It is an Ayurvedic powder made from the single herb. It is used for various health ailments. Its fruit is said to have healing powers.
Product Weight (gms) : 100 gm
Dosage : 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after the meals.
Ingredients of Udumbar Powder
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Part Used||QTY|
|1.||Udumbar||Ficus racemosa||Fruits||100 gm|
What is Udumbar?
Udumbar, also known as cluster fig is used in Ayurveda since times of Vedas in spiritual practices. It is popularly known as Indian fig tree, cluster fig tree or gular fig. It is usually found in Australia, Malaysia, and Indo-china and in the Indian subcontinent. Unusually its fig grows close to the trunk. In north India, it is known as gular and in south India, it is known as atti.
What are its names in different languages?
- English – Cluster fig tree
- Hindi – Gular
- Konkani name – Rhumbud
- Kannada – Atti Mara
- Telugu – Attimaram
- Tamil – Atti
- Urdu – Dumar
- Bengali – Udumbara
- Gujarati – Udambaro
- Arabic – Jamiza
- Kumaon – Gular
- Merwara – Umbri
- Nepalese – Dumri
- Phillipines – Aymit
- Punjabi – Dadhuri, Bather, Kakammal, Kumal, Kathgular, and Rumbal.
- Oriya – Dumoro, Dimiri, Udumburo
- Sanskrit – Udumbara.
- Bombay – Umbar
- Synonyms – Covelli Aglomerata, Ficus glomerata, Ficus vesca and Ficus semicostata.
What are its chemical constituents?
Stigmasterol, Amyrin acetate, Lupeol acetate, Friedelin, and Phytosterols.
What are its physical constituents?
- Water – Soluble extractive and alcohol soluble extractive.
- The Udumbar powder has various uses and properties. Now we will be learning about this powder in detail.
What is udumbar’s pharmacological action?
It acts as hypotensive, cardiac depressant, antiprotozoal, anti-inflammatory, hypoglycemic, anti-diarrheal and hepato-protective.
What is udumbar’s effect on tri-dosha?
Umdumbar balances doshas, it increases Kapha and balances pitta.
Which parts of udumbar are used?
Bark (twak), latex (ksheera), roots (moola), arial roots (praroha) and fruit (phala).
What are its Ayurvedic properties of Udumbar powder?
- Guna (quality) – Guru, Ruksha
- Rasa (taste) – kashaya
- Vipaka (metabolism) – Katu
- Virya (potency) – Sheet
- Prabhav (impact) – Mutra-sangrihniya.
What are udumbar powder’s therapeutic uses?
- It is used in the treatment of diarrhea.
- Its bark acts as an astringent. It is used in the treatment of hematuria, and menorrhagia.
- It has antioxidant properties and hence helps to detoxify the body.
- Udumbar powder is an effective remedy for mumps and another inflammatory glandular enlargement.
- Udumbar powder is used in the treatment of gonorrhea.
- For the treatment of tonsillitis, this powder can be used.
- It acts as a blood purifier.
- Udumbar Churna is used to treat abdominal disorders.
- It has a coolant action.
- This Churna relieves pain as it has an analgesic action.
- It treats hemorrhoids.
- This powder helps to treat diabetes as itshas a hypoglycemic effect.
- It has antimicrobial effects.
- Udumbar powder has an anti-pyretic action, relieves fever.
- It helps in wound healing.
- This powder is an anti-oxidant.
- Udumbar powder is used to treat bilious infections.
- It helps to relieve constipation.
- Udumbar powder is used for treatment of asthma and piles.
- Udumbar powder treats leucorrhea.
- It is used to treat stomachache.
- This powder helps to treat heatstroke.
- It is used to treat voracious appetite.
- Udumbar powder alleviate kapha and pitta.
What precautions should be taken?
- Do not take if one has a cold, cough and allergic reaction to it.
- It can be safely used in pregnancy.
- It should be taken according to physician’s advice.
What are the advantages of having Udumbar Powder from Planet Ayurveda?
Planet Ayurveda manufactures this powder under strict ayurvedic principles. Several reasons which make it superior to other similar products are:-
- This powder is 100% ayurvedic.
- It is purely vegetarian powder.
- Udumbar powder do not contain any chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers.
- Its testing is not done on animals.
- This powder is available at Planet Ayurveda at a reasonable price with the best quality.
- Only pure Ayurvedic herbs of the best quality are used.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this powder.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.