Gold is a compound which has extensive use like in making jewelry, finance and investing, aerospace, electronics etc. It also has a wide use in dentistry, medicine and in ayurveda also it is widely used in purified and processed form which is known as swarna bhasma. It has a wide variety of uses in ayurveda so it is used in many formulations due to which it increases the potency and action of the formulation. According to ayurvedic texts gold is of 5 types- Prakrit, Sahaj, originated from vahin, Originated from Khanij (Ore) and originated through the rasendra vedh. Swarna bhasma has spherical gold nanoparticles of the size 5-20 nm.
Ingredients Used In Swarn Bhasma
Swarna bhasma has the following ingredients:
- Shuddha swarna (Purified gold)
- Nimbu (Citrus limon)
- Shuddha parada (Purified mercury)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Rasaratna samuchchaya ]
Description Of Used Ingredients
All the ingredients have special medicinal properties which are mentioned below:
- Shuddha swarna – It is unctuous, aphrodisiac, nourishing, improves intelligence, increases digestive fire, treats tuberculosis, treats all kinds of diseases, balances all the three doshas of the body. Resultant taste conversion after digestion is sweet. Improves anorexia, increases wellness of the person.
- Nimbu – It is sour in taste, light to digest with piercing nature. Taste conversion after digestion is sour and the potency is hot. Due to its sour nature it is helpful in purifying the parada and increases its potency. Mixing mercury with the lemon juice helps in glowing up the mercury and removes any impurity and toxins from it.
- Shuddha parad – Purified mercury is used after grounding it with the lemon juice. It is the most important metal used in rasashastra. It has all the six tastes i.e sweet, sour, astringent, pungent, bitter and salty. It is a wonderful metal as it can treat any disease, it can even make a man immortal, it is the best mineral to increase all the tissues of the body, it can combine with all the metals and minerals and increases the effect of the formulation.
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for making this formulation:
- Thin flakes or sheets are made from the purified gold which can be pierced by a needle.
- Than a paste is made by grounding mercury and lemon juice.
- This paste is applied on the plates of the gold.
- It is then heated in a furnace without oxygen.
Following are the medicinal properties of swarna bhasma:
- It can alter the disease
- It acts as an antitoxin
- It has an immunomodulatory action
- It strengthens the nerves
- Protects the heart and vessels
- Has an hepatoprotective action
- It helps in reducing the oxidative stress of the body so acts as an antioxidant
- It helps in treating conditions like paralysis
- Has an anti-inflammatory action
- It acts as antipsychotic
- Treats fever so antipsychotic
- It is a digestive stimulant
- Has an immunomodulatory action
- It is an antidote for any kind of poisoning
It can be taken in the dose of 250 mg per day
Classically it has been indicated in conditions such as:
- Asthma and other breathing difficulties
- Decreased digestive fire
- Toxic effects of poison
- Dushta grahni (IBS)
It can be indicated in conditions such as:
- Can be used for many bacterial and viral infections
- Really effective in treatment of unknown etiology
- Treats all types of fever
- Treats tuberculosis of all the organs
- Treats the upper respiratory tract infections
- Cardiac disorders such as angina pectoris and myocardial weakness
- Neurological disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, trigeminal neuralgia, obsessive-compulsive disorder etc.
- Skin disorders
- Infertility and impotence
- Uterine weakness
- Low immunity and loss of vitality
- All types of cancers
- It does not have any such side effects but when used in impure form it can cause side effects such as it destroys the wellness and strength of a person.
- It should only be taken after the prescription of an expert ayurvedic doctor.
Gold is a very important element from the ayurvedic perspective. It is used in many formulations. Swarna bhasma is a gold preparation which is exclusively made from gold. It is used for many disorders which are mentioned above. Planet ayurveda has used purified gold for making this formulation due to which it is very effective as all the medicines are made without the use of preservatives and chemicals, also it has been passed through all the necessary quality tests.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.