Saptamrit Loha – A Herbal Remedy for maintaining eye health and alleviating various eye disorders.
Saptamrit loha is one of the classical ayurvedic formulations that have been used since ancient times in the field of Ayurveda for maintaining eye health and alleviating various eye disorders. Considered as opening to the soul, the eyes are the most important organ of our body. The eyes have not only one function from reading to writing, writing to cherishing the whole nature around us. Besides this our eyes help in connecting with our loved ones. Although it is typical to improve the quality of life of a person as we set our eyes across huge stress throughout the day while working on a laptop or desktop, watching television and using various technological devices. While practicing all these day to day activities we forget that all this has a lot of consequences if not seems to be taken care of at the time. For taking care of eyes there is the formulation provided by holistic ayurvedic science named as saptamrit loha along with it this formulation has some other benefits. So let’s discuss further all about Saptamrit loha.
Ingredients Used in Saptamrit Loha
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Loha bhasma (calyx of iron)
- Cow’s ghee
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Bhaishajya ratnavali ]
Description Of The Ingredients
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) consists of netrya properties due to which it is very effective in maintaining the overall eye health as well in alleviating the eye disorders. It consists of the various ayurvedic properties such as madhura rasa (sweet taste), guru (heavy) and snigdha (unctuous) properties and cold potency. Yashtimadhu is mainly effective in managing the eye health disorders such as low vision, burning sensation in eyes, dryness in eyes and the vataj and pittaj eye disorders.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis): Amla (Emblica officinalis) Consists of various properties such as sour, bitter, sweet, pungent, astringent taste, cold potency and acts as a miraculous rasayana (rejuvenator). The antioxidant properties of amla prevents any kind of degeneration in the eyes that aids in maintaining and improving the eyesight.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica): Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) has chakshushya and rasayana effect which helps in preventing good eye health as well as alleviating the eye disorders. It is considered as mainly effective in case of myopia, cataract, conjunctivitis and corneal opacity.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) has five rasa (taste) which includes katu (pungent), kashaya (pungent), tikta (bitter), madhura (sweet) and amla (sour). The properties of haritaki are light and dry with hot potency. Due to the mentioned properties this herb is effective in relieving mainly vataj and kaphaj eye disorders and somehow pittaj also.
- Loha bhasma (Calyx of iron): Loha bhasma (calyx of iron) consists of nourishing, coolant and kapha-pitta shamak effect. This calyx is effective in promoting proper blood circulation to the eyes thus preventing any kind of degenerative changes in the eyes and manages various eye disorders.
Method Of Preparation
It is prepared by using the following method:
- Firstly each herb is dried and powdered separately.
- Mix 1 part of each herb along with 1 part of loha bhasma.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and make pills out of them.
- Now store these pills in an airtight container for further uses and place the container in a cool and dry place.
- First of all saptamrit loha is beneficial as chakshushya (improves eye health).
- It acts as a natural detoxifier.
- Helps in balancing the production of stomach acid.
- This ayurvedic formulation aids in preventing degeneration of the body cells.
- The herbal remedy is quite effective in maintaining the digestive health.
Dosha Karma (Effect On Dosha)
It pacifies tridosha
250-500 mg twice daily
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
Drishti Mandya (low eye vision)
The following are some indications of Saptamrit Loha:
- Naktandhya (night blindness)
- Netra Shushkta (Dry eye)
- Abhighaat (eye injury)
- Stabdha netra (eye stiffness)
- Nakulandhya (defective vision)
- Vataj and pittaj roga
- Aavila (Dirt)
- Sirahrsha (Acute orbital cellulitis)
- Abhishyanda (Conjunctivitis)
- Adimantha (Glaucoma)
- Sirotpata (hyperemia in eye)
- Anaha (abdominal pain)
- Amla pitta (hyperacidity)
- Mutraghata (urinary obstruction)
- Shonit Sthapana (Bleeding disorders)
- It should be taken under strict guidance of an Ayurvedic Physician.
- If you may take medicine on your own it will cause side effects.
- Overdose may lead to severe gastritis.
- Take the medicine in less dosage and for a short period of time then start it by maintaining a gap of sometime.
Advantages Of Taking Saptamrit Loha By Planet Ayurveda
As many of the pharmacies are preparing saptamrit loha but due to the following mentioned points Saptamrit Loha is advantageous:
- Saptamrit loha is prepared under the strict guidance of M.D. Ayurveda experts.
- It consists of 100% pure ingredients like yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), amalaki (Emblica officinalis), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and loha bhasma (calyx of iron).
- The herbo-mineral remedy is free from any kind of additives and preservatives such as gums, resins, color, fiber, etc and any kind of synthetic material.
- The preparation is prepared under the strict guidance of M.D. Ayurveda practitioners are free from any kind of synthetic material so the remedy if taken under advised dosage could not produce any kind of side effect.
Saptamrit loha by Planet Ayurveda is an classical ayurvedic formulation available in tablet form. It consists of ingredients such as yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica), amalaki (Emblica officinalis), loha bhasma (calyx of iron). The formulation has the best effect as chakshushya (good for eye health) along with this effect the herbo-mineral formulation acts as antioxidant and a good detoxifier. Saptamrit loha can be given in case of digestion related issues such as hyperacidity, gas, bloating and the conditions associated with the urinary system. So if you are having any of these health concerns then you can consume these tablets with the advice of an ayurvedic practitioner.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.