Effective Herbal Remedies for Ringworm
|1||Gandhak Rasayan||1 Bottle (120 Tablets)|
|2||Manjistha Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||Neem Oil||2 Bottles (100ml each)|
|4||Dadru Daman Ointment||2 Tubes (10gm Each)|
What is Ringworm?
Ringworm infection is not a worm infection it is caused by the fungal infection in your body. In medical term, this is known as Dermatophytosis and Tinea. It is a skin disease in which round red patches are formed on your skin. The fungi that cause ringworm include Trichophyton Tonsurans, Trichophyton Rubrum, Trichophyton Interdigitale, and Epidermophyton Floccosum. These agents are skin fungi which are also knowns as dermatophytes,that’s why this infection is also known as Dermatophytosis. In this infection, the fungi cannot penetrate deeper into your skin because it feeds on dead layer of keratin protein on top of the skin. It is basically contagious fungal infection which commonly occurs on your skin, scalp, and nails.
Symptoms of Ringworm
- Red, scaly and cracked skin
- Ring shape rash on your skin
- Itchiness in the skin
- Hair loss in the infected area
- Dark red patches on the skin
- Irritation in the skin
- Burning sensation in the skin
- On feet, the skin may become swollen and red
Causes of Ringworm
- Ringworm often spread by direct contact with an infected person. It can easily spread through the skin-to-skin contact with an infected person.
- Ringworm can be spread from animal to humans. Peoples who groom their dogs and cat which are infected with ringworm are more prone to this infection. This is one of the main cause for ringworm infection.
- The sometimes infected soil is also one of the reasons for the ringworm infection. If you are in direct contact with infected soil for prolong time then you will definitely get this infection.
- Perspiration and wetness beneath inner wears and darkness along with tight clothing causes proliferation of fungus and ringworm infection.
Ayurveda is a natural healing process. There are numbers of natural herbal remedies which are used for the treatment of ringworm infection. In Ayurveda ringworm is known as “Dadru”. Ringworm causes circular skin lesions with elevated edges. There are three doshas in Ayurveda (Kapha, Pitta, and Vata). Ringworm is mainly occurred due to an imbalance in Kapha and Pitta dosha.
Herbal Remedies for Ringworm by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides Ringworm Pack for the better treatment of Dermatophytosis. This care pack is made from all the natural herbs. There is no harmful preservative, additives, and chemicals in Planet Ayurveda Ringworm Pack. This Ringworm Pack is made from 100% natural herbal products and ingredients. All products of this care pack purely follow the Ayurvedic principles.
1. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan is an Ayurvedic medicine. It has very good antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiviral property. It is beneficial in almost all the infections because it has very good antibiotic property. It helps to treat itching, burning sensation, Psoriasis, Ringworm, Scabies, Eczema and many others problems in humans. This product is useful to maintain the healthy skin.
Shuddha Gandhak or purified sulfur is the most important ingredient of Gandhak Rasayana. It is non-metallic and the third most abundant mineral in nature. This helps to detoxify your body by purifying the blood and protect your skin from infection.
Dosage: Take 2 tablets with lukewarm water, 2 times in a day.
2. Manjistha capsules
Manjista (Rubia Cordifolia) is a very beneficial Ayurvedic herb which is used in this product. This herb is bitter and astringent in nature and helps in cleansing and purifying the blood, and lymphatic system. This herb has antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties which cures our body during ringworm infection. Antiinflammatory property of this herb provides relief from inflammation during ringworm infection in your skin.
Dosage: Take 1 capsule with plain water after your meal, two times a day.
3. Neem oil
In Ayurveda Neem is extensively used for the many herbal medicines. All parts of this plant such as root bark, leaves, flower, seeds, and stem have very good medicinal properties. Neem oil has an anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial property which is beneficial during dermatophytosis. It helps to prevent the fungal infection by fighting with ringworm causing fungus. The analgesic agent in neem oil helps to reduce the redness in the skin due to ringworm infection.
Usage: Apply gently on your skin and massage it.
4. Dadru Daman Ointment
It is a very good ointment for the treatment of itching because it has anti-itching property. It also gives relief from irritation and burning sensation on the outer layer of skin. This product is a pure herbal product and it has no side effects.
Usage: Mix this ointment with neem oil and apply gently on your skin especially round worm infected area.
- Maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and body regular if there is a ringworm infected person in your house.
- Wash the cloth of an infected person separately to avoid the spread of infection.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes during ringworm infection because it irritates your skin.
- Do not share your personal items such as a towel, comb, clothes, and shoes or socks with an infected person to avoid the spread of infection.
- You should avoid direct contact with your pets because this fungal infection spread easily by contact with infected pets. You should wear gloves when you are in contact with your pet.
- Do not share the same room with the infected person.