Inflammation is the first sign of any disturbance in the body. In ayurveda inflammation is termed as shotha. This inflammation can be seen anywhere in the body where there is any injury or infection in the body. There is an ayurvedic classical medication which is used for the treatment of the inflammation in any part of the body known as shothari loha. It is also good for relieving the pain and as it contains loha (Iron calx) so it will be helpful in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia.
Ingredients Used in Shothari Loha
It contains the following ingredients which are mentioned below:
- Loh bhasma (Iron calx)
- Pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Ginger (Zingerber officinale)
- Kshara of barley (Hordeum vulgare)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Bhaisajya ratnavali shotharoga adhikara 42/133 ]
Description Of The Ingredients
All the ingredients in this formulation have a special effect on the body and which leads to the combined effect of all the herbs, following are the medicinal properties of the ingredients:
- Loh Bhasama: Purified and processed iron is known as loh bhasma, It has properties like lowers bilirubin, burns fat, increases hemoglobin levels as it increases the formation of RBC, it also acts as a digestive stimulant. It can be used in conditions such as Iron deficiency anemia, General debility, Liver enlargement, weakness due to bleeding disorders etc.
- Pepper: Seeds of the pepper are used for the formulation which has a pungent taste and helps in balancing the kapha and vata dosha. It is na ati ushna i.e. it is not very hot, Improves taste, has a scraping effect on the body and is one of the pramathi herbs which means it will scrape out all the doshas from the intestines. Due to the chedana (Piercing) effect of the pepper it has a drying effect on the body.
- Long Pepper: It has a pungent taste, with strong, piercing nature. It undergoes sweet-taste conversion after digestion and has a hot potency. Long pepper helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha. It helps in relieving shotha (Inflammation), Relieves chronic lung disorders and has expectorant properties. It is also used in indigestion as it relieves ama dosha (Toxins) from the body.
- Ginger: Wet rhizomes are used for the making of this formulation. It is pungent in taste, heavy to digest, causes dryness in the body and is strong and piercing in nature. Resultant taste conversion after digestion is sweet and the potency is hot due to which it helps in balancing the kapha dosha. It can be used for the treatment of chronic cough and cold as it acts as an expectorant, it is shophahara i.e. it relieves swelling, oedema and also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Kashara or barley: It is astringent and sweet in taste with the resultant taste conversion after digestion is pungent. It is heavy in digestion and also has a scraping effect on the body. It helps in increasing the intestinal movement. It helps in treating diseases related to the throat, eliminating kapha and pitta dosha from the body.
It has the following medicinal properties which are mentioned below:
- Increases blood production
- Increases Hb production
- Strengthens bones
- Product form: Tablets
- Package type: Bottle
- Package quantity: 20 tablets
It helps in eliminating and balancing all the doshas from the body.
- It can be taken in the dose of 125- 250 mg once or twice a day.
- It is traditionally indicated with the triphala decoction.
It is classically indicated in shotha roga (Inflammation).
It should be indicated in the inflammation of any type in the body such as bronchitis, Inflammatory bowel syndrome, can be used in joint inflammation like ankle pain, ankle witch, slipped disc, sprain etc. Can be used in the inflammation of the injuries and coccyx pain. Partially it can be used in conditions such as avascular necrosis, sensory-neural hearing loss, hypothyroidism and the pain related to the systemic lupus erythematosus.
It does not have any side effects
It is an ayurvedic classical medicine which has been indicated for inflammatory conditions. It is easily available from Planet Ayurveda and made from all the pure and authentic ingredients. It is is made by the ayurvedic experts doctors all the medicines are pure and free from chemical and preservatives.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.