It is an ayurvedic ras aushadhi which means it has been made from the combination of the herbs and minerals. Due to the addition of the minerals it helps in increasing the potency of this formulation. It consists of precious metals such as swarna bhasma (Gold calx) which is a best rasayan i.e rejuvenating agent and helps in cell rejuvenation. With the addition of other ingredients it will be helpful in treating diseases such as emaciation, acidity and other wasting disorders as it helps in boosting the immunity.
Ingredients Used In Vasant Kusmakkar Ras
This formulation is made by using the following ingredients:
- Hataka bhasma (Swarna bhasma)
- Rajat bhasma (Silver calx)
- Vanga bhasma (Tin calx)
- Naga bhasma (Lead calx)
- Kanta loh bhasma (Iron oxide calx)
- Abhrak bhasma (Mica calx)
- Pravala bhasma (Coral calx)
- Mukta bhasma (Pearl calx)
- Cow milk
- Sugarcane juice (Saccharum officinarum)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Laksha (Laccifer lacca)
- Udeechya (Andropogon vetiveria)
- Kadali (Musa paradisiaca)
- Shatpatra (Nelumbium speciosum)
- Malti (Jasminum grandiflorum)
- Mrigamada (Musk)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Rasendra Sara Sangraha, rasayana vajikarana adhikara; 80-83 ]
Description Of The Ingredients
Medicinal properties of each ingredients are mentioned below:
- Swarna bhasma – It is unctuous, aphrodisiac, nourishing, improves intelligence, increases digestive fire, treats tuberculosis, treats all kinds of diseases, balances all the three doshas of the body. Resultant taste conversion after digestion is sweet. Improves anorexia, increases wellness of the person. It is a very good rejuvenating agent which has its effects on all over the body.
- Rajat bhasma – Silver calx is astringent and sour in taste, potency is cold and has a sweet taste conversion after digestion. It is a very effective scrapping effect, aphrodisiac effects. It is helpful in nourishing the brain and body of a person and increases the oaja of the body and helpful in improving the overall health of a person. It helps in eliminating the pitta dosha from the tissues of the body and balancing all the doshas from the body.
- Vanga bhasma – Vanga bhasma is bitter, sour, pungent, and astringent in taste also it has some salty taste in it. It is dry in nature, cold and light to digest with flowy properties. Potency of the vanga is hot. It is used in various conditions like helps in increasing the digestive fire, helps in eliminating the fat from the body and helps in tissue rejuvenation of the body. It is very useful in treating pitta disorders so helpful in treating the burning sensation of the body.
- Naga bhasma – It is helpful in balancing all the three doshas from the body, Purified lead is used for its making. It is very beneficial for the conditions such as skin diseases, cough, constipation, acidity, heartburn, UTI etc. Naga bhasma is bitter, pungent, salty and sweet in taste, hot in potency. It is light to digest and oily and unctuous in nature. It has a lekhniya property i.e. scrapping, and provides strength to the body.
- Kanta loh bhasma – It is the best medication for the treatment of liver diseases, cramps in the muscles, acts as a painkiller, helps in increasing digestion and absorption of the ingested food. It contains agents which reduces the oxidative stress in the body though helps in modulating the immune system and treats immune disorders.
- Abhrak bhasma – It is made from the purified mica calx which is helpful in balancing the vata, pitta and kapha dosha from the body. It has an astringent and sweet taste, smooth in quality with cold potency. Taste conversion after digestion is sweet, It also helps in calming the mind. It can be used for the treatment of digestive tract issues and has an effect on all over the body so can be used to treat many kinds of disorders.
- Praval bhasma – It has a sweet, sour and astringent taste. Praval is light to digest and has an unctuous or oily properties. Taste conversion after digestion is sweet and is coolant in nature so helps in balancing the pitta dosha from the body. It is helpful in treating the symptoms of acidity and burning sensation of the body. It is also a natural source of calcium so can be used in weakness of bones and joint disorders.
- Mukta bhasma – It is made from the pearl and is helpful in reducing the excessive burning or heat from the body, and also has a cooling effect on the body and digestive system. Helps in balancing the pitta and rakta dosha from the body so can be used in conditions like raktapitta, acidity, burning sensation etc. It has some amount of calcium in it so it is also used for people having low levels of calcium and bone disorders.
- Cow milk – Cow’s milk is used for making this formulation which is sweet, oily, heavy, coolant and strengthening in nature due to which it helps in calming the vata and pitta dosha. It is very beneficial in conditions like chest injuries, chronic fever, Internal bleedings and other ailments also.
- Sugarcane – Juice of sugarcane is used which is sweet in taste, It is heavy to digest and is slimy in nature. Sugarcane undergoes sweet taste conversion after digestion. Potency is cold and helps in balancing vitiated vata and pitta dosha. Stem is used for extracting its juice.
- Vasa – It has a bitter and astringent taste and is light to digest. Vasa is light to digest and also causes dryness in the body. It undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion with a cold potency. It is helpful in balancing the kapha and pitta dosha from the body. It is very useful in relieving the burning sensation and bleeding disorders. It is also very beneficial for respiratory tract disorders.
- Laksha – It is a secretion from the lac insect which is known as laksha. It is astringent in taste, cold in nature and is light to digest with unctuous properties. It is helpful in improving skin complexion. It is good for healing the fracture and fever due to the psychiatric disorders. It can also be used in the treatment of low bone density.
- Udeechya – It is coolant in nature, roots are used for making this formulation, it has a bitter and sweet taste, it is drying in nature and light to digest. Potency of khas is cool which helps in pacifying vata and pitta dosha. It is used in relieving burning sensation, body ache, and helps in improving complexion of the skin.
- Kadali – All the parts can be used for making this formulation. It has a sweet and astringent taste. Heavy to digest and is slimy in nature. Its vipaka (Taste conversion after digestion) is also sweet. It is also helpful in balancing the vitiated vata and pitta dosha and also increases kapha dosha.
- Shatpatra – It has an astringent, sweet and bitter taste with cold potency. It is also light to digest, unctuous and sticky in nature. It undergoes sweet taste conversion after digestion and helps in balancing the kapha and pitta dosha. It can be indicated in bleeding disorders, tiredness, bodyache and dizziness. Burning sensation and excessive thirst etc.
- Malti – It has a bitter and astringent taste, light in digestion and is also slimy in nature. Malti underges pungent taste conversion after digestion and has a hot potency. It is also helpful in reducing all the three doshas from the body, mainly kapha and pitta dosha.This herb can be used for the treatment of eye disorders, skin conditions, ulcers and piles.
- Mrigmada – Musk is bitter and pungent in taste and light to digest. It is also drying in nature and has a strong, piercing nature. It undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion and has a hot potency. It is helpful in reducing the kapha and vata dosha from the body. It increases the nervous strength, improves brain strength, has an anuloaman property i.e it is prokinetic
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for making this formulation:
- All the bhasmas are taken and mixed.
- This mixture is then titrated one by one with the juice of ikshu, vasa, laksha, udeechya and all the above-mentioned herbs.
It has the following medicinal properties:
- Nervine tonic
- Increases immunity
- Increases red blood cell production
- Increases strength of the body
- Has an anti-cancerous properties
- Anti-tuberculous properties
This formulation helps in balancing all the three doshas from the body.
It can be taken in the dose of 125 mg to 250mg per day.
This medicine has been classically indicated in the following disorders:
- Meha (Pre-diabetic symptoms)
- Vali-palita (Hair Fall with graying of hairs)
- Samritibhransha (Memory loss)
- Kshaya (Emaciation)
- Soma roga
It can be indicated in symptoms such as polydipsia, polyphagia and polyuria. It is also used in nervous weakness or mental weakness. It can also be used in infections of the body and provides strength in body weakness. It can be used in many psychological conditions including memory loss. It helps in increasing the immunity and also has an immunomodulatory action. It is also potent to treat cancerous conditions.
Overdose can cause gastritis and heavy metal poisoning. Always take this medicine after the prescription of an expert ayurvedic doctor.
This is an ayurvedic classical herbomineral medication which is an all rounder medication and can be given in chronic conditions. This medication is provided by the planet ayurveda which is a GMP certified company. It is free from any preservatives and minerals.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.