As iron is the major and very important metal found on the earth, it is widely used by humans for making many things. We can find so many things which are made from iron like it is used in making buildings, cars, cooking equipment etc. Even our bodies have a major amount of iron. Our blood is made up of iron, it contains almost 70% of the total iron content of the body. Without this metal our body will not be able to produce blood in the body which can lead to major complications. From the ancient times ayurvedacharyas knew the importance of iron that’s why they had found a way to administer the iron in a better and acceptable form. One such form of an lauh kalpana (Iron formulation) is tapyadi loh which is made up of processed iron and many other herbs to increase its benefits.
Ingredients Used in Tapyadi Loha
This formulation contains the following ingredients mentioned below:
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Sonth (Zingiber officinalis)
- Marich (Piper nigrum)
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Pippali Mool (Root of Piper longum)
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)
- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Shilajatu (Asphaltum)
- Swarna makshik bhasma (Purified and processed copper pyrite)
- Raupya bhasma (Silver calx)
- Loh bhasma (Iron calx)
- Mandur bhasma (Oxidized iron calx)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Ayurveda saar sangraha ]
Description Of The Ingredients
All the herbs of this formulation have specific medicinal properties which are mentioned below:
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – It has all the tastes except salty and also it is astringent dominant. Light to digest, has drying properties. Potency of haritaki is hot and it undergoes sweet taste conversion after digestion. It increases the digestive fire (Jathragni) as well as dhatu agni (Tissue fire) due to which it increases the tissues of the body. It is a very good rejuvenating herb and can be used for anti-aging. Has scraping properties due to which it will remove all the toxins due to its scraping effect. Also it is helpful in increasing the overall health of a person.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) – It is astringent in taste, drying in nature and is also light to digest. It has a sweet taste after digestion and a hot potency but is cold to touch. It helps in balancing the pitta and kapha dosha. It has therapeutic effects such as it helps in easing the motion, relieving cough and cold, it is also good for the eyes health. Bibhitaki helps in detoxifying the blood, lymph, muscles and fatty tissues of the body.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) – Its fruits also have all the tastes except the salty. It is the best rejuvenating agent with cold potency, light to digest and sweet taste conversion after digestion. It helps in balancing all the three doshas from the body. It can be referred to as a universal herb as it has effects in all the problems. Amalaki helps in increasing all the tissues of the body as it has a santarpan effect on the body.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) – Dried form of the ardarak is used for the formulation. It has mostly the same qualities as of the ardrak, fresh ginger is not able to help in anuloman of the kapha dosha but dry ginger will be helpful in anulomana of kapha dosha. It is hot in potency but is oily in nature so can be used for a longer period of time. It acts deep in the tissues which helps in relieving swelling, pain in joints, stiffness, rheumatoid arthritis etc.
- Pippali (Piper nigrum) – Fruits of the pippali are used for making tapyadi loh. It is pungent in taste, light to digest and has a strong and piercing nature. It has a sweet taste after digestion and helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha. Though it is pungent in taste, it does not increase the pitta dosha to a large extent. It can be used in conditions such as cough, cold, abdominal tumor and also helps in relieving chronic lung disorders.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) – It is pungent in taste, hot in potency and helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha from the body. It has a special property i.e it is yogavahi in nature due to which it increases the bioavailability of the other herbs with which it is added. It has effect on all the organs of the body, relieves inflammation, as it balances the vata dosha so it will be helpful in stimulating the nervous system and due to its drying effect it is helpful in reducing the mucous secretion from the respiratory tract.
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica) – It has pungent and bitter taste, is light to digest and is hot in potency. Potency of chitrak is excessively hot, causes dryness and has a piercing nature. It is a nervine stimulant and is very good carminative due to its pungent taste and hot potency. It helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha. It helps in curing malabsorption syndrome. As it is a digestive stimulant it helps in treating hepatomegaly and splenomegaly.
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – It is pungent and astringent in taste, light to digest, dry in nature with strong or piercing in nature. Potency of vidanga is hot and undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion. It has a special effect i.e. krumihara (Relieves worm infestation or microbial infections). Due to its hot potency it helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha from the body. Ir relieves constipation, relieves indigestion and weak digestion.
- Pippali Mool (Root of Piper longum) – It has a pungent taste, light to digest and drying in nature. It has a pungent taste conversion after digestion and is hot in potency. Roots of the pippali are known as pippali mool. It is helpful in breaking down the kapha in conditions where there is thick sputum like sinusitis and asthma. It helps in improving digestion so relieves ama dosha. It is useful for treating vata disorders due to its hot potency.
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) – Devdaru has a bitter, pungent and astringent taste with drying properties. It is also light to digest and undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion. Potency of devdaru is hot so it helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha. According to sushruta it can be used in the treatment of dushta vrana (Infected wounds), krumihara (Treat Worm infestation), skin diseases, respiratory disorders etc. It relieves fever and inflammation from the body.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata) – It has a bitter and astringent taste, Is light to digest, drying in nature with the pungent taste conversion after digestion. Potency of daruharidra is hot so it helps in balancing the kapha and pitta dosha. It helps quick wound healing, managing diabetes, acts as an anti-inflammatory and is antitoxic in nature. Acharya Charaka has kept it in groups such as arshoghana (Treats piles), kandu ghana (Relieves itching), lekhaniya (Has scrapping properties) etc.
- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – It has a pungent, bitter and sweet taste. Light in digestion causes dryness also piercing and strong in nature. Potency of twak is hot and has a pungent and taste conversion after digestion. It helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha while increasing the pitta dosha. According to some research it helps in reducing the blood sugar levels and cholesterol from the body.
- Chavya (Piper chaba) – It is also known as gajpippali, Acharya charaka has classified this herb in subgroup such as trupti ghana (Satiation relieving herbs), arshoghna (Herbs relieving piles), deepniya (Carminative), shoola prashmana (Herbs relieving abdominal cloicky pain). It is light to digest and drying in nature with a pungent taste and its vipaka is also pungent i.e. it undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion. It helps in relieving anorexia and treating disorders originating from the vata dosha.
- Shilajit (Asphaltum) – It has a yogavahi property due to which it increases the potency and bioavailability of any herb with which it is given. It has a pungent and bitter taste with a characteristic smell like cow’s urine. It is the best rasayan (Rejuvenating agent) in the ayurveda. It acts as a catalyst for all the other medicines. It helps in promoting life expectancy, brings good fortune, improves memory and intelligence.
- Swarn makshik bhasma (Purified and processed copper pyrite) – It consists of copper and iron which is essential for many biological functions of the body. It is sweet, bitter and astringent in taste, Light in digestion and cold in potency. Its resultant taste is sweet and helps in pacifying all the three doshas of the body. It has rasayanic and aphrodisiac effects. It acts on rasa dhatu, rakta dhatu and majja dhatu. It is helpful in treating conditions such as anemia, insomnia, depression, gastritis, ulcerative colitis, leucorrhea etc.
- Raupya bhasma (Silver calx) – It has a cold potency with sweet, sour and astringent taste, it is smooth in quality, provides strength to the body and helps in lekhana karma (Scraping action), Resultant taste conversion after digestion is sweet and helps in calming the mind. It is a rasayan so acts as a rejuvenating agent, it increases all the tissues of the body so it also acts as an aphrodisiac in nature. It is also used for many psychological issues and calms down the mind.
- Loh bhasma (Iron calx) – It is the main content of this formulation, it has a bitter, sweet and astringent taste cold in potency. Flowy in nature and heavy to digest. It has a scraping property, increases strength, also increases sperm count and sperm quality. It also acts as a catalyst, increasing blood cells. It is also said that there is no better rasayan (Rejuvenating agent). It helps in pacifying all the three doshas of the body.
- Mandura bhasma (Oxidized iron calx) – It helps in balancing the vata, pitta and kapha dosha but has a special effect to balance the pitta dosha. Mandoor bhasma can be used to treat conditions such as anemia, jaundice, anorexia and certain inflammatory conditions. It is also a compound of iron i.e. iron oxide. It helps in improving strength and immunity and also acts as a natural aphrodisiac.
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for making this formulation:
- All the ingredients are grinded to form a fine powder and sieved out.
- This powder is than mixed and rolled into pills of 3 ratti.
It has the following medicinal properties mentioned below:
- It helps in increasing digestive fire
- It helps in increasing blood cells count
- It helps in increasing Hemoglobin level
- It acts as an rejuvenating agent
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory
- It has a hepatoprotective action
- It helps in regulating the menstrual cycle
- It increases the body strength
It helps in balancing the vata, pitta and kapha dosha
It can be taken in the dose of 1-2 tablets once or twice a day or as directed by an expert ayurvedic physician.
- Package type: Tablets.
- Package quantity: 120 tablets in each bottle.
According to ayurveda saar sangraha it can be indicated in the following disorders:
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Kamla (Jaundice)
- Disorders related to spleen and liver
- Low hb levels
- Disorders related to the menses
This medicine is indicated in disorders like anemia as it contains iron in it due to which it increases the Hb level of it. It is also used for the treatment of liver problems such as hepatomegaly, liver cirrhosis, ascites etc. It can also be used to treat disorders related to spleen. As it increases the RBC and also has many herbs which are responsible for balancing the pitta dosha so it will help in regulating the menstrual irregularities and treat conditions such as amenorrhea, scanty flow etc. Due to its hepatoprotective action it is helpful in treating jaundice. It is also great for the treatment of dhanurvat (Tetanus) in children. It can also be used to manage the symptoms related to prameha (Diabetes).
- This medicine does not have any side effects if taken under an expert ayurvedic doctor.
- It should only be taken under the prescription of an ayurvedic doctor.
- It should be avoided by pregnant and lactating women.
This is a classical ayurvedic loh preparation. It contains many other ingredients as well which increases the potency of this medicine. This medicine is helpful in many conditions due to different ingredients in it. Iron will also act as a catalyst for the other herbs in it. Planet ayurveda provides this medicine which is made by the expert ayurvedists. All the medicines have been passed through a quality check which makes it the best to take if you are suffering from the above mentioned conditions.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.