Almost 70-80 percent of the world population eats eggs but throws away the shell of the eggs without knowing that it can have so many benefits. According to ayurveda egg shells can be used as a medication when it is used in a powdered and purified form. This is a great alternative for calcium source and many other problems as it has many medicinal properties. This is an ayurvedic classical medication which is mentioned in ayurvedic classical books.
Ingredients Used in Kukutandtwak Bhasma
It contains ingredients which are mentioned below:
- Kukutand twak (Egg shell)
- Changeri (Oxalis corniculata)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Ayurveda Saar Sangrah ]
Description Of The Ingredients
Ingredients in this formulation contains many medicinal properties which are mentioned below:
- Kukutand twak (Egg shell): Hen’s egg shell is a rich source of calcium carbonate which is 95% and calcium phosphate, magnesium, carbonate, proteins are present in 5%. It has sweet and bitter taste, is also light to digest and smooth or soft in nature. Egg shell helps in pacifying the kapha and vata dosha from the body.
- Changeri (Oxalis corniculata): It is a small herb and the taste of changeri is sour and astringent due to which it is light to digest and due to astringent taste it is dry in nature. It has a sour taste after digestion and the potency of changeri is hot. It helps in improving digestion, treating malabsorption syndrome and also absorbent in nature.
Method Of Preparation
It is prepared by following the below mentioned procedure.
- Egg shell pieces are grinded with the juice of changeri in a mortar.
- Discoid shaped cakes are prepared from this mixture and dried up.
- Then these cakes are put in a sealed mud container and then it is taken in a muffle furnace and subjected to heat.
- Only one kukkut put is given and then it is cooled down and grinded to make a powder.
This formulation has many medicinal properties which are discussed below:
- It can be used as a calcium supplement
- It has anti-inflammatory effect on the body
- It will act as anti-arthritic agent as it is a rich source of calcium
- It has rejuvenating effect
- Kukutand twak is a supplement
- Aphrodisiac agent
- Hematogenic – It will help in formation of RBC
This formulation will be helpful in pacifying the kapha and vata dosha in the body
125 to 500 mg, once or twice daily, with honey, or as directed by the Ayurvedic doctor.
It can be administered with the following anupana
- Madhu (Honey)
- Mishri (Rock sugar)
- Malai (Milk cream)
It can be indicated in the following disorders like low mineral bone density, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis as it has a high content of calcium in it also due to the changeri which helps in digestion so it will increase the absorption of calcium. Due to the madhura vipaka and rejuvenating effect it will act as an aphrodisiac agent and helps in sexual weakness, nocturnal emmision, infections of the vagina and uterus when administered with ashoka arishta and dashmoola kashaya. It will also be beneficial in physical weakness. Conditions like prameha or urinary tract disorders can also be treated with this bhasma when it is administered with the vanga bhasma in the quantity of 1-1 ratti each. It is a great aphrodisiac agent. It will be helpful in treating rheumatoid arthritis as it is a rich source of calcium and also an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps in reducing the white discharge and inflammation of mucous membrane hence treats leucorrhea.
It does not have any side effects as it is well tolerated by people of all ages and also it is safe to use for 3-6 months without any side effects so we can consider this formulation safe for long term use.
It is an ayurvedic classical formulation which is made from the hen’s egg shell. This can be used as a supplement of calcium and also in the sexual and urinary disorders. This medication has been used since ages for treatment of conditions like this. Planet ayurveda provides this medication which is made by using the authentic way of preparation.
There are no reviews yet.