- Ingredients Used: Sheesham
- Latin Name: Dalbergia sissoo
- Part used : Leaves
- Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after the meals.
- Product Weight (gms) : 100 gm
It is an Ayurvedic effective herb used in the treatment of intestinal parasites, vitiligo, obesity, fever, non-healing wounds, ulcers etc. In many countries, it is used as a toothbrush.
Names in different languages:
- English name: North Indian Rosewood, Indian Rosewood, Sissoo
- Hindi name: Sheesham, seesam
- Punjabi name: Sharai
- Tamil name: Kotta Karantai
- Marathi name: Shishav
- Bengali name: Shishu, Sitral
- Gujarati name: Seesam
- Kannada name: Biridi
- Manipuri name: Sisu, Sissu
- Kuntze, Amerinmnon sissoo
- Miscolobium Vogel
Medicinal Properties of Sheesham Churna
- Rasa (taste): Kashaya (astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (bitter)
- Guna (qualities): Laghu (easy to digest), Rooksha (Dryness)
- Veerya (Potency): Ushna (Hot Potency)
- Vipaka: Katu (undergoes pungent taste after digestion)
Health Benefits of Sheesham Churna
- It reduces the Kapha dosha
- Improves skin tone and complexion
- Helpful in worm infestation
- Helpful in itching, pruritis, and rhinitis
- It reduces the burning sensation, as in gastritis.
- Useful in urinary tract disorders
- Reduces the inflammation
- Useful in skin disorders such as leucoderma, vitiligo and blood disorders such as nasal bleeding
- Useful in menstrual disorders such as menorrhagia
- It is helpful in wounds and ulcers
- It is effective in Gonorrhea
- Helpful in treating diarrhea and dysentery
Medicinal Uses of Sheesham Churna
Indigestion of food mainly resulted in worm infestation. This churna helps in reducing the symptoms like nausea, regurgitation, vomiting, fever, abdominal pain and provides relief to the patient. This improves the immunity of the body.
Use of this churna helps in reducing the symptoms during menstruation and reduces the use of pain relievers during menstruation. Maintains the health of the patient.
This churna is very useful in many skin disorders like Vitiligo, leucoderma. This churna helps in correcting the body’s metabolism by improving the immunity of the body. It acts as Anti-inflammatory, helps in reducing the inflammation in diseases like leucoderma and provides relief to the patient. It also acts as antibacterial, used to treat and prevent infections.
Reduces High Blood Pressure
In Ayurveda, it is used an anti-hypertensive drug, that lowers the high blood pressure and helps in relieving spasms. This provides relief to the patient and seeks to prevent the complications of high blood pressure like myocardial infarction, stroke etc.
Prevents from Infections
Oxidation is a reaction that produces free radicals. This Churna acts as an anti-oxidant herb that damages the production of cells of organisms which protect the body from infections.
Diarrhea and Dysentery
This Churna is useful in diseases like Diarrhea and dysentery by providing relief in the symptoms like fatigue, general weakness.
Urinary Tract Infection
This churna influences the urinary bladder and reduces the symptoms like urgency, burning sensation during micturition by acting as an antibiotic. This provides relief to the patient.
This churna acts as an anti-inflammatory and reduces the inflammation to provide relief.
This churna acts as an acid blocker that reduces the amount of acid released in the digestive tract which relieves gastritis pain and encourages healing. It acts as an antacid by neutralizing existing stomach acid and provide rapid pain relief.
This churna acts as a pain reliever, muscle relaxants, and antidepressants. It helps in remedying the symptoms like pain, muscle spasm, and low back pain and provides relief.
It acts as an antibiotic that can cure the ulcers, by helps in reducing the amount of acid in the stomach and helps in strengthening the protective linings that come in direct contact with ulcers. It provides relief.
This churna acts as an anti-histamine to treat rhinitis. This works by stopping the body from making histamines. It also acts as a decongestant to relieve a stuffy nose and sinus pressure.
It acts as an anticonvulsant and reduces the symptoms like tightening sensation in chest, throat, and abdomen and provides relief.
This churna acts as an antibiotic for the treatment of gonorrhea. This reduces the symptoms like swelling or pain in the testicles, the urgency of urination etc and provides relief to the patient.
There are no side effects if consumed as per prescription. Care should be taken if it is consumed in the prescribed dosage.
The Advantage of Using Sheesham Churna as offered by Planet Ayurveda
There are several reasons that made this formulation superior from other products available in the market:
- It is 100% natural
- Prepared from the best natural herb
- No color added
- Testing of this medication is not done on animals
- Only organic products are used for better results
- Prepared by MD Ayurveda experts
Planet Ayurveda offers these products at a very reasonable and competitive price.