In ancient times, Ayurveda was the only way to treat patients. Ayurveda is a holistic medicine science which gives us holistic healing with ayurvedic herbs along with some lifestyle and dietary modifications. Today we are going to put a limelight on one of the classical herbal formulations named Kaharva pishti which is helpful in mainly bleeding disorders and its overall use and preparations.
Ayurveda Sar Sangreh/Shodhan marana prakarn/111
Kaharva pishti is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is prepared from Amber of succinite. Pishti is a fine powder of mineral compounds that absorb into the body easily. It has similar efficacy like bhasma medicines. Pishti is prepared by purified gems or minerals that are processed in herbal juices to form a pishti. This ayurvedic mineral preparation is used for bleeding disorders due to its haemostatic properties. This pishti is also called as Trinakantamani Pishti. Kaharva is just like a gum, very bright and yellow in colour. Kaharva density is 2.2 and its specific gravity is 1.1.
- Gulab jal (Rose water)
Description of The Ingredients
- Kaharva : This is a gold colored mineral which is like a gum and extra shiny in nature. This is used in menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, and diarrhea. It is also beneficial in excessive uterine bleeding, diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease etc. It has antacid, antiparasitic properties.
- Rose Water : This water has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. These properties can help clean and fight the infections. It helps soothe skin irritation, reduces skin redness, has antioxidant properties, relieves headaches, and soothes digestion problems.
Method of Preparation
- Take the small pieces of Kaharva and make fine powder
- Filtrate this powder well
- This filtrated powder is ground with Rose water for 10-12 days
- When this mixture is properly mixed with rose water then keep this formulation in a glass container
Kaharva pishti is a classical ayurvedic formulation used in the treatment of bleeding disorders. This is a herbo-mineral formulation in a powder form that helps in menstrual problems. It has various properties such as Raktapittahara (Cures bleeding diseases), Hridaya (Heart Tonic) etc properties. This formulation is also used in inflammatory conditions, ulcers, indigestion, menorrhagia, leucorrhea etc. It gives strength to the liver, stomach, heart and urinary system.
- In Burns : This pishti is locally applied on burnt areas with murdasang (Lead oxide), kabila (Mallotus Philippensis) and Cow’s ghee.
- In Pittaj Disorders : Use 250 mg pishti with Amal murabba (Jam of Emblica officinalis) or pomegranate juice or Cow’s milk
- In Ulcerative Colitis : Give this pishti with Kutajarishta
- In Piles : Use kaharva pishti with isabgol mixed with mishri (refined sugar)
Dosha Karma (Effects on Dosha)
- It balances Pitta and Rakta dosha
- 125 to 375 mg, once or twice a day with honey or butter
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
- Raktaj vikar (Bleeding disorders)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Worm infestation in the brain
- Uterine bleeding
- Urine retention
- Take this formulation with the advice of Ayurvedic physician
- Overdose will lead to severe headache
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactating mother
At last we can say the above provided information is right and true. Kaharva pishti is mainly used in bleeding disorders. If someone is suffering from above mentioned problems then you must follow this Ayurvedic formulation for better results. You can try Planet Ayurveda Kaharva pishti for the mentioned disease. The products of Planet Ayurveda are very effective.