Suvarna Basant Malti Ras is a classic Ayurveda rasaoshadhi (herbo mineral preparation) in tablet form. It is a rasayana medicine. It is mainly indicated in chronic fevers and cough.
(Ref : Rasayogasagara)
- Swarna bhasma (incinerated form of gold) – 1 part
- Mukta bhasma (incinerated form of gold) – 2 parts
- Sudha hingula (purified cinnabar) – 2 parts
- Maricha (piper nigrum) – 3 parts
- Kharpara bhasma (incinerated form of calamine) – 3 parts
- Bhavana drava : nimbu swarasa (lemon juice) – quantity sufficient
QUANTITY PER BOTTLE
1 tablet – 2 times in a day, along with honey and pippali churna (piper nigrum).
In children dosage should be calculated in accordance to the weight. 2.5 mg per 1 kg of weight is the general measurement. But the maximum possible dosage in children is 65 mg twice daily.
In adults the possible dosage may vary from 65 mg to 250 mg. the maximum possible dosage in a day is 500 mg in divided doses. Also it should be only taken with a proper adjuvant.
- Rasa (Taste on Tongue) – Kashaya (Astringent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Varna (Color) – Rakta Varna (Blood Red Color)
- Guna (Properties) – Laghu (Light), Rooksha
- Veerya (Potency) – Seeta (Cold)
- Vipaka (Taste after Digestion) – Madhura (Sweet)
- Karma – Agni Deepanam (Enhancing the Digestive Fire), Balya (Health Promoter), Rasayana (Rejuvenator)
- Dosha Prabhava (Effect on Doshas) – Pacifies Vata and Kapha
- Vyadhi Prabhava (Effect on Disease) – Indicated in Jeerna Jwaram (Chronic Fever), Vishama Jwara (Intermittent Fever), Kasa (Cough)
Suvarna Basant Malti Ras contains a wide range of elements. Gold is the main component of Suvarna Basant Malti Ras. Medicinal properties of gold are made in use from the medieval period onwards. Gold is used for the purification of body, mind & spirit. It helps to reduce inflammation of joints like knee & elbow. Suvarna Basant Malti Ras also contains purified cinnabar. Cinnabar consists of mercury mainly & also has traces of zinc. This mainly helps in the treatment of Alzheimer, aphthous ulcers & anxiety. It can act as anti convulsant & can detoxify the body. Suvarna Basant Malti Ras is a coolant in nature.
- It may be considered as an antibiotic in Ayurveda.
- It is an immune booster and also can be used as an immune modulator.
- It has an excellent remedial effect on liver and spleen (cures their enlargement).
- It can fight against the infections of lymph nodes and lymphatic system.
- Uterine infections are best dealt with Suvarna Basant Malti Ras.
- It also has anti aging properties & is also considered as an aphrodisiac.
- It is also has rejuvenative property.
- Chronic fever: as already stated, it is regarded as an antibiotic and has fast action on fever. It is mainly used in low grade fevers. In fever, Suvarna Basant Malti Ras is used in combination with sitopaladi choorna and Praval pishti.
- Anemia: it is used in anemia that is mainly caused to blood loss. It can be due to heavy uterine bleeding or may be due to any other internal bleeding. Chemically Suvarna Basant Malti Ras include zinc as main element. Zinc has the power to enhance the production of red blood cells and also it helps in secretion of erythropoietin from kidneys. Suvarna malti ras used in combination with punarnava mandoora & amalaki choorna. This helps to have an enhanced action of Suvarna Basant Malti Ras.
- Tuberculosis: Suvarna Basant Malti Ras is an immune booster. This attribute helps the medicine to fight against the infections. It can be used along with Mukta pishti & Praval pishti.
- General weakness – it is used along with ginger, vacha & trikatu. It is best suited for the general weakness followed by a fever. It can be also taken along with Praval pishti.
- Goiter – Suvarna Basant Malti Ras has the power to normalize the functions of the thyroid gland.
- Phthisis – Suvarna Basant Malti Ras is taken in combination with abhraka bhasma, sitopaladi choorna & honey.
- Debility & fatigue – in fatigue, it is taken along with sitopaladi choorna, ashwagandha (withania somnifera) & honey.
- Diseases of lungs & airways – it is taken along with pippali choornam (piper longum) & honey.
- Other indications include: typhoid fever, splenomegaly & hepatomegaly, hepatitis A, B & C, malaria fever, productive cough, nervine weakness, uterine infections, cervicitis, chronic headache, heart diseases, common cold, bronchitis, chronic asthma etc.
- Gynecological disorders like leucorrhea, menorrhagia, irregular periods etc.
- General debility, physical & mental weakness
- Sexual weakness
- Anorexia & digestive weakness
- It is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
PREGNANCY & BREAST FEEDING
Suvarna Basant Malti Ras contains heavy metals. So it is not much advisable in pregnancy & breast feeding. But some physicians opine that, it can be used to treat the general weakness and debility during pregnancy. Also Suvarna Basant Malti Ras has the power to boost red blood cell production. This is a necessary during pregnancy and lactation. So Suvarna Basant Malti Ras can be recommended to pregnant ladies and breast feeding mothers in lower doses. It should be taken only under the strict supervision of an Ayurveda doctor.
CAUTION & SIDE EFFECTS
Suvarna Basant Malti Ras is mainly a mineral preparation. It should be taken cautiously with a prescription from a specialized Ayurveda doctor.
Specified dosage should be only taken. Over dosage with the medication may results in serious ill effects. Over doses of the medicine can cause hyper acidity.
It is not recommended to take Suvarna Basant Malti Ras for a longer duration.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.