Best Herbal Supplements for Increasing Glutathione Levels
|1||Gleaming Skin, Hair, Nails||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|2||Manjishtha Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Immune Booster||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|4||Amalaki Rasayan||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|5||Saffron-Almond Body Butter||1 Jar (100gm.)|
Glutathione is a natural antioxidant found in vegetables, fruits and meat. It is also seen in human cells, which helps to produce proteins in the system. This antioxidant is super potent for repairing the cellular component damage occurred due to the species of reactive oxygen like heavy metals or free radicals.
Along with protein production and tissue repairing, glutathione is also capable of immune boosting and modulation and also aids in restructuring as a potential neurotransmitter. This ‘magic wonder’ even improves metabolism and involved in stress management.
Naturally, glutathione is produced by the liver, which makes it special as the human body fails to prepare most of the other antioxidants. But to improve the levels of glutathione in the body, one should take supplementation, either by food or medicine.
The dynamic abilities of glutathione are indefinite. It includes:-
- Managing eye disorders that can lead to loss of vision like cataract and glaucoma
- Slows down the aging process
- Preventing the conditions like alcoholism
- Good friend of respiratory system, even helps in asthma management
- A potential immune booster which can be made use in the management of AIDS or chronic fatigue syndrome
- Liver health promoter especially when hepatitis attacks the liver
- Cardiac tonic, which helps to improve the blood circulation and preventing blood clotting even in patients with atherosclerosis (hardened artery)
- Prevents tired blood and thus used in anaemia treatment
- Promoting kidney health and used in diabetes treatment too
- Memory enhancer and hence used in memory loss or Alzheimer’s disease
- Curbs the poisonous effects of chemotherapy
- Treating male infertility, as it helps in forming male sperms
- Even improves the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Enhances the athletic performance
Glutathione and Skin
Glutathione may be the most common medicine taken orally for skin whitening. It can also be used as skin creams externally. The depigmenting effects of glutathione are still under research but still this widely used substance globally for melanin reduction in the body. The antimelanogenic property of glutathione makes it a wonder medicine for treating hyperpigmentation. Its immense help rendered for regenerating vitamin C and vitamin E (beauty vitamin) makes it the best for skin complexion and glow.
Even these are some unopposed truths on glutathione, direct use of the medicine either orally or intravenously may also become potentially harmful to the body. Even some governments banned the intravenous use glutathione.
Here comes the role of Ayurveda science. Ayurveda offers its extended help to enhance the glutathione levels in the body through safe medications. Even without the direct extracts of glutathione, this ancient and divine science promotes the skin glow.
The decreased levels of glutathione in the body can be easily related to vata aggravation as per Ayurveda theories.
Karshya karshnya usha kaamithva kampa anaha sakrtgrhaan //
(Ashtangahridaya, Sutra Sthana, Chapter 11)
Bala varna sukha ayushman upaghataya, mano vyaharshayati //
(Caraka Samhita, Sutra Sthana, Chapter 12, Sloka 6)
Emaciation, blackish pigmentation, longing for hot, tremors, bloating and constipation are the main features of aggravated vata. An aggravated vata destroys the strength, complexion, happiness and creates stress in mind.
Skin Glow through Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers herbal help to enhance the glutathione levels which strengthens the immune system and improves skin glow. Its glutathione herbal pack includes Amalaki Rasayan, Immune Booster, Manjishtha Capsules, Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula and Cleopatra Anti-Aging Body Butter.
1. Amalaki Rasayan
This is a single herbal capsule formulation featuring ‘Amalaki’ (Indian gooseberry, Emblica officinalis) as the main hero. Obviously, Amalaki is one of the most celebrated drugs in Ayurveda. It also possesses a Sanskrit synonym called “Dhatri” and it means mother. Amalaki nurses every individual as a mother. One who wishes for longevity, strength and vigor should have rejuvenative medicine and the classic example for rejuvenation (Rasayana) is Amalaki. This anti-aging capsule not only bolsters your immunity but also improves your intellect, memory, glow, longevity and fire. Amalaki is the richest source of Vitamin C, the very powerful antioxidant which helps in immune modulation. This aphrodisiac wonder berry, fight against free radicals and reduces inflammatory signs and thus improves the eye sight. It’s regenerative, cooling, relaxing, and anti-inflammatory and vision improving effects makes Amalaki the foremost medicine for improving glutathione levels.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily.
2. Immune Booster
These capsules are wonderful combination of immune enhancing ingredients like:-
- Grape seeds (Vitis Vinifera)
- Green tea (Camellia Sinesis)
- Bhumi amalaki (Phyllanthus Niruri)
- Colostrum of cow
Bhumi Amalaki takes the charge of spleen and liver. The birthplace of blood is liver and its death place is spleen. This production and destruction is controlled by bhumi amalaki. The nourisher and rejuvenator, the Colostrum of cow improves cellular intelligence. Grape seeds are filled with antioxidants and are excellent remedies for hypertension. It improves venous sufficiency and balances blood cholesterol levels. By improving the blood flow, it can curb all the conditions which can potentially risk with heart diseases and diabetes. Green tea also improves blood circulation and is a great antioxidant. This is used even from ancient times to remove dark circles and dullness of face.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily.
3. Gleaming Skin, Hair, Nails
This is an excellent formulation that makes your skin radiant and healthy. The herbs used are manjishta (rubia cordifolia), chirata (swetia chiretta), pitta papda (fumaria officinalis) & aloe vera. All these herbs simultaneously purify the blood and this improves the skin glow. It also reduces the symptoms like itching, inflammation, redness, and fight epidermal super infections.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily.
4. Manjishtha Capsules
Manjistha (rubia cordifolia) is the most used herb for skin. It is an overall system enhancer with its specific effects on skin. It normalizes the liver function and thus improving the blood quality. Definitely, a good quality renders perfect skin. Manjishta is widely used for skin rashes and hyperpigmentation.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily.
5. Soffron-Almond Body Butter
It is an ayurvedic herbal cream which is patented by Planet ayurveda. It contains many herbal ingredients which are really good for the skin and makes the skin healthy and glowing. Helps in improving the complexion of the body. This product is helpful in providing nourishment to the skin and removes all the dark spots from the skin. It contains.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Shea butter (Vitellaria paradoxa) – It is a creamy substance extracted from the nuts of the karite nut trees. It acts as an excellent moisturizer which is best for the aging and wrinkled skin as it is claimed to benefit in cell rejuvenation. It also provides a cream base for this product as it contains many fatty acids, It is also used for different skin conditions like burns, ulcers and stretch marks etc.
- Almond oil (Prunus dulcis)- Almonds are known to treat the vata disorders, as vata causes dryness of the skin so it will help in relieving dryness or itchiness of the skin as it also contains many types of natural oils and antioxidants. Antioxidants will help in preventing aging. It also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties due to which it will help in fighting infections of skin.
- Saffron extract (Crocus sativus) – Extracts of the stamens saffron flower is used which is snigdha in nature so it will prevents drying of skin, bitter in taste so will help in balancing pitta dosha of the skin (Bhrachak pitta) and makes skin glow. In ayurveda it is known to improve the skin complexion (Varnya), helps in improving skin tone and complexion (Kantida), also cleanses and detoxifies the wounds of the skin like acne (Vrana shodhana) etc.
- Sunflower seed oil (Helianthus annuus) – It helps in relieving the inflammation of the skin, replenishing or nourishing the skin’s barrier. Sunflower oil is helpful in improving the texture and feel of the skin, also acts as an emollient (Prevents dryness and nourishes skin). It also has vitamin E, which is good for removing the dark spots from the skin and makes it healthy and glowing. Olive fruit oil (Olea europaea) – It is rich in vitamins and minerals with natural fatty acids. It is also good for sensitive skin as it comes from the natural origin.
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants so it will be helpful in preventing skin aging and prevents the sign of aging. It helps in nourishing, rejuvenating and protects the skin. It contains vitamin E, which is really good for the skin. Vitamin E provides nourishment and keeps healthy skin.
Usage – External application only.
Along with these magic medicines, try to balance your diet and include more with cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale and watercress. Avocado, spinach, okra, asparagus and turmeric are the richest sources of natural glutathione. Sleep well and exercise regularly.