Trivrit churna is an ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of various disease conditions. It mainly helps to treat diseases caused by an imbalance of Kapha and pitta. It is a single herb churna made from trivrit, an ayurvedic herb. This herb has a long history in Ayurveda.
This herb is also used in panchkarma treatment apart from being a medicinal herb. In the panchakarma treatment it is used in a procedure called Virechana.
Product Weight (gms) : 100 gm
Dosage : 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after the meals.
Ingredients of Trivrit churna
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Part Used||QTY|
|1.||Trivrit||Operculina turpethum||Roots||100 gm|
What is Trivrit?
Trivrit (Operculina turpethum) is commonly known as turpeth. It is a perennial climbing plant. Trivrit is perennial herbaceous, hairy vines growing 4-5 meters in length. It is commonly found in Deccan region and north circars up to 3000 ft.
It is native to India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China, Taiwan, and Myanmar. It is usually found in dry and warm places. Trivrit is a creeper and lives for many years.
What are the different names of Trivrit?
- English – Indian Jalap, Saint Thomas Lidpod, Turpeth Root And Transparent Wood Rose
- Hindi – Panial, Pithori And Nisoth
- Telugu – Tegade
- Bengali – Tevudi
- Marathi – Nishottar, Nisottar
- Kannada – Viltigada, Aluthigida, Bilitigade , And Bangadaballi
- Gujarati – Nasttara
- Tamil – Adimbu and Sivadai.
What are trivrit’s sanksrit synonyms?
- Triputa, trivita and tribhandi – shape of stem is triangular.
- Suvaha, rechani and sarala – causes purgation.
- Ardhachandra, gandhini and kumuda.
What are the chemical constituents of trivrit?
- A and B turpethins
- Turpethinic acids A.
Trivrit churna is a single herb powder. Now we will be learning about the various properties and uses of this churna.
What are trivrit churna’s medicinal properties?
According to ayurveda Trivrit churna’s has various medicinal properties:-
- Taste (Rasa) – Bitter (Tikta), Pungent (Katu)
- Qualities (Guna) – Lightness (Laghu), Strong, Piercing (Teekshna) and Dryness (Rooksha)
- Vipaka – Katu, Undergoes Pungent Taste After Digestion.
- Veerya (Potency) – Ushna (Hot)
- Prabhava (Special Effect) – Rechana (Purgation)
What is Trivrit churna’s effect on tri-dosha?
It increases Vata dosha. Trivrit Churna balances Kapha and Pitta.
Which parts of the herb is used for making this churna?
Roots are used to make Trivrit churna.
What are the therapeutic uses of Trivrit churna?
- It relieves constipation as it has a purgative action.
- Trivrit Churna is useful in worm infestation.
- This Churna helps healing wounds.
- It can help to lose weight.
- Trivrit Churna is effectively used in fever.
- It helps to treat ascites.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory effect, it is useful in inflammation.
- It is used to treat anemia
- This helps to treat the liver disorder in its early stages.
- It is useful in heart disorders.
- Trivrit helps to treat splenomegaly.
- It relieves bloating and gas in the abdomen.
- It is used to treat gout.
- This churna can help to treat hemorrhoids.
- It helps to treat dropsy.
- This can be used to treat bronchitis as it has a broncho-dilating action.
- It is used in case of paralysis, myalgia, and arthralgia.
- Trivrit churna also has a diuretic effect.
- It treats rheumatism.
- It can be used to relieve navel pain after parturition.
- It is used to maintain overall health.
- This Churna helps to get rid of bladder stones.
- It has an anti-ulcer activity, so it is used to treat ulcers.
- It helps to treat gout and rheumatism.
- This churna helps to relieve breathing difficulty.
- It acts as a blood purifier.
What can be the side-effects of Trivrit churna?
- There are no side effects of this churna if taken in prescribed dosage but too much dosage or in people with low strength can cause burning, dizziness, pain in abdomen and severe purgation.
- During pregnancy and lactation, it should be taken under physician’s supervision
- If used for children, it should be given in minimal quantity or as prescribed by physician.
- Vomiting can occur if excess dosage is taken.
- It can cause chest pain if taken in high dosage.
- It should be used under a physician’s guidance.
What are the advantages of having Trivrit churna from Planet Ayurveda?
Planet Ayurveda manufactures this churna under strict ayurvedic principles. Several reasons which make it superior to other similar products are:-
- This powder is 100% ayurvedic.
- It is purely vegetarian churna.
- Trivrit churna do not contain any chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers.
- Its testing is not done on animals.
- This churna is available at Planet Ayurveda at a reasonable price with the best quality.
- Only pure Ayurvedic herbs of the best quality are used.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this churna.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.