Panchamrit parpati is widely used in Grahani roga (Inflammatory Bowel disease). Inflammatory bowel disease is the autoimmune disorder which is characterized by the chronic inflammation of the intestines. It is an umbrella term used to describe two diseases that come under this broad term IBD i.e. ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. The difference is that in ulcerative colitis large intestines are involved and in Crohn’s disease small intestines are involved. These both diseases are usually characterized by diarrhea, rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, fatigue and weight loss. So in this article we are going to discuss one of the Ayurvedic remedy i.e. Panchamrit parpati which is very effective in Grahani roga.
Panchamrit parpati is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from herbal and mineral combination which is mainly indicated in ulcerative colitis. It is used in the treatment of diarrhea, bleeding, abdominal pain etc. It contains five mineral compounds which are very effective in treating chronic disorders. Parpati is a word which denotes Parpata means Papad. It is made by processing purified mercury and purified sulphur together. Panchamrit parpati has digestive, carminative properties.
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury) – 40 gm
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) – 40 gm
- Loha Bhasma (Iron calx) – 40 gm
- Abhrak Bhasma (Mica calx) – 40 gm
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper calx) – 40 gm
Reference – Ayurveda Sar Sangreha/Parpati prakaran/556
Description of The Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada : This is a silver coloured semi liquid metal. It is a very effective drug for health problems. It is one of the important and most valuable core ingredients in Rasaushadhi. It balances all three dosha. Also it enhances the properties of ingredients when it is compounded with other ingredients. Its actions are aphrodisiac, tonic, rasayan (rejuvenating) etc.
- Shuddha Gandhak : This is a pure form of sulphur and used in many chronic diseases. It is a yellowish substance found in nature. It is a good blood purifier and useful in many blood related problems. It aids in digestion and prevents the body from chronic diseases such as ulcerative colitis etc. It is a well known mineral which is helpful in skin disorders.
- Loha Bhasma : It is a complex herbo-mineral preparation. It is an effective remedy for fever, anemia etc. This bhasma is prepared from iron by a calcination process which is called Puta in Ayurveda. It is also beneficial in eye and skin and digestive disorders.
- Abhrak Bhasma : It is prepared from repeated incineration of mica with the decoction of various medicinal herbs. It has been used in the treatment of bronchial asthma, bronchitis, bleeding disorders, cough, cold, anemia, reproductive problems etc.
- Tamra Bhasma : It is a copper calx used in the treatment of liver and spleen disorders. It helps in pacifying Pitta dosha and treats all the pitta disorders. It is also helpful in abdominal pain, heart disease, anemia, loss of appetite etc.
Method of Preparation
- From Parada and Gandhak, prepare kajjali in first step
- Add rest of the ingredients in this prepared kajjali
- Then just heat this mixture over the low flames until it get melted
- When this mixture get melted then pressed this formulation in between two plates or in between two flat utensils or in between the leaves of banana tree to get papad shaped parpati
- The obtained formulation is called panchamrit parpati
Panchamrit parpati is used in the treatment of IBD. It is helpful in malabsorption syndrome, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, bleeding etc. This is the best parpati among all parpati preparations because other parpati are used for specific diseases but this panchamrit parpati is used in every digestive ailment. It provides strength to the Intestines and helps in proper digestion and absorption of the food particles. It promotes liver functions and helps in liver disorders also. In chronic diarrhea we can give Swarna parpati along with panchamrit parpati. In children, it is used in the treatment of seizures (give this parpati along with Dry date).
Dosha Karma (Effects On Dosha)
It balances vata, pitta and kapha doshas
125-250 mg twice a day with honey and powder of Jeera (Cumini cyminum)
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
Grahani roga (IBD)
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Abdominal pain
- Bleeding disorders
- Intestinal tuberculosis
- It should be taken under the medical advice
- Avoid taking in pregnancy and lactating women
- Avoid overdose of this medicine
This is the safest herbal formulation. As we saw that this parpati is best among all the other parpati preparations and is useful in treating ulcerative colitis. If you want to get rid of these chronic inflammatory conditions then use this wonder Ayurv edic remedy for better and long lasting results.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.