- Ingredients used in Somlata Churna : Somlata
- Latin Name : Ephedra gerardiana, Ephedra distachya, Ephedra Vulgaris
- Part used for medicinal Purpose : Branch and fruit
- Plant Type : Herb
It is a small shrub found in the upper Himalayan belt of Sikkim and Kashmir. It is an Ayurvedic herb used in the treatment of Asthma with broad-spectrum action to ensure easy breathing, Muscular Pain, Weakened cardiac Muscles.
Names in Different Languages
- English Name : Joint Pine, Brigham Tea
- Hindi Name : Somakalpa, Trutigrantha, Tootgant, Som, Somakalpa, Tutgantha
- Punjabi Name : Asmaniya, Asmania, Budagur
- Marathi Name : Ransher
- Telgu Name : Kondapala, Somalata, Palmakasturi
- Ladakh Name : Tipal, Trani
- Tamil Name : Pulichakodi, Somakodi, Kotikkalli, Somamum
- Gujrathi Name : Sandhiavel, chirodi
- Chinese Name : Mahuang
- Sutlej Name : Phok
- Russian Name : Kuzmicheva Trava
- Japanese Name : Maoh Mupen
- Soma, Salkapatra, Somavalli, Somaksheeri
- Dwijapriya, Raktaphala, Dhanvataru, Yajnaneta, Gulmavalli
- Pakshapatra, Mahagulma, Mukhaprabhu
Medicinal Properties of Somlata Churna
- Rasa (Taste) : Kashaya (Astringent)
- Guna (Qualities) : Laghu (Easily Digestible), Ruksha (Dry in Nature)
- Veerya (Potency) : Ushna (Hot)
- Vipaka : Katu(That Undergoes Pungent Taste after Digestion)
- Karma(Action) : Kapha Vata Shamaka (Reduces the Vitiated Kapha as well as Vata Dosha)
Dosage :- 1 tsp twice daily with plain water after meals.
Health Benefits of Somlata Churna
- It reduces the Vata and Kapha Doshas
- It influences the blood pressure in the body
- It is useful in both a dry and productive cough
- In Ayurveda, it is used as shothara, shwaskas hara, vednashamak,mutrl as well as gharbhashyasankochak.
- It enhances concentration and improves the performance of athletes.
- It is used in slimming Medications because it reduces the feeling of hunger.
- It is used in Asthma (gives immediate relief by clearing the passage), allergies and edema.
- It has diuretic property and increases the rate of perspiration.
- It is used as bronchodilator, vasoconstrictor, and acts as a central nervous stimulant.
- Use of Soma powder with honey is very useful to treat cough.
- It is useful to treat difficulty in micturition, dysmenorrhea, and other urinary disorders.
- Use of somalata powder along with Arjuna powder improves the functions and increases the strength of cardiac muscles.
- It is also used as anti-aging because it causes cell and tissue rejuvenation.
- It is also used in excessive thirst and dehydration.
Therapeutic Uses of Somlata Churna
1. Genitourinary System
This churna opens the pores of the skin and promotes sweating. Also useful in chills, fever, and headache. It promotes urination and reduces edema. It provides relief to the patient.
2. Respiratory System
It relaxes the bronchioles and lungs and is very useful in affections of respiratory passage. It is also useful in controlling wheezing.
3. Cardiovascular System
It is useful in circulatory stimulation that diverts the flow of blood from the digestive tract and forces more blood to the brain and limbs, thus helps in reducing hunger and fatigue.
4. Nutrition and Metabolism
It is useful for weight loss. It helps in improving digestion and tones up the small intestine.
5. Weight Loss
This churna is useful as a weight loss aid. It suppresses the appetite and its main mechanism is to promote weight loss appears to be by increasing the metabolic rate of adipose tissue. Its main weight reducing effects are very helpful in those individuals with a low basal metabolic rate or decreased diet inducing thermogenesis.
6. Lung Disorders
The rise in the pressure on lungs due to contraction of branches of the pulmonary artery and it also relieves the turgescent of the mucous membrane. Along with this, there is a dilatation of bronchioles, both these factors helpful in relieving paroxysms of asthma.
Somlata churna acts as a bronchodilator in the treatment of mild to moderate asthma and hay fever. Its effect of bronchodilation occurs in 1 hour and last longer for about 5 hours after administration.
Use of this churna in combination with herbal expectorants modify the quality and quantity of secretions from the respiratory tract that causes the user to spit up the secretions and ultimately improves the respiratory tract functions.
7. Heart Disorders
It is used as a cardiac stimulant. It stimulates the muscle fibers of arterioles. In the case of left heart failure it is proved very effective even when the digitalis and other cardiac stimulant proved ineffective.
8. Urinary Disorders
It influences the urinary bladder and is very effective in relieving night bed wetting condition that occurs mostly in children.
It is very useful in acute Rheumatism, provides relief in painful and inflamed joints. It does not provide any side effects on the heart.
There are no side effects if consumed as per prescription, care should be taken if it is consumed in the prescribed dosage.
The advantage of using Somlata churna offered By planet Ayurveda
There are several reasons that made this formulation superior from other products available in the market:
- It is 100% natural
- Prepared from the best natural herb
- No color added
- Testing of this medicine is not done on animals
- Only organic products are used, for the better results
- Planet Ayurveda offers these products at reasonable and competitive prices