People suffer with so many disorders and according to the ayurveda it has been told that every disorder is due to the vitiation of vata, pitta and kapha dosha in the body and in ayurveda also to keep a person healthy, he or she should regularly consume rasayan (Rejuvenating agent) which helps in tissue regrowth and boosts up the immunity. There is a medication which acts as a rasayan and also helps in treating certain conditions named as mahalaxmi vilas ras which we will be discussing below.
Mahalaxmi vilas ras is an ayurvedic classical herbo-mineral medication which has been mentioned in ayurvedic classical books. It contains parada (Mercury) which is known as rasendra as it is the the best metal known in ayurveda on which the whole ras shastra is based. With that it has other minerals and herbs. This formulation is best known to treat respiratory tract disorders, chronic skin conditions and also helps in balancing all the doshas.
Ingredients Used in Maha Laxmi Vilas Ras
It has following ingredients which are mentioned below:
- Abhrak bhasma (Mica calx)
- Shuddha gandhak (Purified sulfur)
- Vanga bhasma (Tin calx)
- Shuddha parada (Purified mercury)
- Shuddha hartal (Orpiment calx)
- Tamra bhasma (Copper calx)
- Karpur (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Javitri (Myristica dactyloides)
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans)
- Vidhara beej (Argyreia speciosa)
- Dhatura beej (Dhatura metel)
- Swarn bhasma (Gold calx)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ rasendra saar sangraha ]
Description of Used Ingredients in Suran Vatak
All the ingredients in this formulation have certain medicinal properties which produce the combined effect of the medicine. Medicinal properties of ingredients are mentioned below:
- Abhrak – It is made from the purified mica which is very cold in potency, sweet in taste and oily or unctours in nature. It has been said that it is a rejuvenating agent as amrit. Acts as the best rejuvenating agent, helps in emanating the cough, cold, anemia, emaciation etc. It is the best carminative and digestive agent, helps in relieving anorexia.
- Shuddha gandhak – Made from the purified sulfur which has pungent, bitter and astringent taste, flowy in nature so it is easy to transport in minute channels of the body, potency of sulfur if hot, Vipaka (Taste conversion after digestion is sweet. It helps in igniting the digestive fire due to hot potency, pungent and bitter taste will help in treating the infection and cleansing or detoxifying the blood. It has been said that there is no uprasa more efficacious than gandhak in rasashastra.
- Vanga bhasma – It has been made from the purified tin which is bitter, sour, astringent and pungent with little salty taste. It is drying in nature, cold, sharp or piercing in nature. Hot in potency. It acts on eyes to make them healthy, helps in nourishing the body, it is carminative and digestive in nature. It helps in nourishing the body so it will be helpful in emaciation, Helps in eliminating the kapha and pitta dosha and also increases vata dosha a little bit.
- Mercury – It has all the shadrasa (Has 6 tastes) in it and having hot potency with unctuous, flowy and heavy to digest properties. Parad is helpful in balancing all the three doshas of the body. It is known as the mahavrishya means it is best known as aphrodisiac, rasayan due to its rejuvenating properties, yogavahi that means it can heighten the medicinal properties of any compound or herb with which it is added. It is also mentioned that it helps in increasing the intelligence, memory, lusture and strength of the body.
- Hartal bhasma – Hartal has a pungent, bitter and astringent taste. It is oily or unctuous in nature, hartal is heavy to digest with hot potency. It is helpful in treating disorders originating from the kapha and rakta (Blood) vitiation. It is very helpful in treating menstrual disorders. Also it is aphrodisiac, increases oaj of the body, rejuvenating and it prevents mortality. It has been used in many types of kustha (skin diseases) due to its blood detoxifying properties.
- Tamra bhasma – Tamra bhasma is bitter, astringent, pungent and sweet in taste. Taste conversion after digestion is also sweet. Potency of tamra bhasma is hot. It is saraka (Flowy) in nature, light to digest, helps in healing of wounds, good for the eyes. Helps in treating disorders originating from the kapha and pitta dosha. Tamra bhasma is a hepatic stimulant so helpful in treating disorders related to that. Due to the kapha balancing property it will be helpful in the upper respiratory tract.
- Karpur – Karpur is the niryasa (Exudate) of the plant. It has a bitter, pungent and sweet taste. Light to digest and causes dryness. Kapur undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion. It is a coolant for the body but still helps in balancing kapha and pitta dosha. Due to drying properties it will dry out the excess kapha from the body so it will relieve cough, cold, bronchitis etc. Helps in reducing the excess fat and cholesterol from the body.
- Javitri – It is the flowers of the plants which are being used in this formulation, helps in balancing the blood sugar levels, acts as a cardiac tonic so improves the heart metabolism, It is very useful to clear the throat helps in relieving cough, asthma, throat pain etc. It is also helpful in digestion related issues. Javitri helps in detoxifying the blood so it improves the skin and complexion.
- Jaiphal – Fruit of the jaiphal is used for this formulation which is bitter and pungent in taste, penetrative in nature and is light to digest. Potency of jaiphal is hot so it helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha. It will undergo pungent taste conversion after digestion. Jaiphala has many benefits like hrudaya (Cardiac tonic), ruchikrut (Helps relieving anorexia), varnakrut (Improves skin tone and complexion).
- Vidhara – Seeds of vidhara are used for making this formulation, It has pungent, bitter and astringent taste. It is light to digest and slimy in nature. Potency of the vidhara is hot and helps in reducing the vitiated kapha and vata dosha from the body. It can be indicated in shopha (Inflammation), amavata (Rheumatoid arthritis), vatasra (Gout), vadodara (Bloating) etc. researches have proved that it can be used in anxiety, inflammation and wound healing.
- Dhatura – Seeds of dhatura are used for making this formulation, Taste of dhatura is bitter and pungent, vipaka (Taste conversion after digestion) is pungent with the hot potency. It is helpful in balancing the kapha and vata dosha. It has medicinal uses such as it is kantikari (Improves skin quality), helps in relieving pain and inflammation, quick wound healing, relieves fever and also detoxifies skin and relieves itching. When administered orally It will treat chronic respiratory disorders, asthma and dysuria.
- Swarna bhasma – It has been made from the purified gold which has sweet and astringent taste, it is light to digest, oily or unctuous in nature. Potency of the swarna bhasma is cold and the resultant taste after digestion is sweet. It has an immunomodulatory effect on the immune system of the body and helps in pacifying all the three doshas from the body. It is beneficial for the whole body and can treat any conditions.
Maha laxmivilas ras has following medicinal properties which are mentioned below:
- It acts as antitubercular means it is helpful in tuberculosis
- It acts as antitussive means it will relieve cough
- It acts as anti-asthamatic medication
- Relieves inflammation
- Helps in modulating the immune system
- Has an antibacterial property
- Acts as an strengthening agent
- Acts an antioxidant agent
It is indicated in conditions such as phthisis (Weakness of the body parts due to pulmonary Tb) as it has a rejuvenating effect so will help in tissue growth and cell rejuvenation. Can also be used in tuberculosis as it is helpful in decreasing the kapha dosha from the body. Due to the hartal and mercury bhasma in it it will be helpful in treating the anemia as these agents increase the blood cell count in the body. Has a hepato-stimulating effect so helpful in treating jaundice. Common cold, coryza, cough, asthma will be cured by this medication as it helps in balancing the kapha dosha from the body. It is also good for the digestive disorders and helps in igniting all types of agni like jatharagni (Digestive disorder), dhatu agni (Agni which helps in making dhatus/tissues) etc so will maintain all the tissues in their right quantity. As it provides strength to the heart so it will treat cardiac disorders like arrhythmia. It is also helpful in Tb as it will also treat emaciation and dhatukshya (Depletion of dhatus).
It can be given in the dose of 1-2 tablets twice daily after meals for adults
There are no known side effects till now of the laxmi vilas ras but it should be consumed only after the guidance of an expert ayurvedic doctor.
Mahalaxmi vilas ras is an ayurvedic formulation which has many benefits like it helps in balancing all the doshas from the body. It mainly acts on balancing the kapha dosha in the body and treats the respiratory tract disorders and the weakness associated with it. It is available in tablet forms. You can easily buy it from Planet ayurveda as their medications are pure and made in authentic ways.