Piles are the collection of tissue and vein that become inflamed or swollen. Haemorrhoids are the vascular structure in the anal canal. In normal state, they act as cushions that help to control the stool. When these become swollen or inflamed then they cause disease which is known as piles or hemorrhoids. These are the swollen veins inside or around your anal region. In Ayurveda we can correlate this Arsha. The cause of this disease according to Ayurveda is Mandagni (low digestive fire). So the main aim is to treat digestive power. This Ayurvedic formulation named Arshkuthar Ras gives best results in Piles. So in this content we are going to discuss this Ayurvedic formulation in detail.
Arshkuthar ras is a herbo-mineral composition. This Ayurvedic formulation maintains digestive health. This stimulates the digestive fire. This is a commonly used Ayurvedic remedy for piles. As there is commonly constipation in piles patients then this medicine acts as a mild laxative and gives relief from the symptoms. This formulation contains Parada and gandhak as main ingredients which are very beneficial in gastric problems.
- Snuhi ksheera (Extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia) – 320 gms
- Danti Mool churna (Powder of Baliospermum montanum) – 200 gms
- Trikatu churna – 200 gms
- Suran churna (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius) – 200 gms
- Vanshlochan (Bamboo silica) – 200 gms
- Shuddha tankan (Citrus tankan) – 200 gms
- Yavakshar (Hordeolum vulgare) – 200 gms
- Saindhav lavan (Rock salt) – 200 gms
- Shuddha gandhak (Purified Sulphur) – 80 gms
- Loha bhasma (Iron calx) – 80 gms
- Tamra bhasma (Copper calx) – 80 gms
- Shuddha parada (Purified Mercury) – 40 gms
Reference – Bhaishajya Ratnavali Arshorogadhikar 330/238-240
Description of The Ingredients
- Snuhi Ksheera : This is a good remedy for constipation and indigestion. This is an Ayurvedic herb used for the treatment of swelling, cough, piles etc. This helps in cleansing the abdomen by its purgative action.
- Dantimool Churna : It acts as purgative. This herb induces diarrhea and is useful in treating liver disorders, digestive problems, piles etc.
- Shunthi Churna : This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in piles.
- Maricha Churna : Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It promotes digestive fire and ultimately treats Arsh (piles) as it has a pungent taste.
- Pippali Churna : Pippali is known as Piper longum. It promotes digestive fire and has a rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is helpful in digestive and respiratory problems.
- Suran Churna : It is rich in fibre content and hence useful in constipation which further helps in piles. It also aids in healthy digestion and due to potassium content it stimulates smooth bowel movement.
- Vanshlochan Churna : This is used in Ayurveda as a stimulant, expectorant, aphrodisiac, diuretic etc. It is also beneficial in infections, gout, hypertension, fever, inflammation etc.
- Shuddha Suhaga : This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating. It pacifies vata dosha and is effective in anemia and jaundice.
- Yavakshar : This is an alkali extract of a barley plant. It is used in the treatment of urinary calculi, painful urination, abdominal pain, bloating etc.
- Saindhav Lavan : This is a good salt among all salts. It helps to reduce the risk of low sodium levels, improve muscle cramps, aid in digestion, beneficial in skin ailments etc.
- Shuddha Gandhak : It is used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element. It is found in nature and useful in piles. Arsh (piles) is due to low digestive fire (Mandagni) which is already mentioned in Charak samhita.
- Loha Bhasma : Iron ash is effective in skin disorders, tuberculosis and pacifies all three doshas. It is pacifying pitta dosha and hence useful in amlapitta. Loha bhasma is also helpful in anemia.
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper ash): This pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. Tamra is used in various medicines as an ingredient after the purification process which is known as Puta (Calcination). This is effective in Gastric problems.
- Shuddha Parada : This pure form of mercury means purified mercury is used as medicine. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal also called Quicksilver. Parada is a very effective drug. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It has Aphrodisiac (Vrishya), Balya (Tonic), acts as Rasayana (Rejuvenate) properties. It improves digestion and strength.
Method of Preparation
- Prepare kajjali from gandhak and parada in kharal yantra
- Now mix above mentioned powders in this kajjali
- After mixing add snuhikshir (Extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia) and cow’s urine in this kajjali
- Heat this mixture over low flames
- Filtrate this mixture and make 125-250 mg tablets
- Keep the tablets in a airtight glass container
Arshkuthar ras is an Ayurvedic formulation. This helps in improving low digestive fire. The ingredients help in stimulating the digestive fire and improves digestion. This disease that is Arsha is caused by Aama (Endotoxins) and this formulation helps in digesting this Aama dosha and improves digestion of Arsha patients. This is the best treatment of choice for piles.
Dosha karma (Effects on Dosha)
It balances vata and kapha dosha
1 tablet once a day with warm water or Gulkanda (Rosa centifolia)
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
- Rectal pain
- Abdominal pain
- Take under medical supervision
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactating mother
- Overdose will lead to side effects as it contains mineral compounds
This is an effective remedy for Arsha (Piles). It helps in improving digestion as it contains wonderful herbs for digestion. This herbal product of Planet Ayurveda has an effective role in Piles treatment.