepsia and jaundice. The bark and seeds of the plant are used for medicinal properties.
- Aegle marmelos: It is considered as a sacred tree in India. Bilva is useful in relieving digestive disorders like colitis and Irritable bowel syndrome. It helps in the overall functioning of the digestive system.
It is also useful in relieving fluid retention and hemorrhoids. It also provides strength to the body. Powder of Bilva leaves is useful in regulating blood sugar levels. The fruit eliminates extra heat in the body and relieves colitis, diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome. The root of the Bilva tree calms the nerves and is used in relieving vata disorders, epilepsy, insomnia and hysteria. The juice of Bilva leaves acts like a stimulant. The leaf extract when mixed with black pepper is useful in relieving jaundice.
- Foeniculum vulgare: It is a common condiment found in Indian cooking. It is used as a mouth freshener. It is known with the name fennel seeds. These seeds have phytoestrogens which help in the digestion of the food. It is beneficial for lactating and nursing mothers. It also helps to reduce colic in new born babies. The seeds help to gain a clear vision if consumed regularly. Fennel seeds purify the blood and eliminate toxins from the body.
- Coriander sativum: Commonly known as coriander seeds, they are used as a spice in Indian cooking. It has several medicinal uses. External application of the paste of these seeds eliminates pains and swelling. These seeds have digestive, astringent, appetizer, anti-dyspeptic, liver stimulant and anthelmintic properties. The leaves of the plant are used to flavor curries in Indian cooking.
Dosage: One teaspoonful, twice in a day with plain water after meals.
2. Arjuna capsules
- The anti-oxidants found in the bark provide strength to the heart muscles and prevent fatigue.
- The flavonoids, leteilin, arjunone keep the heart strong.
- The Arjuna bark is rich in minerals like calcium, copper, magnesium and zinc that are necessary for the proper functioning of the heart.
- Research has proved Arjuna to be a good astringent and a great expectorant.
- It has been proved to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The herbs of Arjuna have been used since ancient times for its magnificent properties. It has special remedial action on the heart as it tones the cardiac muscle and thereby protects it. It does so by strengthening the cardiac muscles. People from the ancient times have been using this Ayurvedic herb in its raw form for health benefits. Heart troubles like ischemia, myocardial infarction can be protected by using Arjuna.
- Another wonderful action it has is over the cholesterol levels in the blood. The herbal product decreases the harmful LDL levels and maintains the HDL level in the blood. Co-enzyme Q-10 that is commonly prescribed for heart problems is actively found in herbal Arjuna.
- It helps to meet the energy requirements of the heart. In mature adults intake of Arjuna can supplement the naturally lowered Co-Q 10 levels. Arjuna takes care of blood pressure levels by strengthening and toning heart muscles thereby increasing the stamina and immunity of the heart.
Dosage: Two capsules, two times in a day after meals with plain water after meals.
3. Pitta balance
- Coral: It is an Ayurvedic compound known as Coral in English. Corals are found at sea bed and Praval Pishti is also known as “Red Coral”. This is rich in natural calcium and aids in digestion. It also enhances immunity and helps in balancing Vata and Pitta energies. It is cooling, soothing, strengthening, and nutritive in nature and helps to balance the Pitta dosha.
- Agate: Agate is a gem stone found from the seas. This is used globally for relieving various ailments. It is used as a cardiac tonic. Akik is used in Ayurvedic medicines for balancing Vata and Pitta elements. It is also useful in managing diseases related to Pitta element.
- Jawar Pishti: This is a very cooling natural compound containing calcium. It is useful in relieving heartburn and heart diseases. It is an effective compound to manage gastro enteritis and Pitta related ailments. It helps to balance Pitta element in the body.
- Kamdhudha Ras: This helps to maintain a healthy digestive system. It relieves hyperacidity and acidity. Burning sensation which is caused by imbalance in Pitta element can be relieved by using this herb.
- Pearl: This medicine is prepared from pearls. It is a natural cardiac tonic while helps to relieve gastritis and excessive burning sensation. It is wonderful for blood pressure and balancing Pitta dosha.
- Giloy: This herb helps to improve the health conditions of persons suffering from heartburn. It aids in building a strong immune system. It is wonderful herb to balance all 3 energy doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Dosage: One capsule, two times in a day after meals with plain water after meals.
4. Kutazghan Vati
This is also another wonderful herbal formulation of Planet Ayurveda and a completely safe product to use without any side effects. This herbal product is available in the form of tablets and prepared from the pure extract of herb, Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica). This herb helps to treat the chronic diarrhea associated with ulcerative colitis. Besides of this, it also helps to digest the ama (toxins) thus provides the relief in the rectal bleeding, inflammation of colon and abdominal cramps.
Dosage: 2 tablets, two times in a day after meals with plain water.
HOW CAN OUR ULCERATIVE COLITIS Care PACK HELPS YOU?
Ayurveda is nature’s gift to abundant health problems. Its natural herbs help relieve us of our health and medical conditions in a natural and healthy way. These herbs bring with them the inherent powers of nature to improve the immune system and help recover the body of all its ailments. The Ayurvedic principle works on the inherent powers of the herbs that have the ability to bring the three vital energies back into harmony. The restoration of balance of energies leads to proper functioning of the body system and the improvement in the working of the female reproductive system too.
Our Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack is a complete solution to all the types of problems related to inflammation and infections affecting our digestive system. Any environmental condition that prevents the colon to function normally is best helped by the natural herbs present in Ayurvedic system of medicine. It has the perfect mixture of the effective herbs described in Ayurveda as the best anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic herbs.
We at Planet Ayurveda offer you a wide range of herbal supplements that take care of your health and life. Our formulations are 100% herbal and prepared after passing through a series of effective and stringent tests that assure their quality. We put in our best efforts to bring to you the best of herbs in their purest form. Our products are prepared under completely hygienic environments and the pass quality check before they reach you.