There are three doshas in the body (Vaat, pitta, kapha) and the dosha which is the most important for the body is vata dosha and if this dosha gets aggravated in the body it will be responsible for various kind of diseases as mentioned in ayurveda. Vata dosha is responsible for causing more than 80 diseases of the body which is more than any dosha. It can produce symptoms such as cracking of the nails and skin, dryness of the body, Pain in the body, digestive issues, neurological issues etc. If there is mention of these diseases then there are also many medicines and procedures which can be used for the treatment of diseases caused due to the vata dosha.
Ingredients Used In Rasraj Ras
Following ingredients are used for making Rasraj ras
- Parada (purified mercury)
- Abhraka (Purified Silica)
- Swarna (Calx of gold)
- Loha bhasma (Calx of iron)
- Rajat bhasma (Calx of silver)
- Vanga (Calx of tin)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Jatikosh (Myristica fragrans)
- Ksheera Kakoli (Lilium polyphyllum)
- Kakmachi rasa (Extract of solanum nigrum)
- Aloevera (Aloe barbadensis)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Siddha Yoga Sangraha ]
Description of Used Ingredients in Haritaki Ghan Vati
Each herb and mineral has a different medicinal properties which we will be discussing below:
- Shuddha parada – Parada is known as the rasendra raj which means it the the king of the minerals as it can form compound with every other mineral and herbs also it will acts as a yogavahi which increases the effects of other minerals and herbs. It has all the shadrasa (6 tastes) in it and having hot potency with unctuous, flowy and heavy to digest properties. Parad is helpful in balancing all the three doshas of the body. It is known as the mahavrishya means it is best known as aphrodisiac, rasayan due to its rejuvenating properties.
- Abhrak – Purified and processed mica is used for making this formulation, It acts as an antacid, antidepressant, cardio-tonic, Powerful cell rejuvenator, Nervine stimulant etc. It has an astringent and sweet taste with a smooth texture. Potency of abhrak is cool and the resultant taste conversion after digestion is sweet and has a special effect on the brain and calms it down.
- Gold calx – Purified gold is used for making this formulation, It acts as an antitoxin, immunomodulatory, and has antimicrobial or antiviral effects. Taste of the gold calx is sweet and astringent, also it is light to digest, unctuous or smooth in nature. Potency of the gold is cold with a sweet taste after digestion. It is the best Immunomodulatory medicine and helps in balancing all the three doshas of the body with the rejuvenating effect on the body.
- Loh bhasma – Iron calx is made from the purified and processed iron, It is bitter, sweet and astringent in taste. Cold in potency and flowy in nature with drying in nature. It has a scraping, strengthening, and increases intelligence. It will be helpful in treating iron deficiency conditions, it is a digestive stimulant, hematogenic and can be used in general debility, liver and spleen enlargement,Hiatus hernia etc.
- Rajat bhasma – Silver calx is astringent and sour in taste, potency is cold and has a sweet taste conversion after digestion. It is a very effective scrapping effect, aphrodisiac effects. It is helpful in nourishing the brain and body of a person and increases the oaja of the body and helpful in improving the overall health of a person. It helps in eliminating the pitta dosha from the tissues of the body and balancing all the doshas from the body.
- Vanga bhasma – This is the mineral which is very beneficial for the diseases related to the reproductive system of both male and female. It has a bitter taste. Light to digest, hot in potency with flowy or mobile nature, and drying properties. It has an aphrodisiac nature and helps in pacifying the kapha dosha from the body. It can be used in Urinary disorders, menstrual disorders etc.
- Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is bitter, pungent and sweet in taste, light to digest with unctuous or oily properties. Roots of the ashwagandha are used for this formulation. It is balya (Strengthening), sleep producing, brihaniya (nourishing), its name means it makes a person strong and energetic like a horse, it is light and snigdha (smooth), and it has sweet, astringent, and bitter taste. This herb is the best kapha and vata pacifying but does not increase pitta dosha.
- Lavanga – Cloves of lavang are used in this formulation. It is helpful in relieving excessive thirst, bleeding disorders, excessive thirst, chronic respiratory disorders like asthma, COPD, wheezing, breathing difficulty etc. It has a bitter and pungent taste which is light to digest and is unctuous in nature. Taste conversion after digestion is pungent with cold potency. Laung is helpful in balancing the kapha and pitta dosha from the body.
- Jatikosh – Flowers of this plant are known as jatikosh which are used in lowering the blood sugar, acts as a cardiac tonic so helps in improving the heart metabolism. It acts as a natural detoxifier and can be used for relieving headache, convulsions, epilepsy etc. It is also known to relieve depression and boosts immunity.
- Ksheer kakoli – It is sweet in taste with cold in potency. Increases the sperm count and is aphrodisiac in nature and helps in cleansing the urinary tract problems. It is stanyakara (Helpful in increasing the breast milk production) and can be used for bleeding disorders, cardiac disorders, asthma, emaciation or the burning sensation of the body. Due to its sweet taste and heavy properties it will be very helpful in treating the disorders associated with the vata dosha.
- Kakmachi – It is bitter in taste, light to digest and slimy in nature. Potency of the kakamachi is not so hot and the resultant taste conversion after digestion is pungent. It helps in reducing all the three doshas from the body. It has rasayanic properties so helps in causing cell rejuvenation, acts as a cardiac tonic and improves voice and quality of speech.
- Aloe Vera – It is bitter in taste, heavy to digest with oily or unctuous in nature. It undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion and is cold in potency so helpful in balancing all the three doshas of the body. It has a special effect on the body i.e. it has a piercing effect on the body. It is the best herb for females as it helps in treating menstrual disorders, skin disorders, and has an aphrodisiac nature.
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for the preparation of rasraj ras
- Fine powders of parada, abhrak bhasma, swarna bhasma, swarna bhasma, loh bhasma. Rajat bhasma, vanga bhasma, are taken and these are gounded with the aloe vera juice for 12 hours
- Than vajigandha, lavang, jatikosha, ksheera kakoli and the above made mixture is titured with the juice of kakamachi rasa
- Tablets are made from this mixture
It has the following medicinal properties which are mentioned below;
- It acts as psychostimulant
- Acts as vata pacifying medicine
- Rejuvenating properties
1-2 tablets twice daily to be chewed with plain water after meals.
- Product form: Tablets
- Package type: Bottle
- Package quantity: 10 tablets
It helps in pacifying the vata dosha from the body.
Classically it has been indicated in the following medicine;
- Pakshaghata (Hemiplegia)
- Ardita (Facial paralysis)
- Hanustambha (Lock jaw)
- Apantrak (Hysteria)
- Dhanustambha (Tetanus)
- Amavata (Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Gridhrasi (Sciatica)
- Badhirta (Deafness)
- Vata disorders
This medicine can be used for several muscular weakness or neuromuscular disorders such as paralysis of the different parts of the body. It is also good for treating the disorders originating due to vata dosha such as Rheumatoid arthritis, muscle and joint pains, dislocation of the shoulder, seizures or epileptic shock as it helps in strengthening the nerves. It can treat multiple sclerosis of the nerves and every type of headache. It is used for treating psychological disorders such as schizophrenia, anxiety, depression etc.
It should only be taken after the guidance of an expert ayurvedic doctor. It should be avoided in pregnant and lactating women also in children. Due overdose side effects like tremors or dizziness can occur.
As this medicine can be used in psychological disorders it is a very best alternative for the sedatives and it also does not have any side effects on the body. It is a really good and potent medication as it contains many mineral based ingredients. Planet ayurveda provides this medicine which is made by the pure ayurvedic herbs and authentic procedure. Planet ayurveda is a renowned and GMP certified company and all the medicines are lab tested.
There are no reviews yet.