Amavatari ras is an Ayurvedic formulation used for centuries for the treatment of Amavata (Rheumatoid arthritis). This medicine is available in tablet form. It is prepared from mineral and herbal compounds. It is mainly used in the treatment of joint disorders. It contains Ras (mercury) which is why it is named Rasaushadhi. Mercury is used in numerous medicinal preparations due to its powerful medicinal properties.
- Shuddha Guggul (Commiphora mukul) – 50 gm
- Eranda taila (Oil of Ricinus communis) – 50 ml
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica) – 40 gm
- Shuddha Gandhak (purified Sulphur) – 20 gm
- Shuddha Parada (purified Mercury) – 10 gm
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) – 10 gm
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) – 10 gm
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – 10 gm
Reference:- Bhaishajya-Ratnavali 29/69-70
Description Of The Ingredients
- Shuddha Guggul: This ingredient is used in reducing the swelling, pain in an inflammatory response. It has an appetizer and laxative properties. It is helpful in digestion. It has an analgesic effect and is useful in reducing pain in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Eranda Oil: It has a laxative effect so helpful in constipation. It is also helpful in inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis etc. It pacifies vata dosha and is helpful in pacifying joint pains caused by vata. It is also useful in skin diseases. This oil is extracted from the plant Ricinus communis. It is used in Ayurvedic medicines for alopecia, wrinkles, ovarian, cysts, constipation, piles, etc.
- Chitrakmool: The root of this herb is used in the preparation of this Ayurvedic medicine. It is used to reduce swelling after an injury. It is one of the wonderful digestive and carminative herbs in Ayurveda. It is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for indigestion.
- Shudha Gandhaka: This is a yellowish substance found in nature. It has many medicinal properties. It is used in Ayurvedic preparation after the purification process. In Ayurveda, it is first detoxified to get shuddha Gandhaka. It acts as a laxative. The pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenative). It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire. It is also helpful in managing various skin problems.
- Shudha Parada: Parada is a powerful substance to fight against numerous diseases. It gives strength to the other ingredients in the formulation. This is a pure form of mercury meaning purified mercury is used as a medicine. Parada is a very effective substance. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and has Rasayana (Rejuvenative) properties. It improves digestion by digesting Aama (endotoxins).
- Amalaki: This promotes immune function as RA is an autoimmune disorder so helpful in maintaining the immunity of the body. It enhances liver function, supports healthy digestion, and improves eyesight. It also helps in various infections.
- Bibhitaki: It is a potent herbal remedy that has a variety of uses. It has anti-inflammatory properties. It is commonly used in the treatment of diabetes. It balances all three doshas and nourishes the dhatus within the body.
- Haritaki: It is known as the king of medicines. It holds high significance in treating various or countless problems. It is helpful in diseases such as indigestion, constipation, lung disease, obesity, UTI, Asthma, etc. It pacifies all three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
Method Of Preparation
- Take Parada and gandhak and prepare proper kajjali.
- Now mix triphala and Chitrakmool powder in the kajjali.
- Heat and melt guggul in water.
- When it get melted then mix this melted guggul in kajjali.
- After then add Eranda oil in kajjali and mixes it properly.
- Make tablets from this mixture and let them dry.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container.
Amavatari ras is a classical Ayurvedic formulation used in the treatment of diseases that are the origin of Vata. It is helpful in decreasing pain, swelling, and stiffness in joints. The ingredients in this formulation are helpful in digesting Aama which is the root cause of Amavata. It is also helpful in osteoarthritis disease. Aama is the undigested food left in the gut which is also known as endotoxins. So this formulation helps in digesting this Aama.
- Amavata (Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint immobility
- It pacifies Vata and Kapha
1 Tablet twice a day after meals with warm water.
- Don’t take milk and green gram.
- Take this formulation under the medical supervision.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactating mother.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a very painful and depressing disease. So, at last, I can say that if you want to get a proper and permanent solution for RA then use Amavatari ras. RA is an autoimmune disorder and there is no cure in allopathic medicine for this disease because they have no reason why this disease occurs. But in Ayurveda we all know that the cause of the disease is Aama dosha which is an undigested food present in our gut. This medicine digests this Aama and treats Amavata from its root cause.