- Ingredients Used: Sharpunkha
- Latin name: Tephrosia purpurea
- Part used: Roots
- Plant type: Wasteland Weed
- Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after the meals.
- Product Weight (gms) : 100 gm
It is an ayurvedic herb especially useful in the treatment of liver and spleen. It is useful in the treatment of liver diseases like cirrhosis and hepatitis. It removes the obstruction of the kidney. It promotes the regeneration of liver tissues. It is also useful in the treatment of many diseases like ascites, asthma, bronchitis, jaundice etc.
Names in different languages:
- Ayurvedic: Plihaa-shatru, Plihaari, Surpunkha, Sarphoka, Sharapunkha
- English name: Purple Tephrosia, Fish poison,
- Hindi name: Sarphonk, Sarphanka
- Sanskrit name: Sarpankha, Sarpunkha
- Punjabi name: Jhojro
- Bengali name: Bannilgach
- Kannada: Phanike
- Gujarati name: Unnali
- Marathi name: Untoali
- Rajasthani name: Masa
- Urdu name: Sarfonka
- Pleehashatru, Sharpunkha
- Neelavrukshakruti, Shimbiphala,
- Mahaushadhi, Sharpunkha
Medicinal Properties of Sharpunkha Churna
- Ras (taste): Tikta (Bitter), Kashya (astringent)
- Guna (qualities): Laghu (light to digest), Rooksha (dryness), Tikshna (Strong)
- Veerya (potency): Ushna (hot)
- Vipaka: Katu (pungent taste after digestion)
Health Benefits of Sharpunkha Churna
- Depurative: Purifying agent
- Diuretic: Promotes the excretion of urine
- Anti-hyperglycemic: Counteracts the high levels of glucose in the blood
- Hepatoprotective: Prevents damage to the liver
- Deobstruent: removes the obstruction of the body
- Laxative: facilitates the evacuation of bowels
- Anthelmintic: Expels the parasites from the body
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune system of the body
Therapeutic Uses of Sharpunkha Churna
This churna helps in detoxification of the liver and helps in the regeneration of new liver cells. This churna also provides relief in the symptoms like decreased appetite, weight loss, abdominal swelling, jaundice anorexia, itchy skin, nose bleeding etc.
This powder contains rotenoid, which acts as an insecticide. This insecticidal property helps in the treatment of skin diseases. It also contains flavonoid, which helps in the healing of the skin. Hence this is very useful in the treatment of skin diseases like eczema, leprosy, scabies etc.
This churna has anti-diabetic property that controls the blood sugar levels in the body and exerts an anti-hyperglycemic property. It increases the production of insulin in the pancreas. Thus helpful in improving the metabolism of carbohydrates and helpful in controlling the blood sugar levels within normal limits.
It is very helpful in protecting the kidney from the toxins. Thus helpful in strengthening the kidney system and aids in the removal of toxins or waste materials from the body.
This churna is very useful in inflammation. It acts as an anti-inflammatory that reduces the symptoms like pain, redness, and swelling. This provides relief.
It has antipyretic as well as analgesic property that helps in the treatment of fever. It provides relief in the symptoms like fatigue, headache, body ache, weakness etc.
It acts as a natural anti-carcinogenic agent so that it can be useful in the treatment of cancer and prevents the progress of this disease. It helps in protecting the healthy cells in the body against the damage caused by free radicals. It can be used as an adjuvant therapy, can be used in the combination with conventional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It helps in improving the results and recovery of the patient is fastest. It provides relief.
This churna promotes the digestion and improves the appetite and tones the small intestine that maintains the balance between the nutrition and diet and also provides relief in the symptoms such as acidity, heartburn, pain in the abdomen, loss of appetite, indigestion, intestinal pain etc.
Female Reproductive issues
This churna provides relief in the treatment of various female reproductive issues like ovarian cyst, PCOS, uterine Fibroids etc. Thus, this churna helps in the degeneration of cysts by reducing the size of cysts and any other outgrowth in the uterus.
By applying this churna on the teeth helps in reducing tooth pain. It keeps the gums and teeth healthy. Provides relief in other symptoms like Bleeding gums, redness, swelling etc.
This churna helps in providing relief in an excessive cough. It acts as an expectorant and suppressant that suppresses the symptoms of an excessive cough like congestion and pain in the chest. It provides relief.
This churna helps in the treatment of wounds that cannot be healed or healed lately and also helps in reducing the symptoms like, pain, inflammation etc.
There are no side effects if consumed as per prescribed dosage. Care should be taken if it is consumed as per prescription.
The Advantage of using Sharpunkha Churna as offered by Planet Ayurveda
There are several reasons that made this formulation superior from other products available in the market:
- It is 100% natural.
- Prepared from the best natural herb.
- Only organic products are used for better results.
- No color added.
- Prepared by MD Ayurveda experts.
Planet Ayurveda is offering these products at a very reasonable and competitive price.