EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR ATOPIC DERMATITIS PACK FOR LITTLE BABIES
|1.||Radiant Skin, Hair, Nails Lotion||1 Bottle (100ml)|
|2.||Dermo Plan Syrup||2 Bottles (200ml Each)|
|3.||Livo Plan Syrup||2 Bottles (200ml Each)|
|4.||Jatyadi Tailam||1 Bottle (100ml)|
|5.||Tea Tree-Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar||2 Bars (125gm Each)|
It is a chronic skin disorder which occurs in babies who can appear at 3-6 months of age. It is a very common condition in children and babies which causes dry, itchy and scaly skin.
In ayurveda it can be correlated with the kushta (skin diseases in ayurveda) under the category of kshudra kushtha named as vicharchika. Acharya charak, vagbhata and sushruta all the three acharyas have mentioned about this type of kushta.
Acharya charaka has described that vicharchika have blackish popular rashes which have itching and exudation from the rashes.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ATOPIC DERMATITIS
Exact causes of the atopic dermatitis are not known but there are some conditions which can be linked with it
- Genetic – This condition can be genetic and passed from parents to the child.
- Immune system – Weak immune system is also responsible for causing the atopic dermatitis.
- External factors – Some conditions can aggravate the eczema like being in cold conditions, using hot water for bathing, using soap, and being in hot and dry weather.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ATOPIC DERMATITIS
Different symptoms which can occur in atopic dermatitis are:
- Dry and scaly skin
- Intense itching
- Swelling and redness on the affected area
- Thick skin
- Paleness of the facial skin
- Small bumps on the skin which are filled with the fluid
- Small rough papules on the face, upper arms and thighs
- Darkness of the skin around the eyes and eyelids
- Urticaria like symptoms
HOW TO DIAGNOSE ATOPIC DERMATITIS
It can also be diagnosed clinically by observing and asking a few questions. But there can be certain tests which can confirm the condition of Atopic dermatitis
- Blood test – Blood can be checked for the levels of IgE in the blood.
- Skin test – It can be done to check other skin conditions.
TREATMENT OF ATOPIC DERMATITIS FROM PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet ayurveda has a special pack for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in babies. As this is the common condition for children and babies with no specific treatment and ayurveda has mentioned a special treatment for the vicharchika kushtha and on the basis of old texts planet ayurveda has made a special pack for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in babies.
LIST OF MEDICATIONS IN ATOPIC DERMATITIS
- RADIANT SKIN, HAIRS, NAILS LOTION
- DERMO PLAN SYRUP
- LIVO PLAN SYRUP
- JATYADI TAILAM
- TEA TREE-ALOE VERA PREMIUM HANDMADE BATHING BAR
1. RADIANT SKIN, HAIRS, NAILS LOTION
this lotion is very effective for healthy skin, hairs and nails. It contains many ingredients which help in fighting fungal and bacterial infections and help in relieving inflammation. It contains:
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa) – Which is known to have very good anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties which helps in curing many skin disorders occurring due to many disorders.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) – Can reduce free radicals and reduce the oxidative stress which is responsible for the inflammatory process in eczema. It is also the best antibacterial and antifungal.
- Jasmine (Jasminum officinale) – It is beneficial in all skin disorders as it has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It is helpful in irritating skin.
- Guggul (Commiphora mukul) – This herb has been helpful in itching and redness or skin discoloration due to eczema. It is also helpful in treating the skin reaction occurring due to the side effects of radiotherapy treatment.
- Malkangani (Celastrus paniculatus) – Leaves have strong wound healing properties which help in reducing pain and inflammation. It is also helpful in treating eczema.
- Sesame (sesamum indicum) – This oil has wound healing properties and has been applied over the rashes of eczema for fast healing.
- Coconut (Cocus nucifera) – Coconut has cooling properties when applied on the eczema wounds and will help in calming the itchiness and burning sensation of the skin. It is also helpful for curing the scars from the rashes of eczema.
- Jivanti (Leptadenia reticulata) – Can be used for the burning sensation of the skin and bleeding disorders.
DOSAGE – Mix with Jatyadi Tailam and apply on the affected area.
2. DERMO PLAN SYRUP
This syrup can be used for the treatment of many skin disorders like acne, sunburn, blemishes etc. it contains many powerful ayurvedic herbs which are able to treat the skin disorders. It contains ingredients like
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) – It acts as a good blood purifying agent it helps in breakdown the blockages in the blood flow and remove the stagnant blood.
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) – This herb has a bitter taste which helps in clearing the rakta vaha srotas (blood channels) of the body and it also helps in balancing the tridoshas and purifies the blood which indirectly helps in treating the skin diseases.
- Chopchini (Smilax china) – Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is helpful in skin disorders by managing inflammation and allergic reactions. Local application of the chopchini is helpful in the management of psoriasis.
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – In ayurveda is known as kushthahara (treats skin diseases) and kandu hara (useful in itching and pruritus).
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) – It has antioxidant properties which helps in decreasing the oxidative stress which leads to the formation of eczema.
- Haridara (Curcuma longa) – This herb is a very good immune modulator and it also has anti-inflammatory properties due to which it is helpful in treating certain skin conditions like eczema, acne, sunburn etc.
- Shobhanjan (Moringa oleifera) – Moringa has antiseptic properties and reduces the inflammation of the skin. It is also used for the treatment of the scars of eczema rashes.
- Khadira (Acacia catechu) – It is mainly used for the treatment of skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, urticaria. It is also used for the treatment of blood disorders. It can also be used for the treatment of leucoderma.
- Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus Indicus) – Can be used for localized pain, indigestion and skin diseases.
- Shahtara (Fumaria officinalis) – It is a very good blood purifier which can be used for redness, irritation, urticaria and skin diseases.
DOSAGE – 1 teaspoon twice daily with warm water.
3. LIVO PLAN SYRUP
This syrup is used for the treatment of respiratory disorders which is made from the herbs which are recommended ayurvedic acharyas for the treatment of cough and cold. It will also be helpful in the treatment of allergies. It has mucolytic and expectorant properties it also reduces the bronchial mucosal irritation and bronchial spasms. It contains ingredients like:
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) – Which is known to increase the immunity and treat respiratory disorders.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – Which is helpful as an expectorant and can be used for the treatment of cough it will also increase the immunity of the patient against the fungal infection.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – This herb is having the hot potency which will help in the eliminating cough, digestion of aama (toxins) which help in treating the autoimmune disorders and it will also act as the catalyst for the other herbs to act.
- It also contains Maricha (Piper nigrum) – These are the medications which will increase the digestive fire and also act as the catalyst for the other medications.
- Kakrashring (Pistacia integerrima) – It is the best herb for treating lung disorders like chronic cough, allergic bronchitis and ABPA etc.
- Vaasaka (Adhatoda vasica) – It is the best expectorant and can be used for the treatment of the allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis as this decreases the production of mucus and works as a fine expectorant.
- Brihad ela (Amomum subulatum) – It is used for respiratory disease, when used with honey it helps in fighting with the cold, this also treats sinusitis.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) – Charaka has mentioned this herb as kaashar (which provides relief from the cough) so this is used for respiratory conditions like ABPA.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – This herb is used to increase the immunity of a person and is able to treat allergic conditions.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) – It is a herb used in its dried form which is used to treat conditions like cough and cold, increase the metabolism, it is also used for the allergic conditions and treat autoimmune disorders.
- lavang (Syzygium armaticum) – This elevates cough and cold and also increases the immunity of a person and this has cold potency but is also good for lungs.
- Kaasmard (Cassia occidentalis) – Cleanses the throat, relieves pain. This has hot potency due to which it is able to treat lung disorders.
- Putiha (Mentha piperita) – This herb calms down the respiratory problems and provides relief from any discomfort of the throat due to cough.
- Nilgiri oil (Eucalyptus globulus) – It is very effective for the relief of nasal congestion and any mucus deposition in the respiratory tract; it also clears out the channels. It contains honey as its base which provides a sweet taste and also it is kashaya which clears out any mucus deposition in the respiratory tract and clears out tract.
DOSAGE – 2 tsp twice daily with warm water.
4. JATYADI TAILAM
This is a classical ayurvedic medication which is mainly used for the treatment of skin disorders, it is also used for the fast healing of wounds. It is applied locally in the affected area. It has an antiseptic, antibacterial property which helps in the treatment of eczema.
It contains many ayurvedic herbs like chameli patra (jasminum officinale) this herb is used for the treatment of wounds, skin diseases, gingivitis and ulcers. It is also used to enhance the complexion; it can also be used for the earaches and discharge from the ear.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) – It is bitter in taste and light to digest, it is also cold in potency so it is able to dry the wounds and ulcers and heal them, it is useful in many skin conditions.
- Patol patra (Trichosanthes dioica) – Acharya charak has told about this herb which is used in powder massage. It can be used in the treatment of many skin disorders like eczema.
- Karanj (Pongamia pinnata) – This herb is mainly used for the treatment of skin diseases as it is bitter, pungent and astringent in taste and balances vata and kapha dosha in the body.
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – It is sweet, heavy and cold in potency. It is known to improve the skin complexion.
- Kusht (Saussurea lappa) – It is an herb which balances kapha and vata dosha. It has a hot potency. External application can be beneficial for the headache, toothache, osteo-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and skin diseases. In ayurvedic texts it has been mentioned as kushtha hara which means it will be able to treat skin disorders.
- Haldi (Curcuma longa) – It is a herb that is very beneficial for the treatment of inflammation. It is used to treat auto-immune disorders and many infectious conditions.
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) – It is used in the treatment of itching, pruritus, acne and urticaria.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) – It is an herb used for the detoxification of the blood, it mitigates pitta dosha due to which it is useful in pitta disorders like skin and eye disorders.
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) – This herb has an astringent taste due to which it is helpful in bleeding disorders and helps in healing wounds and ulcers.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – This herb has all the five tastes except one i.e. salty and it has light and dry properties due to which it helps in balancing all three doshas in the body and helps in relieving inflammation, improves digestion and helps in skin disorders.
- Nilotpala (Nymphaea alba) – This herb is helpful in balancing pitta and kapha dosha in the body.
- Nilathotha (Copper sulfate) – This is a mineral origin drug which has antibiotic properties and acharya charak has mentioned its use in many skin conditions.
- Til tail (Sesamum Indicum) – This herb is used as the base of the oil in which all the other herbs are mixed and cooked. This oil is tridosha balancing in nature but mainly it pacifies vata dosha in the body.
DOSAGE – Apply locally on the affected area twice daily.
Atopic dermatitis is a very common condition in small children. Many children are there who suffer from this skin problem and there is no such cure in the modern medication so we can treat this condition in ayurveda as this disorder is mentioned in ayurveda and also there is mention of treatment in the ayurveda. The above medications have a really good effect in the treatment of the atopic dermatitis. For more information visit www.planetayurveda.com