EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY MANAGEMENT
|1||Heartburn||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|2||Digestion Support||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Amalaki Rasayan||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|4||Mahashankh Vati||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
What do you mean by Acidity?
Acidity: Normally stomach produces gastric juices (Pepsin and hydrochloric acid) for normal functioning of the digestive system. Excessive production of these gastric juices will lead to a condition called acidity. It is also called GERD (Gastro esophageal reflux disease).
According to Ayurveda, it is known as “Amlapitta”. It consists of two words Amla+Pitta. Amla means sour and Pitta means dosha. This disease occurs due to the aggravation of pitta dosha.
What are the causes of the Acidity?
- Intake of spicy, salty, sour and non-vegetarian food.
- Smoking and alcohol.
- Medication like non-steroidal and non-inflammatory drugs.
- Insufficient sleep during the night.
- Sleeping immediately after lunch and dinner.
All these factors increase the pitta dosha in the body, hence lead to Amlapitta (Acidity).
What are the Symptoms of Acidity?
- Burning sensation in the stomach.
- Burning in the throat.
According to Ayurveda three essential symptoms of Amlapitta (Acidity) are:
- Angimandya (Weakening of digestive fire).
- Heart and Chest burn (retrosternal burning).
How to Diagnose Chronic Acidity?
Diagnosis of chronic acidity can be done by following test:
- Barium swallow radiography.
- Esophageal manometry.
What are the risk factors for Acidity?
- Fasting (Stomach empty for long time).
- Dry mouth.
- Hiatus Hernia.
What are the complications of the acidity?
Damage to the Esophagus
The Increased level of stomach acid irritates the lining of the esophagus, hence it causes inflammation of the esophagus and this condition is called esophagitis. Other complications of esophagus are esophageal ulcers, esophageal stricture, and Barrett’s esophagus.
Increased Risk of Esophageal Cancer
Barrett’s esophagus can also lead to esophageal cancer. Risk increases more likely, when there is a family history.
Tooth decay can also be the complication of Acidity.
What Treatment Planet Ayurveda Provides for Acidity?
Planet Ayurveda provides Acidity Care Pack for Acidity. These all products are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch, color and yeast. They all 100% herbal formulations.
This Pack consists of the following:
1. HEARTBURN CAPSULES
It is a natural combination for stubborn acidity and GERD. It consists of Parval Pishti (Coral) Compound, akik Pishti (Agate) Compound, Jahar mohra pishti (Compound), Kamdhudha Ras (Compound), Mukta Pishti (Pearl) Compound and Giloy (Tinospora Cordifloia).
Due to the presence of compounds like Pearl and Corals, they provide the cooling effects. Heartburn Capsules neutralize the acid within few minutes. It also helps in rejuvenating the body. It is a natural stabilizer that helps to control the excessive pitta secretion in the body. It helps to build up the strong immune-system. It acts as an anti-pyretic, anti-inflammatory and excellent blood purifier. Heartburn Capsule is a natural, herbal and completely safe Ayurvedic formulation.
Dosage: 1 Capsule, twice daily, with warm water after meals.
2. DIGESTION SUPPORT
It is a purely an herbal formulation without any chemicals added in it. It is a blend of unique and effective herbs, which work best in improving entire digestive system. It consists of Amla (Emblica officanlis), Haritaki (Terminalis chebula), Bahera (Terminalis bellerica), Sounf (Foeniculum vulgare), Dhania (Coriander sativum), Pippali (Piper longum) and Jeerak (Cymium cuminum).
Ingredients and their Benefits
- Amla (Emblica officinalis): This herb helps to balance the aggravated piita dosha which provides the relief in dyspepsia.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): This herb is also one of the important ingredient of digestion support. It provides relief in heartburn.
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica): This herb is quite useful to improve the digestion process and also maintain the stomach pH.
- Sounf (Foeniculum vulgare): It helps to provide the relief in flatulence and gas.
- Jeerak (Cyminum cuminum):Use of this herb is quite good to provide the relief in the heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
- Pippali (Piper longum): It is one of most common spice used in the Indian kitchen which helps to supports the good health of digestive system.
- Dhania (Coriander sativum): Dhania is the also most common spice used in Indian kitchen and have the great medicinal importance in Ayurveda. It helps to pacify the aggravated pitta dosha and helps to provide relief in gastritis and stomach pain.
Dosage: 1 Capsule twice daily, with warm water after meals.
3. AMALAKI RASAYAN
It consists of pure extract of Amalaki (Emblica Officanlis), after a particular process to yield better results.
It is one of among the richest source of Vitamin C. It is also rich in Calicum, Iron, essential amino acids and many other vitamins and minerals. It is best herbal remedy for heart burn and even chronic acidity. Amalaki Rasayana acts as an anti-oxidant which helps to maintain the balance of pitta dosha in the body. Due to its sweet post digestive effects, amla beats aggravated pitta dosha and provides relief from acidity.
Dosage: 1 Capsule twice daily, with warm water after meals.
4. MAHASHANKH VATI
This is a classical herbal formulation used for digestive problems since centuries. This herbal remedy contains wonderful herbs and minerals such as chitraka (Plumbgo zeylanica), danti (Bailospermum montanum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Shankh bhasma (shell calx), sarjikshar (natural sodium carbonate), etc.
These tablets are used for various digestive disorders like hyperacidity, indigestion, abdominal pain, bloating, Achalsia cardia, etc. This remedy is a natural solution for gastric reflux. The herbs in this formulation have anti-inflammatory, haematinic, sedative, cholagogue, digestive, appetizer and carminative properties. It provides calming effect on the digestive system. The mineral like shankh bhasma and sajjikshar are the best in providing relief from hyperacidity. Apart from hyperacidity, this herbal remedy is the best formula for all the digestive problems.
Dosage:1 tablet twice a day 10 minutes before meals with warm water.
What are the Dietary recommendation for the Acidity?
- One should avoid spicy, fried and junk foods.
- One should take more fruits and vegetables like Pumpkin, bitter gourd, okra, all leafy vegetables.
- Avoid taking stress and anxiety.
- Have dinner before few hours prior to sleep.
- Avoid medication like non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- One should have small and regular meal.
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol.