Saral churna is considered as a rejuvenating product for the treatment of digestive ailments. The main ingredient in saral churna is Pinus roxburghii, among all the herb pine is found in India, chir pine is the most important due to its great therapeutic activities. The herb is used for the treatment of various digestive disorders, fever, intestinal worm, gynecological disorder, and skin disease. The plant is commonly known as chir pine.
The herb is native to the Himalayas. It is found in lower altitudes than other pines in the Himalaya. It is mostly distributed in Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Nepal, Arunachal Pradesh, and Bhutan. The other varieties of pines are Pinus wallichiana, Pinus bhutanica, Pinus armandii, Pinus densata, and Pinus kesiya.
Pinus roxburghii is an evergreen plant grows up to the height of 30-40 meter. The diameter of the trunk is up to 2 meters. The leaves of the Pinus roxburghii are needle-like, pointed 20-30 inches long and the seeds ripen in April. The species is monoecious (flower is either male or female but both sexes are present on the same plant. the bark of the plant is dark red-brown in color and thick in nature. The flowers of Pinus roxburghii are yellow and 1-5cm long. The male cone of Pinus roxburghii is about 13cm long and female cones are 10-20cm long.
What are the Medicinal Properties of Saral (Pinus Roxburghii) Herb?
- Rasa (Taste): Katu (Pungent), Kashaya (Astringent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Qualities): Laghu (Light for digestion), Snigdha (Slimy in nature), Teekshna (Strong)
- Vipaka: Undergoes Pungent (Katu) taste after digestion
- Veerya (Potency): Ushna (hot)
- Karma (Action): Balances the vitiated kapha and vata dosha.
- Part Used: Stem, oil, bark, and resin.
What are the Main Chemical Constituents of Saral (Pinus Roxburghii) Herb?
The bark of Pinus roxburghii contains one of major chemical constituent turpentine, pinene, abietic acid, and pinene. The essential oils of Pinus roxburghii contain sesquiterpenes such as (E)-caryophyllene, ?-humulene, monoterpenes alcohols terpinen and ?-terpineol. The needles and cone essential oil contain monoterpene ?-3-carene. The plant parts are rich in various bioactive compounds such as ?-pinene, quercetin abietic acid, and xanthone. The whole plant believed to possess medicinal qualities in Ayurveda.
Therapeutic Uses of Saral Churna
- The aromatic antiseptic activity of Saral churna stimulates the liver functioning.
- Diuretic activity of Saral churna helps to reduce the kidney and bladder complaints.
- It is also useful for treating the diseases of the respiratory and mucous membrane such as cough, cold, and influenza.
- It acts as a great stimulant and reduces the burning of the body, and ulcers.
- Saral churna also used to treat intestinal worm.
- 2-3 gm of Saral churna used to treat skin disease like ringworm and eczema.
- The powder is best useful during indigestion problem.
- The Saral churna contains numbers of bioactive compounds which are helpful to treat inflammation and diarrhea.
Benefits of Saral Churna
1. Anti-inflammatory Activity
The Saral churna have a great anti-inflammatory property which helps to reduce the inflammation in the body and reduce the pain in the body.
Due to anti-diabetic property, Saral churna helps to lower down the elevated blood sugar level in the body. It also helps to overcome the symptoms of diabetes such as frequent urination, overeating, and regular thirst.
3. Balance the Kapha and Vata Dosha
The herb possesses astringent and bitter properties which pacify the vitiated kapha and vata dosha in the body. Hence it is good for digestive disorders.
4. Peptic Ulcer
The natural antiseptic properties of the herb help to prevent the damages due to peptic ulcer and along with this it reduces the symptoms of peptic ulcer such as dull pain in the stomach, bloating, nausea, vomiting, and burping or acid reflux.
5. Kidney and Bladder Disorder
The Diuretic property of herb helps to treat the various kidney and bladder ailments.
6. Treat Cough and Cold
The presence of various chemical constituents in herb helps to reduce the various respiratory ailments such as cough. It provides relief from respiratory disorders.
7. Anti-helminthic Action
It helps to eliminate the intestinal worm or parasites especially tapeworm which cause many intestinal problems in humans.
8. Skin Disorder
It is antibacterial and anticoagulant which helps to treat various skin problems.
9. Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
Due to great anti-inflammatory properties, the herb helps to reduce the inflammation in joints and provide relief from muscles and joint pain.
Dosage: 1 tablespoon twice daily with plain water half an hour after meals.
- Part used: Barks
- Product weight: 100gm
Advantages of Using Saral Churna by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda has made this herbal churna by strictly following the principles of Ayurveda. There are several reasons which make this saral churna superior to any other similar product available in the market.
- The saral churna contains only pure natural extracts of herb and the product is free from any preservative, additives and harmful chemicals.
- Testing of medicines is not done on animals.
- Planet Ayurveda provides good quality products at a reasonable price.
- Standardized extract of the herb is used.
- The product has no side effects because it contains only natural herb extract.
Place your order now and enjoy the benefits of Planet Ayurveda Saral Churna. You can also opt for other products of Planet Ayurveda as well for a healthy lifestyle.