Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that easily dissolves in water. Vitamins are organic molecules essential for every organism in small quantities for the proper functioning of metabolism. There are three essential nutrients: Minerals, Fatty acids and amino acids, which are not included in the term Vitamins. The Vitamin B complex has the function of coenzymes and precursors of them. Vitamins were first discovered in 1913-1948 and in 1935 the tablets were produced of extract of yeast. They are essential for the proper metabolic functions and development of each cell’s functions. Let’s have a look at the natural herbal Vitamin B12 supplement presented by Planet Ayurveda.
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) plays a very important role in the formation of red blood cells and in the metabolism of cells, which are helpful for carrying genetic information. It is one of the vitamins of vitamin B, which is used by animals and used as a component for the synthesis of DNA, in the metabolism of both fatty acids and amino acids. Methylcobalamin and deoxy adenosylcobalamin are the active forms of Vitamin B12. This is required for the development, myelination and the function of the proper central nervous system. Vitamin B12 is a coordination complex which is a deep red solid that dissolves to give the red colour solution. It is bound to the protein which gets released before getting absorbed.
Vitamin B12 functions as a component for 2 enzymes-Methionine synthase and L-methyl malonyl CoA mutase, bacterial fermentation creates AdoB12 and MeB12, which further converts cyanocobalamin by adding potassium cyanide in the presence of heat and sodium nitrate.
|1.||Vitamin B12||11.5 µg||192%|
Proprietary blend of Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Spirulina, Moringa Leaves, Chlorella, Alfalfa Leaves, Green Amla, Beetroot, Stevia Leaves & Vegetable Capsule Sell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose)
Description Of Ingredients
- Wheat Grass – Wheatgrass (Triticum aestivum) is a kind of grass, which is a good source of nutrients. It is traditionally used in both Persian and Indian festivals. It is a good source of Potassium, Dietary fibre, vitamins A, C, K, B6 and many more. Vitamin B12 is not present within any grass but is found in the micro-organisms living in the surrounding soils. It may reduce the level of cholesterol and is rich in high antioxidants and regulates the blood sugar level. Improves digestion and cleansing of the colon.
- Barley Grass – Barley grass (Hordeum vulgare) is an annual grass which is found in various climatic conditions and is helpful in the treatment of skin, liver, blood and various GI disorders. It has the ability to scavenge the free radicals, which increases the production of oxygen free radicals. It is rich in Vitamin B12 which forms the red blood cells and is useful in various nervous functions and detoxifies the body. Has antioxidant potential and heals the lining of the intestine.
- Spirulina – Spirulina is a biomass of cyanobacteria which is taken by animals or humans. It is a type of Algae, which grows in fresh or saltwater. It is helpful in boosting the level of nutrients and has various antioxidants in this. The main component of Spirulina is Phycocyanin which is a great anti-oxidant and has a unique blue colour, which promotes and is helpful in inflammation. Reduces blood pressure and contains pseudovitamin B12 which is helpful in regulating the function of nerve cells and the immune system.
- Moringa – Moringa (Moringa oleifera) is commonly known as a Drumstick tree, which is fast-growing and has yellow-white colour petals. It is grown mainly in Tropical and subtropical regions. It is helpful in the treatment of digestive disorders and in age-related disorders. Helpful in boosting the energy level and supports a healthy immune system. Rich in Vitamin B12 and D3 as it contains various anti-oxidants and regulates the hormonal balance. Has anti-inflammatory properties and heals damaged bones. Rich in Magnesium which is good for nerves and muscles and thus prevents muscle spasms. Helpful in the absorption of iron and increases the red blood cells.
- Chlorella – Chlorella is a plant-based food which is rich in Vitamin B12, is helpful in supporting the purification of the body and contains wonderful anti-oxidants. It is a plant protein source, which boosts the immune system and is helpful in preventing iron deficiency anaemia. Maintains good cholesterol levels and reduces the complications of diabetes. Reduces the inflammation of the respiratory system and thus saturates the lungs with oxygen.
- Alfalfa Leaves – Alfalfa Leaves (Medicago sativa) is a plant which is the form of sprouts, useful in various disorders of kidney, prostate and bladder conditions. It may reduce cellular damage due to its oxidative stress. These are the green flowering plants which have been used as fodder in livestock. Green Alfalfa contains a greater concentration of Vitamin B12, Known as bodybuilding Tonic which stimulates the appetite and improves digestion.
- Green Amla – Green Amla (Emblica officinalis) is commonly known as Indian Gooseberry, which is a yellow-green colour fruit which is helpful in boosting immunity and reducing the risk of macular degeneration. It is rich in antioxidants which are plant-based vitamin B12 which improves the immunity and metabolism of digestive health. It is helpful in detoxifying and flushing the waste from the body.
- Beetroot – Beetroot is a type of root vegetable which is used worldwide with a great source of Folate, Potassium and Iron). Beetroot is enriched with iron and is a storehouse of Vitamin B12. It is helpful in boosting energy which increases metabolism thus making metabolism Stronger. Helpful in making hair and skin healthy. Useful in shortness of breath and in various nerve issues such as numbness, tingling sensation and vision loss.
- Stevia Leaves – Stevia is a sugar which is made from the leaves of the stevia plant. Commonly found in South America and Asia they are sweet-lasting leaves. It is a perennial herb which has aromatic leaves arranged oppositely. Useful in the normal functioning of nerve cells and in the formulation of red blood cells. Improves memory and the synthesis of DNA. Boosts energy and is helpful in lowering the blood sugar level and blood pressure.
- Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose) – These Capsules are a form of vegetable capsule which are made up of plant fibres. It is a semisynthetic polymer which is derived from the pulp of wood. This shell of vegetable was introduced in 1989 and it does not trigger health and does not show any side effects on the parts of the body.
- Product Form: Capsule form
- Package Type: Bottled pack
- Package Quantity: 60 Capsules
How Can I Use Vitamin B12 Capsules?
- Vitamin B12 capsules are easily available as a veggie formulation and are easily consumed with plain water.
- Adults can take the dosage of 2 capsules with normal plain water after meals.
- For children, the prescribed dosage per day is 1 capsule which is the recommended dose.
The natural herbal supplement of Vitamin B12 has no side effects and the regular long use of this capsule is completely safe without any side effects.
What Is Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anaemia?
- It is a condition when the body does not need enough healthy blood cells due to a lack of Vitamin B12.
- Vitamins make red blood cells which are important for carrying the red blood cells and when there are not enough blood cells to the tissues and does not get proper oxygen the body will not work well.
- Folic Acid (another Vitamin B), Anaemia which is due to lack of Vitamin B12 and causes megaloblastic anaemia which does not develop normally and is normally larger in size and can die sooner than normal blood cells.
Causes Of Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anaemia?
- Lack of intrinsic factor – it is a protein which is found in the stomach and is absorbed by Vitamin B12 and this deficiency is known as Pernicious Anaemia.
- Various surgical interventions or the bypass of small intestines – As the small intestine is the place where there is absorption of Vitamin B12.
- You are more likely to get Vitamin B12 deficiency if you have-
- Atrophic gastritis (lining of the stomach is thinned)
- Pernicious anaemia
- Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, Bacterial or parasitic growth
- Misuse of Alcohol which hardly absorbs nutrients and prevents them from eating
- Glossitis and inflamed tongue
- Various Autoimmune disorders such as Grave’s disease and Lupus
- Certain Medications interfere with the absorption of B12 including- Proton Pump Inhibitors (Esomeprazole, Omeprazole), H2 Blockers (Famotidine) and Metformin.
Symptoms Of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Various Symptoms are as follows-
- Weakness, Tiredness and Lightheadedness
- Pale Skin
- Smooth Tongue
- Shortness of breath
- Various nervous Problems such as Muscle Weakness, Tingling sensation and disturbances in GAIT
- Loss of appetite
- Mental Problems such as Depression, Behavioral Changes
- Tender tongue
- Faster Heart Rate
1. Vitamin B12 And Its Absorption
- It was discovered as an anti-pernicious anaemia factor which is found in the liver.
- Vitamin B12 is absorbed in the small intestine and the vitamin is attached to the receptor which is known as Cubilin which is found to function in the endocytosis of various ligands which have apolipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein.
- Achlorhydria, Lack of intrinsic factors and Dysfunction of Cuban are the risk factors of Vitamin B12 Deficiency.
2. Metabolism Of Vitamin B12
- The source of Vitamin B12 is animal origin, neither fungi nor plants are able to synthesise Vitamin B12.
- However, there are many foods which are natural sources of Vitamin B12 because of the bacterial biological interactions.
- After ingestion of Vitamin B12, gastric and pancreatic secretions bind the vitamin B12 to the intrinsic factor which is secreted by parietal cells.
- Vitamin B12 reaches the ileum portion and absorbs Vitamin B12 and the absorption of vitamin B12 occurs according to the mechanism.
- There is the transport of Vitamin B12 to the blood and various other tissues and in hepatic uptake which requires transcobalamins.
- The active coenzyme forms of vitamin B12, which are generated in the body are Deoxyadenosyl-cobalamin (DAB12) and Methyl-cobalamin (Methyl B12). This is essential for converting Homocysteine to Methionine.
- Methionine is a group of methyl donors in various metabolic and protein synthesis. This is helpful in making THFA (Tetrahydrofolic acid) which gets trapped in the methyl group and is essential for cellular functions such as in the synthesis of amino acids.
- THF is an enzyme which is involved in the biosynthesis of important molecules including Purine and Pyrimidine nucleotides and various methionine and glycine.
- Malonic acid is an important step in the metabolism of propionic acid, which does not need folate and is responsible for the demyelination which is seen in the deficiency of Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the growth of cells and in multiplication.
3. Utilisation Of Vitamin B12
- It is present in the food as the conjugative of protein which is released and Gastric acid helps the stomach’s proteolysis process.
- An intrinsic factor which is glycoprotein is secreted by the Abdomen forms the Vitamin B12 complex and gets attached to the receptors which are on the mucosal wall and is absorbed by the active carrier.
- This is essential for the absorption of Vitamin B12 which is absorbed in good amounts.
- Vitamin B12 is taken by the cells of the liver and is stored in ⅔- ⅘ content of the body in the liver. It is not degraded in the body and is mainly excreted by the Bile, and then is reabsorbed in the enterohepatic circulation
- Due to nutritional deficiency, there is malabsorption of Vitamin B12 is seen.
- Vitamin B12 is directly absorbed in the deep tissues via injections. Normal traces of vitamin B12 are seen in the urine, a large amount of Vitamin B12 is excreted due to plasma protein binding sites getting saturated and this is filtered in the glomerulus part.
- Hydroxocobalamin is protein-bound which enhances the absorption of Cyanocobalamin.
Preparations, Dose And Administration
- Cyanocobalamin – Redisol, Macrabin
- Hydroxocobalamin – Redisol-H, Macrabin
- When the Vitamin B12 is due to lack of intrinsic factor it is given through Intramuscular and intravenous.
- Parenteral administration is important for defective absorptive mechanisms, which initially starts at 30-100 micrograms for 10 days which is further followed by 100 micrograms per week.
- When there are complications, or neurological complications the higher dose is recommended.
- Sea Fish (Salmon, Tuna)
- Egg (Yolk Part)
- Dairy Products (Milk, Soya Milk)
- Fortified Breakfast Cereals
- Fortified Nutritional Yeasts
- Dry fruits such as Peanuts, Hazelnuts, cashews, Pistachios and walnuts are good sources of Vitamin B12.
- The vegetable source is legumes (pulses) obtained from microorganisms from the nodules of the root.
Why You Need Vitamin B12
- It is helpful in maintaining the health of nerves and blood cells
- Creates DNA
- It is useful in megaloblastic anaemia which makes people look weak and tired
- Produces energy
- Boosts memory and mood
- Improves the health of heart diseases
Herbal Supplement For Vitamin B12 Deficiency By Planet Ayurveda
The ayurvedic formulation of Vitamin B12 is a 100% pure product which is taken from the best quality sources such as Spirulina, Alfalfa, Green Amla, Beetroot and many more. These ingredients are best known for centuries and have many wonderful results on the body and for maintaining the good health of nerves and blood cells. These Capsules are in pure extract forms which are effective in the best quality ways. The packaging and processing of these capsules are collected from a clean environment which is grown in the best soils. Regular use of this Ayurvedic Vitamin B12 reduces the risk of damage to nerves and cells, in megaloblastic anaemia and improves the health of the heart and other diseases.
Vitamin B12 Supplements do not cause any side effects on the body which is a completely plant-based product, so Pregnant ladies and Lactating mothers should consume them under the strict supervision of Ayurvedic experts.
How Long Would Vitamin B12 Supplement Capsules Take Time To Show The Results?
Vitamin B12 is a completely Pure formulation with the best quality herbal products, which are 100% pure Ayurvedic formulation without any adulteration and the visible outer results take 4-6 weeks to appear. Therefore it is highly recommended that patients experience such wonderful results in the body.
In certain cases, it may vary from patient to patient which further depends upon the medical condition of the individual such as their mental health, Physical illness and the metabolic conditions of the body. It may also show results within the week.
The results of this herbal supplement are natural and show the everlasting results which are given by this pharmaceutical drug. This works on the immunity of the individual and provides a longer time to stay.
So, to ensure the best outcome these products are highly recommended to use on a daily basis. The regular intake of these capsules is very helpful for maintaining the good health of nerves and red blood cells.
How Long Will A Single Bottle Of Vitamin B12 Supplement Last?
A single bottle of Vitamin B12 contains 60 herbal capsules which last from 15-30 days but depend upon the dosage and frequency of the consumption. For better results, the regular intake of these capsules is highly recommended.
Side Effects Of Vitamin B12 Supplement
There are no side effects if the doses of the capsules are taken under the prescribed dosage.
Therapeutic Uses Of Vitamin B12 Supplements
- Prevent the congenital abnormalities
- Creates and regulates the process of DNA
- Forms red blood cells and prevents megaloblastic anaemia
- Boosts memory and mood
- In Tobacco Amblyopia – Hydroxocobalamin is helpful in giving benefits as it traps the cyanide which is derived from the tobacco to form the cyanocobalamin.
- In rare conditions (Imerslund Grasbeck disease) is helpful to treat this condition, by injecting Vitamin B12 Shots or by mouth which prevents Vitamin B12 Deficiency.
- In Cyanide Poisoning – Administering a natural form of Vitamin B12 is effective in treating Cyanide Poisoning.
- Canker Sores – Applying ointment which contains Vitamin B12 is helpful in reducing Canker sore Symptoms.
- Lower the level of Homocysteine in blood.
- Shingles – Nerve pain which is caused by Shingles is helpful in reducing the pain.
- Treats the myelopathy of the spine and its related abnormalities.
- Indicated in Gluten enteropathy, in small bowel bacterial overgrowth and in total-partial gastrectomy.
Advantages Of Using Vitamin B12 Capsules By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda’s Vitamin B12 offers many health benefits and many more factors that contribute to making it better than other similar products which are available in the market today. They are as follows-
- It is a plant-based cellulose capsule which is completely vegetarian and is free from any chemicals or from hard gelatin.
- It makes the use of standardised extracts.
- To ensure healthy outcomes, pure organic goods are used.
- There is no addition of colours, preservatives, yeast and artificial flavours in the products.
- Animal testing is not allowed on our products.
The coenzyme and precursor functions of the vitamin B complex are present. Between 1913 and 1948, vitamins were initially found, and in 1935, yeast extract was used to make vitamin pills. Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) plays a very important role in the formation of red blood cells and in the metabolism of cells, which are helpful for carrying genetic information. The ayurvedic supplement Vitamin B12 Contains pure herbs such as Green Amla, Spirulina, Alfalfa leaves and more. These ayurvedic capsules are helpful in maintaining the body’s health and preventing various abnormalities such as Anaemia, congenital abnormalities without causing any side effects.