Mustak Powder – An Amazing Herbal Formulation for Various Health Issues
- Cyprus rotundus, commonly known as Nutgrass, motha, Nagarmotha.
- Mustak powder is formulated by Planet Ayurveda MD experts. Mustak powder is one among wonderful herb for overall female health. It is available in 100 gm pure powder of motha rhizome.
- Mustak or motha (Nutgrass) herb in Ayurveda used to treat various female disorders, premenstrual syndrome, or a breast tumor.
- Cyprus rotundus roots contain several active chemical ?-cyperone, ?-rotunol, ?-cyperone, ?-pinene, ?-rotunol, Calcium, Camphene, Cyperone, Cyperol, Cyperolone Cyperotundone D-epoxyguaiene, D-fructose, D-glucose, Flavonoid, ?-cymene, Isocyperol, Isokobusone, Kobusone, Limonene, Linoleic-acid, Magnesium, Pectin, Polyphenols, Rotundene, Rotundenol, Rotundone, Stearic-acid, Sugeonol, Sugetriol, due to presence of these constituents the roots possess following medicinal properties:
- Nutgrass is an antioxidant, it has strong scavenging action which prevents damage of cells due to free radical.
- This herb act as antifungal, effective against fungus to prevent female health disorders and skin infections.
- It act as anthelmintic, destroys parasitic worms from the intestine.
- It also act as anti-rheumatic, effective on arthritis.
- It is amazing herb act as anti-spasmodic, it relieves menstrual cramps etc.
- It restores healthy body functions.
- Cyprus rotundus is referred as anti-hyperglycemic which lowers the blood glucose levels.
- It also very effective to stimulate sexual desire.
- It has astringent and carminative property, which relieves colic pain, flatulence occurs due to gastritis.
- Motha act as diaphoretic which induces perspiration.
- It is natural herb which induces urinary functions, act as diuretic.
- Motha stimulates blood flow in the pelvic area and uterus.
- It is also hepatoprotective, this herb improves liver functions.
- It is also act as stimulant that elevates levels of neurological activity in the body.
- It is also a good appetizer and improves digestion.
- This herb is hypotensive in nature which lowers the blood pressure.
- It helps to maintain healthy body system, mental disorder, weight loss, menstrual pain, cholesterol, maintain overall health and also helps to maintain healthy functioning of digestive system.
Ingredients of Mustak Powder
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Quantity|
|1.||Mustak||Cyperus rotundus||100 gm|
About Mustak (Cyprus rotundus)
Motha growing as weed in garden, lawn, fields and waste lands. It looks like grass and it is a perennial plant. Mustak powder consists of pure powder of rhizome. It is dark brown. These are rich in medicinal properties and widely used in Ayurveda for disease treatment.
Ayurvedic Properties of Mustak (Cyprus rotundus)
- Rasa (Taste): Tikta/Bitter, Katu (pungent) kashaya/Astringent
- Guna (Characteristics): Laghu/Light, Ruksha/Dry
- Virya (Potency): Sheet/ Cool
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Katu/Pungent
Action of Mustak (Cyprus rotundus) on body
- Dipana / deepana (Digestive stimulant)
- Pachana (digest ama/toxins)
- Kapha-har (pacifies the Kapha/mucous)
- Grahi (Anti-diarrhea, binds stool
- Sthoulya-har (reduces obesity)
- Tvakadosh-har (cures skin diseases)
- Pitta-har (pacifies Pitta)
- Sotha-har (reduces swelling)
Uses of Mustak Powder
- Stomach disorder
- Atisaar or Diarrhea
- Pravahika or dysentery
- Jaundice, cold
- Improving health
- Intestinal disorders
- Improving breast milk
- Sores, Wounds
Ayurvedic Properties of Mustak Powder
- Mustak have pungent smell and bitter in taste.
- It is cold in potency.
- It pacifies Pitta and Kapha dosha.
- This herb is active on blood, muscles, nerves and plasma.
- It mainly affects digestive, female reproductive system and circulatory system. According to our authors Acharya, Charak and Sushrut used Motha in diarrhea, dysentery, digestive disorders, vaginal and uterine diseases.
Indications of Mustak Powder
- Motha is used in treatment of many diseases. It is very effective for female disorders like dysmenorrhea, menstrual disorders and menopause. It is also effective for the breast tumor.
- Mustak powder is not only effective for female health disorders.
- Digestive disorders, pain in abdomen, anorexia, digestive weakness, indigestion, malabsorption, diarrhea and bleeding dysentery.
- Digestive weakness, indigestion, diarrhea, dysentery, and malabsorption.
- Excess thirst, Rheumatism, Vomiting.
- Cold, cough
- Gynecological Disorders
- Intestinal Parasites, painful urination, fever
Dosage of Mustak Powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after the meals.
- Packaged Type: Herbal Powder
- Packaged Quantity: 100 gm. / bottle
- There is no known side-effects with this herb if consumed in the prescribed dosage.
- If excess dose taken, will increase Vata dosha.
Advantages of Using Mustak Powder by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda’s Mustak powder offers many health benefits to cure all health issues related to the GI tract, skin and also effective in digestive issues. Moreover, there are several other factors too, that contribute towards making it better than many other similar products available in the market today. These are:
- The product uses only standardized 100 % natural herbal extracts.
- This product is 100 percent pure vegetarian.
- It is made up of pure, natural and safe ingredients.
- It does not cause any side effects.
- Use of only high quality herbs is done to ensure better health results. It is a high quality product available at competitive prices.
- It does not contain any artificial flavoring agent, chemicals or added colors.
- We never test our products on animals.
If you are suffering from health issues, then what are you waiting for? Opt for Planet Ayurveda Mustak powder and be healthy. Choose from our wide range of Ayurvedic supplements, capsules, herb powders, and oils and order conveniently through our website.