|1||Bandhanghan Vati||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|2||Pitta Shamak – 2||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Shonit Stambhak Vati||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|4||Vatsakadi Churna||3 Bottles (100gm Each)|
|5||Diarho Plan Syrup||3 Bottle (200ml Each)|
|6||Aegle Plan Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
Gut health is considered as the balance and function of bacteria in almost all the parts of GI Tract (gastrointestinal tract). Preferably the organs of GI Tract such as esophagus (food pipe), stomach and intestines all together work to permit us to eat and digest the food items without causing any discomfort. But if someone is suffering from any of the digestion related diseases then this GI system does not work the same for them. Gut health is mentioned as psychological function and physical state of almost all the parts of GI Tract. Why is our gut health important? All the food we eat is to be broken down in the gut and converted into a simple form that may easily enter into the bloodstream which delivers all the essential nutrients to our body. All this is only possible if our gut system is healthy, so it is important to maintain gut health. A lot of people suffer from many digestive diseases among which one of the diseases is Pancolitis about which we are going to discuss in this article along with its Ayurvedic management. So let’s have a look!!!
Pancolitis is one of the diseases associated with Ulcerative Colitis in which there is inflammation of the entire colon. It can be caused by infections like C.difficile and may be associated with any inflammatory disorders such as Rheumatoid Arthritis. Ulcerative Colitis is a disease which affects the lining of the colon or the large intestine. Firstly inflammation occurs which further leads to ulcers and ;later on spreads all over the colon. It causes symptoms that may lead to pain and discomfort. The more part of the colon affected the worse the symptoms of the patient. In pancolitis there is the involvement of the whole colon thus it is the severe type of ulcerative colitis. Further we will discuss all about Pancolitis in detail.
SOME FACTS ABOUT PANCOLITIS
Following are some facts to know about Pancolitis:
- Among all the cases of Ulcerative colitis 20% of the cases will have pancolitis.
- Per 100,000 persons/year, 9 to 20 cases is of Pancolitis.
- As compared to crohn’s disease it has more prevalence in adults.
- Incidence is more in people of central and eastern european.
- It occurs less in asians, americans and native americans.
CAUSES OF PANCOLITIS
- This condition is considered as idiopathic but may be caused by the gene mutation. There is one other view that the genes that are responsible for Crohn’s disease may cause ulcerative colitis.
- One research is done by Crohn’s and Colitis foundation of America that shows how genes while interacting with bacteria cause this disease.
- Also one another theory says the body’s own immune system started targeting the intestinal cells instead of targeting the harmful bacteria that leads to infections in the intestines. The immune system may cause inflammation and start damaging the intestines and in case of pancolitis the same will happen with the whole colon which further leads to ulceration.
- The next thing is about the role of the environment leading to pancolitis.
- Certain drugs like NSAIDS and antibiotics may cause this condition.
- A high fat diet is also one of the causes of Pancolitis.
- Stress and anxiety may cause this condition and once this condition comes into play then both these factors may act like a trigger.
SYMPTOMS OF PANCOLITIS
The following mild to moderate symptoms may be experienced by a pancolitis patient of Pancolitis:
1. Mild Symptoms
- Feeling tired all the time
- Weight loss
- Cramps and pain in stomach
- Urge to defecate
- Unable to control the stools
2. Moderate Symptoms
- Pain in rectal region
- Bleeding from rectum
- Bloody diarrhea
- Unexplained fever
- Diarrhea with pus
DIAGNOSIS OF PANCOLITIS
First of all, a physical examination is to be done to analyze the overall health. Then a stool sample is taken to rule out inflammation and blood in the stools. Then a blood sample is taken to examine any kind of viral or bacterial infections. The last diagnostic technique used to clear the diagnosis is colonoscopy. So if any person diagnosed with it immediately approaches for a treatment. Now let’s make the treatment part more easy and safe with Ayurveda. Firstly discuss what is the correlation of pancolitis in Ayurveda then we will discuss with its Ayurvedic management. So let’s have a look.
AYURVEDIC VIEW OF PANCOLITIS
As we read earlier Pancolitis is a type of Ulcerative Colitis so the correlation in Ayurveda will be the same. This is a disease of Purisha Vaha Srotas and can be correlated to pittatisara and raktatisara. First of all the pitta dosha gets vitiated and leads to inflammation of the intestines. Rakta is the residence of pitta in intestines so it must be vitiated by pitta which further leads to bloody diarrhea. After the vitiation of pitta dosha only diarrhea is there but if at this stage there is no treatment provided it further causes vitiation of blood which further leads to bloody diarrhea. So basically in the line of treatment there is a need of management with the help of which both rakta and pitta dosha can be alleviated. In the below study here is a management by Planet Ayurveda on the basis of this line of treatment, let’s take a review!!!
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR PANCOLITIS
Planet Ayurveda is a ISO and GMP certified Holistic Ayurvedic Clinic which has been working since many years for preventive and promotive purposes. They formulates their own herbo-mineral remedies with pure herbs and minerals. All these are free from any kind of preservatives and synthetic materials. The formulations are prepared under the strict observance of M.D. Ayurveda practitioners. All the preparations are 100% pure and vegetarian, so can be consumed by any person. Remedies prepared by Planet Ayurveda provide preventive purposes and also deal with almost all kinds of diseases. For managing Pancolitis Planet Ayurveda provides with their special Pancolitis Care Pack. let’s have a look on this pack in detail below:
PANCOLITIS CARE PACK
- BANDHANGHAN VATI
- PITTA SHAMAK – 2
- SHONIT STAMBHAK VATI
- VATSAKADI CHURNA
- DIARHO PLAN SYRUP
- AEGLE PLAN CAPSULES
1. BANDHANGHAN VATI
Bandhanghan vati is one of the tablet formulations by Planet Ayurveda. This remedy is a single herbal formulation consisting of Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica) as a main ingredient. It consists of properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-helminthic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, aphrodisiac and lithotripsy. These tablets are especially formulated for GI Tract disorders as kutaj has been used for this purpose since ancient times. This remedy is a miraculous formula for any disease related to atisaar (diarrhea). The astringent and cold properties of kutaj herb make these tablets effective in controlling the stool frequency. As in pancolitis the major sign is increased stool frequency thus these tablets are a best remedy to control stool frequency and alleviates the symptoms of Pancolitis.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. PITTA SHAMAK – 2
Pitta Shamak – 2 is one of the capsule formulations especially formulated by Planet Ayurveda to balance the aggravated pitta dosha. These herbal capsules consist of standardized extracts of herbs Pitta papda (Fumaria indica) and Patol (Trichosanthes dioica). Both these herbs are one of the best herbs for pacifying pitta dosha. Below we are going to discuss how these herbs make these capsules a best pitta shamak remedy.
Ingredients of Pitta Shamak – 2
- Pitta papda (Fumaria indica): Pitta papda (Fumaria indica) is also known with the name of Parpataka. It consists of properties such as tikta ras (bitter taste), sheeta veerya (cold potency) and kapha pitta shamaka (balances aggravated kapha and vata dosha). These properties in the management of Pancolitis mainly alleviates diarrhoea by providing miraculous pitta pacifying effects.
- Patol (Trichosanthes dioica): Patol (Trichosanthes dioica) helps in improving gastric health due to its various properties such as tikta and katu ras (bitter and pungent taste) with kapha pitta pacifying effects. It is helpful in relieving symptoms of pancolitis such as unexplained fever and burning sensation in the anal region.
3. SHONIT STAMBHAK VATI
Shonit Stambhak Vati by Planet Ayurveda is especially formulated for shonit stambhan (relieves bleeding). It consists of various ingredients such as Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea), Mochrasa (Bombax malabaricum), Shuddha Laksha (Laccifer lacca) and some others. Now let’s see how each ingredient of Shonit Stambhak Vati assists in shonit stambhak.
Ingredients of Shonit Stambhak Vati
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea): Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea) consists of properties such as astringent and bitter taste with dry, piercing and light to digest properties and hot potency. It is considered as shophahara (anti-inflammatory) and mainly useful in various bleeding disorders. The antiinflammatory properties by pacifying pitta and kapha dosha reduces inflammation. The styptic property (causes bleeding to stop) by pacifying the vitiated rakta dosha helps in stopping bleeding.
- Mochrasa (Bombax malabaricum): Mochrasa (Bombax malabaricum) is commonly known with the name of Shalmali. This herb consists of properties such as kashaya rasa (astringent taste) with cold potency. The main benefit of shalmali which makes this remedy effective for stopping bleeding is pittasranashana which means it alleviates pitta and asra (rakta). So both these properties by pacifying pitta and rakta disha helps in alleviating bleeding concern in Pancolitis.
- Shuddha Laksha (Laccifer lacca): Shuddha Laksha (Laccifer lacca) has kashaya ras (astringent taste) and hima (cold) properties which makes it pitta shamaka and rakta stambhak. The astringent properties of Shuddha laksha helps in constriction of bleeding ulcers thus stops bleeding. The coolant property provides pitta pacifying effect which helps in alleviating pitta dosha- the main cause behind Pancolitis.
- Kaharva Pishti (Ayurvedic Calcium Compound): Kaharva Pishti (Ayurvedic Calcium Compound) is an ayurvedic mineral remedy used mainly for bleeding purposes. This remedy consists of miraculous haemostatic properties thus alleviating bleeding. It is useful in diseases such as dysentery, bloody diarrhea, rectal bleeding, inflammatory conditions of the gut and heavy menstruation.
- Lajjalu (Mimosa pudica): Lajjalu (Mimosa pudica) consists of numerous properties such as antibacterial, vasoconstrictor, blood purifying and astringent. Blood purifying and astringent properties help in eliminating the vitiated rakta and pitta dosha. The antiinflammatory property reduces inflammation and the vasoconstrictor property directly controls the bleeding.
- Sheesham (Dalbergia sisso): Sheesham (Dalbergia sisso) is one of the best herbs of kshaya skandha (group of herbs with astringent properties). This herb is added to Shonit Stambhak Vati due to its indications in symptoms such as asra (bleeding), shopha (inflammation), vrana (ulcerations) and daha (burning sensation).
- Doorva (Cynodon dactylon): Doorva (Cynodon dactylon) acts like a blood purifier so in the case of Raktaj Atisara it eliminates the vitiate rakta dosha. If rakta dosha is in normal state then there is alleviation of bleeding as well. It also promotes coagulation, this benefit is one of the other properties of doorva which helps in stopping bleeding from the ulcers in Pancolitis.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. VATSAKADI CHURNA
Vatsakadi Churna is one of the polyherbal formulations by Planet Ayurveda available in powder form. It is basically formulated for relieving the symptoms in GI Tract diseases. This herbal powder consists of 2 ingredients, below let’s see what are the ingredients and how they are beneficial in case of Pancolitis.
Ingredients of Vatsakadi Churna
- Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica): Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica) consists of antimicrobial properties that assists in the management of conditions associated with diarrhoea. It consists of deepan (promotes digestive fire) and pachana (digestive) properties which helps in reducing the complaint of mucus.
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos): Bilva (Aegle marmelos) is one of the miraculous herbs that has been used since ancient times for various digestive disorders. By promoting bowel functioning it helps in healthy stool formation. The astringent property of Bilva helps in reducing excessive kapha in the intestines; this relieves mucus in case of Pancolitis.
Dosage: 1 tsp twice daily with plain water after meals.
5. DIARHO PLAN SYRUP
Diarho Plan Syrup is a formulation especially prepared by Planet Ayurveda for controlling diarrhea and associated conditions. It consists of ingredients such as bilva (Aegle marmelos), Dadima (Punica granatum), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare) and various others. Following are the properties of each ingredient due to which this syrup is effective in diarrhea and its associated conditions.
Ingredients of Diarho Plan Syrup
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos): Bilva (Aegle marmelos) herb by increasing the digestive fire helps in eliminating various digestive diseases associated with low digestive fire. Its property of improving bowel formation and the astringent property is very effective in controlling diarrhea.
- Dhanyaka (Coriandrum sativum): Dhanyaka (Coriandrum sativum) consists of numerous benefits among which the benefits that assist in alleviating diarrhea are deepana (improves digestive strength), rochana (improves taste) and grahi (absorbent). These health benefits promote healthy digestion by inducing the digestive fire thus alleviates various digestion related issues.
- Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica): Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica) has been used since ancient times for problems related to diarrhea. It consists of astringent, dry properties with cold potency. These properties assist in balancing kapha and pitta dosha. Basically kutaj plays an important role in reducing the frequency of stools and alleviating mucus.
- Dadima (Punica granatum): Dadima (Punica granatum) is tridosha shamaka with kshaya and madhura ras (astringent and sweet taste) with anushna veerya (neither cold nor hot). The ruchya property of dadima helps in improving digestion and its astringent property aids in alleviating diarrhea and associated conditions.
- Dhataki (Woodfordia cordifolia): The condition of diarrhea is associated with agnimandya (low digestive fire) which aggravates vata dosha. The vata dosha pushes fluid into intestines which mix with stools and make them watery. This herb consists of astringent properties that by promoting digestive fire and further correcting vata dosha alleviates the loose stools.
- Avartani (Helicteres isora): Avartani (Helicteres isora) is one of the best herbs used for managing diarrhea and dysentery by maintaining intestinal health. The fruit part of avartani resembles intestines and in ancient texts there is a famous line that with which body part a plant resembles it helps in maintaining the health of that particular part of the body.
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare): Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare) consists of deepana (induces digestive fire) and pachana (digestive) properties with which it acts as a good appetizer and provides great digestive health. Alsi it consists of antispasmodic properties so it is quite effective in relieving abdominal colic in case of Pancolitis.
Dosage: 2 tsp twice daily with plain water after meals.
6. AEGLE PLAN CAPSULES
Aegle Plan Capsules is a single herbal capsule by Planet Ayurveda. It consists of the standardized extract of Bilva (Aegle marmelos). This herb is one of the best pitta pacifying herbs due to its medicinal properties such as bitter, astringent taste. So these properties are very best in decreasing the frequency of stools and improves the formation of stools that alleviates diarrhea. These capsules are added to the Pancolitis Care Pack especially for eliminating the symptom of diarrhea.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
Pancolitis is one of the diseases associated with Ulcerative Colitis in which there is inflammation of the entire colon. Our gut health is too important. Let’s see the reason behind it!!! All the food we eat is to be broken down in the gut and converted into a simple form that may easily enter into the bloodstream which delivers all the essential nutrients to our body. So if any part of the gut is not healthy our overall digestion will hamper. In case of Pancolitis a person may experience symptoms such as unexplained fever, diarrhea, feeling exhausted and if there is no management done at this stage then it leads to bloody diarrhea. As per Ayurveda it is correlated to pittaja and rakta atisara and line of treatment includes alleviation of vitiated pitta and rakta dosha. For the management of Pancolitis Planet Ayurveda provides you with Pancolitis Care Pack which works on the mentioned line of treatment. All the formulations are free from any kind of preservatives and synthetic materials thus they don’t cause any kind of side effects, so feel free to consume these remedies and get your condition alleviated.
There are no reviews yet.