Effective Herbal Remedies for Acne
|1||Gandhak Rasayan||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|2||Dermo Plan Syrup||3 Bottles (200 ml Each)|
|3||De-Grease Face Wash||1 Bottle (250 ml)|
|4||Anti Ageing Face Serum||1 Bottle (50 ml)|
WHAT IS ACNE?
Acne is a very common skin condition that causes pimples on the forehead, face, chest, upper back, shoulders or sometimes all over the body. It occurs when the hair follicle gets clogged with oil or dead skin cells cause blackheads, whiteheads, or pimples. Acne is generally common among teenagers but it can occur at any age.
In Ayurveda, Acne is known as “Yauvan Pidika” as it occurs mostly in young people (Yuva) and Pidika means papule or pustule or inflammation. Acne is a Pitta dosha predominant disease with Kapha dosha involvement which vitiates the rakta (blood tissues) and meda (fat tissues) dhatus and produce toxins whch further block the Srotas (Microscopic body channels) of the affected area leading to the formation of acne.
TYPES OF ACNE
- Blackheads : are the open bumps on the skin filled with dead skin and excess oil which looks as dirt has clogged in the bump.
- Whiteheads : are the bumps that remain closed by dead skin and oil.
- Papules : are small pink or red bumps that become inflamed.
- Pustules : are the pimples with pus which look like whiteheads surrounded by pink or red rings.
- Fungal acne : occurs due to excess development of yeast in the hair follicles.
- Nodules : are large, painful, solid pimples.
- Cysts : are pus filled pimples that can cause scars.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ACNE?
- Pimples on face, forehead, shoulders, chest, or upeer back
- Closed or open clogged pores
- Red, tender bumps with or without pus
- Painful, pus filled lumps
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ACNE?
- Excess sebum (oil) production
- Hair follicles clogged by dead skin or oil
- Infection due to bacteria or yeast
- Hormonal changes
- Certain medications
- Friction or pressure in skin by items like cellphones, helmets, etc.
WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS OF ACNE?
- Scars (acne scars)
- Keloid (thick scars)
- Skin changes like hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation
TREATMENT OF ACNE – ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
In Ayurveda the root cause of any disease is the imbalance of tridoshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. In Acne or Yauvan Pidika, there is an aggravation of Pitta dosha along with the Kapha dosha. So the line of treatment is based on the pacification of the aggravated dosha. Some Ayurvedic herbs like Lodhra, Turmeric, Shalmali, Chandana, Manjishtha, Kushta, Saariba are used in the management of acne along with some Ayurvedic procedures like Nasya, Raktmokshana, Vamana, Virechana, etc to remove the toxins.
WHAT TREATMENT PLANET AYURVEDA PROVIDES FOR ACNE?
Planet Ayurveda provides an “Acne Care Pack” for acne problems. All these products are free from any chemicals, preservatives, color, starch and yeast. They all are 100% pure herbal formulations. This pack of herbal formulations helps to pacify the Pitta dosha, improve digestion, cleanse the body toxins and also prevent the formulations of Ama (endotoxins).
THIS PACK CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Dermo Plan Syrup
- De-Grease Face Wash
- Anti Aging Face Serum
1. Gandhak Rasayan
This Ayurvedic formulation by Planet Ayurveda contains Purified and processed Sulphur – Shuddha Gandhak.
Benefits – Gandhak rasayan is a classical Ayurvedic medicine used for thousands of years for the management of various skin disorders. It is the best natural supplement for skin problems. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-toxic properties. Shudha Gandhak (purified sulphur) removes the toxins from the body, improves the immune system and gives lustrous to the skin. Gandhak rasayan is a skin rejuvenator and used in many skin problems like boils, eczema, blood impurities, acne, psoriasis, etc.
Dose – 2 Tablets twice daily after meals.
2. Dermo Plan Syrup
Dermo Plan Syrup is a poly herbal formulation by Planet Ayurveda in syrup form for skin disorders. This formulation is made from the standardized extracts of Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Chopchini (Smilax china), Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Shobhanjan (Moringa oleifera), Khadir (Areca catechu ), Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus), Shahtara (Fumaria officinalis).
Description of Ingredients:-
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) – a herb with Madhur (sweet), tikta (bitter), kashaya (astringent) taste and ushna (hot) potency, pacifies the Pitta and Kapha doshas. It has anti-inflammatory, appetizing, heaemostatic and blood purifier properties and is a best herb of choice for all skin problems.
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) – also known as Guduchi (one which protects the body) is a Tridoshashamak (balance all the three doshas) herb with tikta (bitter), kashaya (astringent) taste and ushna (hot) potency. It has haemopetic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties and is useful in various skin problems like dermatoses, erysepalas, acne, etc.
- Chopchini (Smilax china) – also known as China root is a herb with tikta (bitter) taste and ushna (hot) potency and pacifies all the three doshas. It has anti-inflammatory, digestive, carminative, blood purifier, anti-microbial and nervine tonic properties. Due to these properties this herb has magnificent results in all skin diseases and also cure Acne problem.
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – is a herb with madhur (sweet), tikta (bitter) taste and Sheeta (cold) potency and pacifies all the three doshas. It has anti-inflammatory, digestive, laxative, blood purifier, diuretic properties and is a best rejuvenator for skin and is used in various skin problems including acne.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) – is a herb with tikta (bitter), kashaya (astringent) taste and Sheeta (cold) potency and pacifies Kapha and Pitta doshas. It has antimicrobial, astringent, anti-toxic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is useful in all skin problems and also has very good results in curing acne.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – is a herb with tikta (bitter), katu (pungent) and ushna (hot) potency and pacifies kapha and Vata dosha by hot potency and Pitta dosha by tikta (bitter) taste. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, appetizer, haemostatic, anti-toxic properties and is used in several skin problems like urticaria, pruritus, itching, skin eruptions, acne, etc.
- Shobhanjan (Moringa oleifera) – is a herb with katu (pungent) taste and ushna (hot) potency, pacifies Vata and Kapha doshas. It has antibacterial, digestive, anti-toxic, blood purifier properties and is used in various skin problems like dermatitis, skin eruptions, acne, etc.
- Khadir (Acacia catechu) – is a herb with kashaya (astringent), tikta (bitter) taste and sheeta (cold) potency and pacifies Kapha and Pitta doshas. It has hemostatic, blood purifier, astringent properties and is used in skin diseases as it reduces the intense itching and inflammation.
- Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) – is a herb with bitter, pungent and sweet taste and hot potency, pacifies all the three doshas. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, nervine tonic, digestive, anthelmintic properties and is used for various skin disorders.
- Shahtara (Fumaria officinalis) – is a herb with tikta (bitter) taste and cold potency and pacifies Kapha and Pitta doshas. This herb pacifies the aggravated Piita dosha and is used in many skin disorders including acne.
– Dermo Plan Syrup is a traditional herbal syrup that acts as a good skin tonic which purifies the blood, removing toxins and impurities from the body. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Dermoplan syrup helps in Acne, blemishes, pimples,and various skin problems.
Dose – 2 Tsp. twice daily after meals.
3. De-Grease Face Wash
De-Grease Face Wash is a herbal face wash by Planet Ayurveda made from Basil extracts, Aloe vera and Green tea.
Description of Ingredients:-
- Basil extracts (Ocimum sanctum) – is a herb with holistic value in India. It has katu (pungent), tikta (bitter) taste and hot potency, and pacifies Kapha and Vata doshas. It is diaphoretic and is used in various skin diseases like ringworm, eczema, scabies, acne.
- Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) – is a herb with tikta (bitter) taste, cold potency, and pacifies all the three doshas. It has anti-inflammatory, blood purifier, antioxidant and purgative properties and is used in many skin problems, removes acne, cleanses the skin and provides natural glow to the skin.
- Green tea – Green tea is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties. The catechin compound found in green tea helps in curing acne problems. It helps to reduce inflammation, sebum production and the polyphenols present in green tea helps to remove acne.
Benefits – De-Grease faesh gently cleans the face and removes excess oil and dirt without drying the skin. The ingredients present in this face wash helps to improve the skin irritation, softens the skin, kills bacteria and reverses the oxidative damage of the cells. So it helps to remove the acne.
Directions of Use – Squeeze a small amount of De-Grease Face Wash on wet palm and apply on the face, gently massage with fingertips. Rinse off the face with water and pat dry gently.
4. Anti Aging Face Serum
Anti aging serum is a face serum by Planet Ayurveda that contains Orange peel extract, Mulberry extract, Argan oil, Vitamin E, CelquatSC 230M, Elfamoist AC, Iscaguard, PEG, Whitonyl, Instensyl, Celldetox, D.M. Water.
Benefits – Anti Aging Face Serum helps to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores to create a more refined complexion and radiant appearance. The dull, tired skin needs to be exfoliated to encourage the cells for a brighter and radiant skin. Along with this this face serum provides hydration to skin, softens the skin, and the antioxidants present in this serum neutralize free radicals which can damage the collagen and elastin causing signs of aging and also remove the acne.
Directions of Use – Apply a small amount of Anti-aging serum onto the fingertips and gently apply to the entire face.
Caution – For external use only. Avoid direct contact with eyes, in case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Discontinue the use if any rash or irritation appears.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE
- Avoid oily, spicy and sour foods
- Eat more of fresh vegetables and fruits
- Increase the use of herbs having cooling effects on the body like fennel, Amla, Black grapes, Guduchi and Aloe vera.
- Increase water intake to about 8 to 10 glasses per day.
- Manage constipation with dietary changes or you can also use triphala powder.
- Avoid irritant and chemical based cosmetics.
- Wash your face frequently.
- Do not squeeze the acne.