Effective Herbal Remedies for Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM)
|1||Total Heart Support||2 Bottles (120 Capsules)|
|2||Arjuna Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Punarnava Capsules||2 Bottles (120 Capsules)|
|4||Punarnava Mandur||2 Bottles (240 Tablets)|
|5||Arjun Tea||2 Packs (125gms Each)|
WHAT IS DCM (DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY)?
This condition occurs when heart’s ability to pump blood gets decreased because its left ventricle (pumping chamber) is enlarged and weakened.
WHAT ARE SYMPTOMS OF DCM
Mostly people with dilated cardiomyopathy don’t have symptoms or with the minor symptoms. Whereas other develop the symptoms which may get progress as heart function worsen. Symptoms may include –
- Shortness of breath
- Palpitations (fluttering in the chest due to abnormal heart rhythms)
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Chest pain
- Swelling of legs and feet
- Formation of blood clots due to blood flowing more slowly through the body. If a blood clot breaks off, it can be carried to the lungs (pulmonary emboli), kidney (renal emboli), brain (cerebral emboli or stroke), or limbs (peripheral emboli).
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF DCM?
Many cases of dilated cardiomyopathy are idiopathic where an exact cause is not known. Sometimes it can be inherited. Other causes may include –
- Thyroid diseases
- Severe coronary artery disease
- Drugs intake which are toxic to heart
- Viral infections of the heart
- Heart valve abnormalities
- In women after delivery (postpartum cardiomyopathy)
METHOD OF DIAGNOSIS FOR DCM (DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY)?
- Family history
- Blood tests
- Chest X-ray
- Cardiac catheterization
- Myocardial biopsy, or heart biopsy (Rare cases)
PLANET AYURVEDA’S HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR DCM?
1. TOTAL HEART SUPPORT CAPSULES
These capsules are formulated by Planet Ayurveda to support the healthy heart functions. They are prepared from the standardized extracts of herb given below-
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis)
Benefits: Herbs mentioned are packed with cardiovascular and antioxidants properties which help to strengthen the heart muscles and maintain the healthy heart functions. In the case of DCM they help to manage the symptoms like chest pain, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, lightheadedness etc.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. ARJUNA CAPSULES
Arjuna capsules are prepared from the standardized extract of herb Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna). It is famous herb in Ayurveda to manage the heart problems. This herb helps to maintain the healthy blood flow and eliminates the toxins from body. Moreover, it is rich in Coenzyme Q 10 that provides energy to the weakened heart muscles and helps to improve its functions.
Dosage: One capsule two times daily with plain water after meals.
3. PUNARNAVA CAPULSES
Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) is known to be an effective herb to maintain the healthy heart functions. Punarnava is made up of two words ( Puna means again and ‘nava’ means new) that means it revitalizes the body system. It also acts as mild diuretic and eliminates the toxins from body. It also helps to maintain the healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times in a day with plain water after meals.
4. PUNARNAVA MANDUR
Planet Ayurveda’s punarnava mandoor is prepared from the combination of herbs and natural ingredients like Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Pippali, (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Haridra, (Curcuma longa), Mandoor Bhasma (Ferric oxide calx) etc. All these herbs support the overall health.
Dosage: 2 tablets thrice daily, after meals with plain water.
5. ARJUN TEA
It is an amazing herbal formulation from the house of Planet Ayurveda for good heart health. It is packed with the natural flavonoids, natural cardiac glycosides which support the healthy heart functions. It is prepared by the combination of various which possess the cardiovascular properties. Regular intake of this herbal tea helps in the detoxification of body. Herbs used in the formulation are given below:
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa)
- Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala)
- Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamom)
Direction for Use:
- Put one cup of water and 1 cup of milk in a pan or 2 cups of water only if preparing without milk.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Arjun tea and then stir the mixture.
- Boil the mixture and simmer it on low heat. Boil until it reduces to one cup.
- Strain the tea and add sweetener if needed (drink without sugar).