(Reference: Ashtang Hridyam, Chapter 8, Shlok no. 4 & 5)
MEANING OF THIS SHLOKA
In Ayurveda, it is said that due to excess eating of food, Vata and other doshas get aggravated together and associating with the undigested and vitiated food (Ama), produces disorders. It causes alasaka (indigestion + constipation) by blocking the movement of food inside the alimentary canal and Visuchika (gastro enteritis) by expelling out the undigested food in both upward and downward directions causing diarrhoea and vomiting simultaneously. This is commonly seen in persons who cannot stop their craze for eating.
So, in Ayurveda, the concept of gastro-enteritis is clearly mentioned and the cause is also explained. Due to over-eating or excessive consumption of food, there is indigestion and production of Ama.
WHAT IS THE CONCEPT OF AMA DOSHA IN AYURVEDA?
(Reference: Ashtang Hridyam, Chapter No. 8, Sholok no. 13 & 14).
According to this shlok, a person who takes incompatible foods, takes excess food, over eats undigested food, develops the dreaded “Amadosha” which is similar to poison. Hence, it is also called Amavisha (undigested food poison).
To solve problem of indigestion, Planet Ayurveda has come up with Ayurvedic Digestion Syrup “Digesto Plan”. It is an Ayurvedic tonic to reduce the problems of indigestion due to its nutritional value. This syrup contains pure herbs which promote healthy digestion and herbs used in this formulation also support healthy metabolism. It has various other properties such as it acts as carminative, digestive, stimulant, anti-oxidant etc.
- This formula enhances the secretion of digestive enzymes, improves digestion and absorption of food.
- It has relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the abdomen and relieves uncomfortable abdominal muscle spasms.
- This syrup expels out gas from the intestines and relieves bloating of the stomach.
- It contains various herbal ingredients that prevent the formation of Ama or endotoxins as it ignites the digestive fire.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS OF PLANET AYURVEDA’S DIGESTO PLAN SYRUP?
Each 10 ml syrup contains standardized extracts of:
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Quantity|
1-2 teaspoonful twice a day or as prescribed by Ayurvedic practitioner.
WHAT ARE THE KEY INDICATIONS OF DIGESTO PLAN SYRUP?
- It is the best syrup for indigestion. Indigestion includes number of gastro-intestinal complaints such as belching, flatulence, upset stomach, bloating etc.
- Digesto Plan Syrup is useful in the treatment of recurring gastritis. Gastritis means the inflammation of the mucosal lining of the stomach which results in uneasy and uncomfortable feeling continuously. The symptoms of gastritis include dyspepsia (indigestion), abdominal pain, loss of appetite, vomiting etc.
- It also helps in the treatment of acid reflux or the production of less acid in the stomach by stabilizing the normal pH of the stomach because an imbalanced pH is the root cause of all the problems related to digestion.
- The most common digestive complaints are abdominal bloating and flatulence. This syrup works well on these disorders as well due to the presence of carminative herbs. It gives quick relief from stomach ailments like stomach ache, indigestion and gas.
- Indigestion also causes abdominal pain. It is caused due to the presence of gas in the intestine. This syrup is quite effective in abdominal pain.
- This syrup improves overall digestion by working on the root cause of the problem.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF USING DIGESTO PLAN SYRUP BY PLANET AYURVEDA?
Planet Ayurveda has manufactured this unique herbal formulation as per the industry standards and there are several reasons that make it superior than the other products. They are:
- Planet Ayurveda uses only pure extracts for the manufacturing of products.
- Natural herbs are used in the manufacturing of this product.
- This product is free from chemicals and preservatives.
- Testing of Planet Ayurveda’s products are not done on animals.
- Planet Ayurveda offers quality products at reasonable prices.
- This product is free from side effects as it contains pure and natural ingredients.