Effective Herbal Remedies for Atopic Dermatitis in Children
|1||Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula||2 Bottles (120 Capsules)|
|2||Neem Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Gandhak Rasayan||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|4||Dermat Tablets||1 Bottle (250 Tablets)|
About Atopic Dermatitis in Children
Atopic Dermatitis is the most common form of eczema and is chronic which is generally long lasting.
Causes of Atopic Dermatitis
According to modern medicine, it is a non-infectious inflammation of the skin characterised by scaling, edema, vesiculations and oozing.
The term eczema has been used for many centuries to designate various rapidly developing skin conditions. In various stages of eczema, the principal role in its cause and pathogenesis was attributed to the nervous system, the endocrine glands, the allergic state of the body, hereditary factors etc.
But it is admitted that the cause and even the pathogenesis of eczema are extremely complicated.
The two basic causes of Atopic Dermatitis are:
- Allergic or sensitive skin
- Exposure to an irritant
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is not known by modern medical science. Certain factors flare up the irritants like preservatives, dyes and other substances, various household products etc. It may be often triggered by foods such as chocolates, citrus fruits, nuts, non-vegetarian food etc.
If someone in the family suffers from atopic dermatitis, there is a strong risk that children in the family may also suffer.
Many research shows that there is a link between atopic dermatitis as well as asthma or hay fever. That’s why, doctors monitor children with atopic dermatitis for the future development of these two diseases.
Stress is also a triggering factor for atopic dermatitis.
According to Ayurveda, some common causes of Atopic Dermatitis are:
- Excessive intake of oily, fatty and heavy to digest foods.
- Suppression of natural urges.
- Eating incompatible foods
- Bathing with cold water immediately after intense exposure to the sun and after exertion.
- Eating food during indigestion or when the previous meal is not completely digested.
- Excessive consumption of curd, yogurt, fish, salted foods etc.
Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis in Children
- Redness and rash
- Skin that is very dry and scaly
- Open, crushed and weepy sores
- Rashes can be seen behind child’s ears, on their feet or scalp.
- Scratch marks are often present.
- If the skin becomes infected, it may form a yellow crust or very small pus bumps.
- Skin may become thicker known as lichenification which may result from too much scratching as well as rubbing.
In children, atopic dermatitis usually appears in the folds of elbows, hands or knees.
Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis in Children
In modern medicine, various topical medications are prescribed which are applied on the skin. Certain treatments such as phototherapy (a form of light treatment) and immune-suppressant drugs are prescribed which suppress the system instead of curing the disease.
The treatment of Atopic Dermatitis in Ayurveda includes the balance of doshas. Itching according to Ayurveda is caused by the aggravation of Kapha and Vata doshas. Inflammation and pain are caused by the imbalance of Pitta and Vata doshas. Oozing, on the other hand denotes aggravated Pitta and Kapha doshas. In chronic lesions, all the three doshas need to be treated simultaneously.
Herbal Remedies for Atopic Dermatitis in Children by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Derma Support Pack (For Children 3 to 12 Years) for ayurvedic treatment of atopic dermatitis in children. These herbal remedies are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herbs; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives. These herbal remedies are prepared under the supervision of renowned Ayurveda experts.
1. Radiant Skin and Nails Formula
Planet Ayurveda has manufactured 100% pure herbal formula for the patients suffering from atopic dermatitis. These capsules work from inside and contain natural ingredients that aid in skin cell repair and growth. These capsules help in providing firmness, smoothness and elasticity to the skin. It helps in reliving eczema naturally.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily.
2. Neem Capsules
Neem Capsules by Planet Ayurveda contains standardised extracts of the bark Azadirachta indica in pure vegetarian capsules. The medicinal properties of neem are known to Indians since time immemorial. It is cooling, bitter, astringent in nature. It is widely used in the various skin disorders. It gives excellent results in atopic dermatitis as well.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily.
3. Gandhak Rasayan
The word Rasayana means rejuvenation. Regular use of this product gives lustre to the skin and also improves its aura. It helps in improving the immune system, longevity as well as eliminates the harmful effects. It is a good as well as an effective remedy for all the skin diseases. It is an excellent remedy for flushing out toxins from the body.
Dose: 1 tablet twice daily.
4. Dermat Tablets
Dermat is an herbal formulation acting systemically as well as locally and fights various skin disorders. It is a best skin care product enriched with novel phyto-constituents. It repairs the skin and helps to heal the breakouts by detoxifying the impurities. It helps in improving the blood supply to the skin by toning the microvasculature which is the natural treatment of the skin and provides healthy and glowing skin.
Dose: 1 tablet twice daily.
All these herbal remedies offered by Planet Ayurveda contain bitter and Pitta balancing herbs with blood purifying, detoxing and skin soothing properties.
Diet and Lifestyle
- Stay hydrated and maintain a regular bowel movement.
- Avoid suppressing natural urges.
- Include clarified butter (cow’s ghee) in the diet as it is considered good for atopic dermatitis. Use cow’s ghee for cooking instead of using refined oils.
- Include vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes in the diet.
- Wear loose, cotton clothes and avoid wearing synthetic fibres as to prevent perspiration.
- Avoid foods that are spicy, sour, fatty and heavy to digest food items.
- Avoid refrigerated food. Always eat freshly prepared food.
- Dusting powders of herbs like turmeric, neem is very useful in reducing excessive secretion and oozing.
- All foods which cause imbalance of kapha doshas like dairy products should be eliminated as they worsen itching.