Praval panchamrit ras is a classic Ayurveda mineral formulation. It is a very potent rasa oushadhi.
Panchamrit as the name indicates pancha + amrit. Pancha means five and amrit means elixir. Panchamrit ras contains 5 bhasma that can act as elixir of life. The 5 bhasmas are Praval bhasma, Mukta bhasma, shanka bhasma, sukti bhasma & karpadika bhasma. These bhasmas together act as elixir. They help in longevity. They are anti aging and have rejuvinative property. Most of the ingredients of Praval panchamrit are calcium compound and helps in calcium supplementation. Praval panchamrit is mainly used in the treatment of digestive diseases. Also it acts as rasayana.
Praval panchamrit – good for the stomach, better for the urinary tract & best for the liver.
(Ref: rasayoga sagara)
- Praval bhasma (incinerated form of coral) – 2 parts: it is primarily processed in rose water. It is used in the treatment of eye disorders, chronic respiratory diseases, pthisis, cold, cough, bleeding disorders such as bleeding hemorrhoids, nasal bleeding, menorrhagia, etc.
- Mukta bhasma (incinerated form of pearl) – 1 part: it is processed in rose water. It relieves abdominal colic, gastritis, urinary calculi, splenomegaly, useful in treating cardiac diseases. Mukta pishti has wide range of application in diseases and it is a natural calcium supplement.
- Shanka bhasma (incinerated form of conch shell) – 1 part: it is primarily purified by fomentation in dola yantra using jayanti swarasa (sesbania sesban). It is useful in the treatment of gastritis, acidity, abdominal colic, malabsorption syndrome, dyspepsia, vomiting, nausea, acne, etc.
- Mukta sukthi bhasma (incinerated form of pearl oyster shell) – 1 part: it is first purified by fomentation using jayanti swarasa (sesbania sesban) or nimbu swarasa (lemon juice). It is used in the treatment of peptic ulcer, vomiting, hyperacidity, dyspepsia, gastritis and abdominal colic.
- Kapardhika bhasma (incinerated form of cowry shell) – 1 part: it is primarily purified by fomentation in kulatha kashaya (horse gram – macrotyloma uniflorum) or any amla varga dravya. It is used in the treatment of digestive impairment, Malabsorption syndrome, Asthma, bronchitis, Fever, Tuberculosis, Chronic bronchial diseases, eye diseases, Oligospermia, etc.
- Arka dugdha (calotropis procera) – quantity sufficient: it is useful in skin diseases. Also useful in bloating and in the treatment of Ascites. Arka dugdha is the bhavana dravya. It acts as a catalyst in the preparation.
Pack size – Each bottle contains 60 Pills in it.
Dosage – 1 to 2 Pills with honey twice or thrice daily.
Praval panchamrit has the following properties:
- Coolant in action. Thus helps to relieve the burning and heat sensations of the body
- Relives thirst & burning sensation in chest
- Digestive stimulant & carminative
- Natural healer
- Anti bacterial action – extremely beneficial in treating bacterial infections of spleen
- Hepato tonic
- Cardiac tonic
- Decreases the symptoms of menopauses
- Decreases the ulcer index
- Provides relief from gastro esophageal reflux disease
- Activates the scavenging of free radicals
- Mood elevator. Used in mood swings
- Helps to enhance the semen production
- Helps in fast healing of fractures
- Bloating and burping
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ascites – accumulation of protein containing fluid in the abdomen is known as Ascites. If it is presented with portal hypertension, rapid weight gain, swollen ankles, reduced appetite and lethargy, Praval panchamrit is used.
- Liver disorders
- Splenic disorders like splenomegaly
- Cough and asthma
- Malabsorption syndrome – if it is presented with bloating and abdominal discomfort and also along with frequent diarrhea with sticky stools.
- Diarrhea – Praval panchamrit not only reduces the diarrheal symptoms but also supplements the lost electrolytes from the body.
- Antral gastritis
- Urinary tract disorders like urinary retention
- Urinary infections
- Renal calculi
- Also used in the treatment of wheat allergy
- Duodenal ulcers
- Menopausal syndromes including hot flashes and irritability
- Eye disorders
- Bone metabolic disorders – Praval panchamrit contains natural calcium. The calcium supplementation helps in bone growth.
- Oligospermia – if associated with burning sensation
- Viral infections in children
CAUTION & SIDE EFFECTS
- Praval panchamrit should be taken under the prescription of a skilled Ayurveda doctor.
- Self medication and over dosage with Praval panchamrit may be dangerous.
- Pregnant ladies and breast feeding mothers are better avoided from the intake of Praval panchamrit ras. If needed, consumption only under the supervision of an Ayurveda doctor.
- It should be taken in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration (preferably for one month).
- Severe abdominal pain may be seen in some patients on Praval panchamrit intake. If it is noted, consult with your doctor.
- If you experience nausea and vomiting on Praval panchamrit intake, consult with your doctor. If needed discontinue the dose.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store the medicine in cool dry place and air tight.