Everyone loves pearls but they are not aware of the fact that the outer cover (Oyster shell) can be very beneficial according to the ayurveda. It is very useful in many disorders when used in purified and processed form. It contains chemical constituents such as calcium carbonate and conchilin. It can be used in pitta related disorders which are in nir-ama state (Without toxins).
Ingredients Used in Mukta Shukti Pishti
- Mukta Shukti – Pearl oyster
- Rose Water
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Siddha Yoga Sangraha ]
Description Of The Ingredients
All the ingredients have specific medicinal properties, one should know the medicinal properties of each and every ingredient to know the overall action of the product;
- Mukta Shukti: It is used after the purification process of the pearl oyster, It is pungent in taste and has a sweet resultant taste after digestion. It is unctuous in nature. It is helpful in treating conditions such as abdominal colic, angina (Chest pain). It is also carminative, relieves anorexia. Also helpful in treating respiratory tract disorders, and abdominal disorders.
Method Of Preparation
It is prepared by the following method of preparation:
- Purified shukti is grinded to form a fine powder.
- This powder is mixed or beaten in for 21 days in mortar and pestle by using rose water.
This medication has the following medicinal properties mentioned below;
- It acts as an antacid
- Strengthens heart so acts as an antiarrhythmic
- Relieves joint pain so known as anti-arthritic
- It helps in treating allergy known as antihistamine
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces the oxidative stress so acts as an antioxidant
- It is a digestive stimulant
- It is cold in potency
- Resultant taste conversion after digestion is sweet
- Pacifies pitta and kapha dosha from the body
- It has effects on tissues such as rasa, rakta, mansa and asthi
It can be taken in the dose of 250-500 mg
Classically it is indicated in disorders such as:
- Kshaya (Emaciation)
- Chronic fever
- Burning in the eyes
- Gas in the abdomen
- Pittaj gulma (Abdominal tumor due to pitta dosha)
- Shwasa (Asthma)
- Heart disorders
- Parinamshool (Pain during digestion)
- Pain in liver
- Vomiting due to vitiated pitta dosha
- Pittaatisar (Loose motion due to pitta dosha)
- Vidagdajirna (Burning sensation in throat and sulfur burps)
- Raktapradar (Menorrhagia)
It can be indicated in disorders such as acidity as it is coolant in nature, It is also used in chronic gastritis, duodenal ulcers, heartburn, treating peptic and mouth ulcers and also pain related to it. Ulcers of colon (Ulcerative colitis, loss of appetite, Indigestion, Gas or flatulence, bloating and abdominal distension. It is also good for the bones and joint health. It can also be used in the treatment of bronchitis, heart diseases, and toxic conditions. Mukta shukti has a calming effect on the stomach. For the treatment of eye disorders like burning sensation of the eyes, itching of the eye, allergic eye conditions etc. it is also used for bleeding disorders.
There are no side effects known of this product but it is advised to take this medication under the prescription of an ayurvedic physician.
It is powder preparation which is made from the oyster shell and it is available in planet ayurveda stores. Planet ayurveda is a GMP certified company and all the medications which are provided by the planet Ayurveda are pure and without any preservatives or chemicals. Made using the finest of herbs which are potent in action.