Mahalaxmi Vilas ras is an Ayurvedic classical formulation. This is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is a Rasayan (rejuvenating) medicine which is helpful in numerous health problems. This formulation strengthens the whole body. It improves the functions of airways and lungs. This classical formulation is best in respiratory disorders. It also acts as cardio protective means it prevents cardiac disorders. In recent times, there is an increase in respiratory disorders due to polluted environments. So people face many respiratory problems such as COPD, Asthma, cough and cold. This is a wonderful remedy to fight against respiratory disorders.
- Abhrak Bhasma (Mica calx) – 50 gm
- Shuddha Gandhak (purified Sulphur) – 25 gm
- Vanga Bhasma (Tin calx) – 12 gm
- Shuddha Dhaturabeej Churna (purified powder of Datura metel) – 12 gm
- Vidharabeej Churna (powder of Argyreia nervosa) – 12 gm
- Karpor (Cinnamomum camphora) – 6 gm
- Javitri Churna (powder of Myristica fragrans) – 6 gm
- Shuddha Parada (purified Mercury) – 6 gm
- Shuddha Hartal (purified Arsenic trioxide) – 6 gm
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper calx) – 3 gm
- Suvarna Bhasma (Gold calx) – 3 gm
Reference:- Bhaishajya Ratnavali 1117/115-127
Description Of The Ingredients
- Abhrak Bhasma: This is a calx of copper. Copper has many medicinal values. It helps in making RBCs, keep nerve cells healthy, and protect cells from damage. This ingredient also helps in maintaining healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves and immunity. It contributes to iron absorption.
- Shuddha Gandhak: It is processed purified sulphur. It is used in medicines after purification because purification is done to reduce side effects, and toxicity. It is also helpful in burning sensation in the body, skin diseases, vertigo and strength loss.
- Vanga Bhasma: This calx is used in the treatment of genitourinary disorders, diabetes, anemia, asthma etc. This is prepared from Tin. The well processed calx of copper can only be used for therapeutic purposes. It is mainly used in male and female reproductive issues.
- Shuddha Dhaturabeej Churna: Dhatura is one of the toxic plant species in the world. But this is used in Ayurvedic medicines after the detoxification process. It helps in treating fever, abdominal pain, cough, indigestion etc.
- Vidharabeej Churna: In Ayurveda, this is known as rasayan and used in the treatment of many ailments ranging from neurological to digestive disorders. It is also helpful in treating wounds, skin problems, cell regeneration etc.
- Karpor: It is made by distilling the bark and wood of the camphor tree. It is applied to the skin to increase local blood flow which reduces pain and swelling. It has anti-inflammatory properties also.
- Javitri Churna: This is a famous spice used in cooking dishes. It has appetizer and astringent properties. It is used in cough, ulcer, asthma, thirst and poisoning. It helps in improving digestion.
- Shuddha Parada: It is a purified form of mercury. Mercury is the powerful substance which enhances the strength and action of other ingredients in a formulation. It has a rasayan property used in pacifying vata, pitta and kapha dosha.
- Shuddha Hartal: It is used in Ayurvedic medicines for its role in the treatment of syphilis, gout, herpes etc. It is prepared from orpiment (Arsenic trioxide). It is mainly used in the treatment of cancer. This ingredient is also helpful in skin diseases, respiratory problems etc.
- Tamra bhasma: It has many healing properties. It is mainly used in antacid, expectorant, digestive stimulants, lowers bilirubin, mild laxative, lowers cholesterol level, liver and spleen disorders.
- Suvarna Bhasma: This is prepared from pure gold. It is used in traditional Indian ayurvedic medicine. It has many health benefits and is used mainly in chronic and low immunity disorders. It is beneficial in Arthritis, Diabetes, Nervous system diseases. It enhances the immunity of the person.
Method Of Preparation
- At first properly mixes Parada and Gandhak and prepare Kajjali
- Then add all the Bhasma in this kajjali and mixes it properly
- Now mixes the rest of the powders in this kajjali and give bhavna with water or with the extracts of Tambula (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Make 250 mg tablet and let it dry under the sunlight
- Keep this formulation in a glass container
It is a wonderful Ayurvedic remedy for respiratory disorders. It is prepared from a herbal and mineral combination. The ingredients are very effective and potent against diseases. This also acts as natural aphrodisiac and rejuvenative medicine. This Ayurvedic remedy is beneficial in the treatment of throat infections, diarrhea, skin problems, fever etc. It has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antitubercular, immune-modulator, and antibacterial properties.
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
- Kshaya roga (Tuberculosis)
- Chronic cough
- Skin disorders
- Sore throat
- Eyes, ears and nose problems
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
Dosha Karma (Effects on Dosha)
- It balances all three dosha i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
1 tablet twice a day after meals with mansa ras (meat soup), cow’s milk, Curd.
- Avoid taking without any medical advice
- Before taking this medicine just detoxified your body with Ayurvedic Panchakarma procedures for better results
- Avoid in pregnant and lactating women
As already mentioned above, this is a Rasayan medicine used in a number of chronic conditions. This is a powerful herbal formulation for the treatment of respiratory illness. The ingredients in this formulation such as Parada, Gandhak, Vanga bhasma, abhrak bhasma make this formulation a potent herbal remedy for the ailments that are mentioned above. It has no side effects if taken under medical advice.