Pisties are prepared by triturating the drug with the specified liquids and exposing to sun or moonlight. These are termed anagnitapta bhasma (bhasma prepared without the medium of fire).
Method of Preparation:
After purification (sodhana) the drug is put in a khalva and triturated generally with rose water. It is triturated with the liquid for a day and dried in the sun for another day. This process is generally continued for seven days or more till fine pisti in powder form is obtained.
Characteristics and Preservation:
Depending upon the colour of the drug pisties are of different colours. They are as fine as bhasma and have the characteristics of bhasma. They preserve their potency indefinitely. They are stored in glass stoppered bottles.
Mukta (Moti) Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine. It has properties to reduce heat in the body. It cools the digestive system. It helps to balance acid formation and secretion. The pearls are processed and grinded into a fine powder with (ark gulab) rose water.
Moti Pishti ingredients:
The pure Pearl is powdered and then grinded with rose water for 3-4 days to obtain Pishti.
- Moti (Mukta) Pearl – 2gms
- Rose Water (Ark Gulab) – quantity sufficient.
Size Per Unit: 2 gms
EFFECT ON TRIDOSHA
It balances Rakta and Pitta.
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES (BHOUTIKA GUNA)
- Color – White
- Smell – Fragrant
- Touch – Masrana, Fine
- Taste – Nirasa (No Particular Taste)
- Stress disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Unmanageable emotional excesses (Hysteria)
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Insomnia (Sleeplessness)
- Cardiac Tonic
- Excessive burning sensation
- Joint pains or osteoporosis
- Membranous dysmenorrhea
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Hypo-parathyroidism (decreased activity of the parathyroid gland)
- High blood pressure
- Non-productive cough
- Cough due to irritation in the throat
- Acidity or Heartburn
- Acute and chronic Gastritis
- Duodenal ulcer and Peptic ulcer
- Mouth ulcer
- Ulcerative colitis
- Tooth decay
- Low bone mineral density
Mukta Pishti is a natural calcium supplement. The calcium is absorbable in the human gut. It functions to provide strength to bones, joints and muscles.
- To be administered as advised by medical practitioner under medical supervision only
- Route of administration-Oral
- To be taken with honey, butter or milk.
PREGNANCY & BREASTFEEDING
Mukta Pishti is a very good natural calcium supplement for both pregnant and lactating ladies.
- Self-medication can be dangerous.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
- Patient with Kidney Stones
- Elevated calcium level
- To be avoided in case of loss of body fluids
- Parathyroid Gland hyperactivity