Laxmibilas Ras (Nardiya) which is also spelled as Nardiya Lakshmi Vilas Ras is one of the herbomineral medicines which mainly contains Abhrak bhasma. This mainly contains Shuddha Gandhak, Abhrak Bhasma, Datura, Cannabis seeds, Shuddha Parad, and many other ingredients. It is Rasayan that is very useful in varieties of skin diseases like wounds, piles, filaria, diseases related to the brain, sexual disorder, mouth, and all the types of Kapha.
It is one of the Ras Aushadhi which is also known as Mercury in Ayurveda. It is prepared by using purified sulphur, purified mercury, bhasma etc. Para or mercury is one of the minerals that is heavy and remains liquid at room temperature. It is only used after properly detoxifying it as per the Ayurvedic texts. It consists of numerous medicinal properties and parad is one of the ingredients. It is very effective in balancing the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Dosha.
Ras Aushadhi is one of the fast-acting medicines which helps in nourishing the body. Along with that, it contains rejuvenating, anti-aging, aphrodisiac, tonic, wound-healing, and anti-microbial properties. Mercury when combined with other medicinal ingredients which help in enhancing the efficiency of the medicine because of its Yogvahi property present in Parad.
In the preparation of Ras Aushadhi firstly Kajjali is made with the help of purified Gandhak and Parad. These medicines are filled with heavy metals so it should be taken in the provision of Ayurvedic doctors.
Here are the medicinal benefits, composition, indications, and dosage of the Laxmibilas Ras.
Ingredients of The Laxmibilas Ras
These are the ingredients present in this herbal medicine :-
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified sulphur)
- Karpoora-Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Abhrak bhasma (Purified Mica)
- Jatiphala-Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
- Datura (Datura metel)
- Bhang (Cannabis sativa)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- VidariKand (Pueraria tuberosa)
- Atibala (Abutilon indicum)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Kuchula (Strychnos nux vomica)
- Nagabala (Grewia populifolia)
- Nagavalli (Piper betel)
Description of Each Ingredient
1. Shuddha Parada : It is one of the well known Rasa which helps in eliminating disease from body and mind for elderly people. It helps in giving strength to the body by removing toxins from it. It is effective in treating health conditions like constipation, infections of urinary tract, fluid retention, and swelling along with pus.
2. Purified Gandhak : It is a mineral based medicine which contains antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties. It is helpful in treating ailments like burning and itching sensation along with skin disease like psoriasis, boils, scabies, leprosy etc.
3. Karpoora : It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties which is very effective in reducing pain as well as swelling. It is very effective in controlling acne as it is for the people of Kapha-Pitta dosha skin type. Due to its carminative property it’s very effective in giving a soothing effect to the skin.
4. Abhrak Bhasma : It is calcined mica which is very effective in treating disease related to reproductive as well as sexual problems along with abdominal, liver or respiratory disorders. It is very helpful in pacifying all the three dosha and calming the body as well as mind.
5. Jatikosha : It is rich in anti-cancer, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, analgesic and many more properties. It is helpful in stimulating sexual desire and reducing pain as well. Along with that it helps in lowering the levels of cholesterol from the body and increasing the circulation of blood.
6. Dhatura : It is one of the effective herbs for reducing pain and relieving the symptoms of asthma. Along with that its medicinal property helps in improving cardiac function, relaxing the mind and also enhances the fertility as well as childbirth. The use of this herb will boost the immunity and make the body healthy as well.
7. Bhanga : It contains psychoactive property which is very effective in improving the brain as well as nervous functioning. It is very good for reducing seizures as well as muscle spasms.
8. Shatavari : It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune increasing properties. It is very helpful in reducing digestive troubles, treating dehydration by balancing the levels of electrolyte in the body. It is helpful in treating ulcers and reducing complications like bleeding. Along with that it is also effective in treating kidney stones and maintaining blood sugar levels as well.
9. Vidari Kand : It is very effective in increasing the flow of mother’s milk and also the quantity of semen in males. It is one of the best herbs for reducing the consumption of alcohol in alcoholic people and prevents the cell from getting damaged. It is also very effective for reducing the risk of developing any coronary heart disease.
10. Atibala : It is helpful in pacifying the Vata as well as Pitta dosha and is effective in treating health problems like Piles, Cough, Diarrhea, Bronchitis, Cold etc.
11. Goskhura : This herb possesses detoxifying, ant- aging, rejuvenating and liver tonic properties. It mainly helps in improving the flow of urine and thus increasing stamina as well. It very effectively improves the health of skin and makes it clear.
12. Kuchula : It is one of the effective herbs for improving digestion and increasing the motility of the intestines. It is beneficial in managing the urinary troubles as it acts as diuretic which helps in purifying the system. It is very effective in treating male sexual problems like erectile dysfunction.
13. Nagabala : It is effective in balancing the Vata Dosha and is helpful in rejuvenating the body. This is one of the best herbs for treating patients who suffer from chest injury, chronic cough, tuberculosis and many more.
14. Nagavalli : This Ayurvedic herb which is also known as paan contains many properties. It is effective in treating asthma, rhinitis, headache, anorexia and relieving inflammation. The juice is especially used for treating sore throat, laryngitis and improving vocals as well.
Benefits of Laxmibilas Ras
1. Cardioprotective : It is very effective in heart disease which is why it’s called a cardioprotective drug and contains stimulant action. It helps in strengthening the heart and it helps in increasing the pumping as well as contraction capacity of the heart. It effectively normalized the process of the heart by enhancing the relaxing as well as contraction capacity.
2. Sinus infection : There are two types of sinus infection including acute and chronic. Lakshmi Bilas Ras is not suitable for only the acute phase of infection but it is one of the excellent remedies for treating chronic sinusitis. It is very beneficial in treating a patient who constantly suffers from headaches, postnasal dripping, increased pain during winters, and halitosis.
3. Bradycardia : It is a very effective medicine for treating bradycardia which is caused due to coronary artery disease, obstructive sleep apnea, and rheumatic fever.
4. Cough : The patient suffers from dry cough attacks, cough starts with a little exertion, restlessness, pain in the abdomen or chest. This medicine is one of the best herbal medicines if one is suffering from the disease.
- It is a Rasayana meaning it contains rejuvenation properties that help in nourishing the dhatu and building the Ojas.
- It contains aphrodisiac, antipyretic, antiseptic, expectorant properties along with that it is helpful in stomach activities as well.
- It is very effective in all kinds of fever.
- It is one of the excellent medicines that helps in treating cough of any kind like asthma, sinusitis, coryza, fever due to cough, pain in lungs, congestion, pneumonia, influenza, inflammation in lungs, and many more.
- It contains aphrodisiac properties and also helps in increasing libido.
- It is very effective in providing strength to the heart.
- It helps in treating premature ejaculation and also sperm disorders.
- It effectively cures diseases related to the skin, head, and genito-urinary system.
- Due to its properties, it’s effective in spermatorrhoea, libido, impotency, and sexual debility.
Clinical Uses of Laxmibilas Ras
Here are the number of diseases that can be treated by the disease including :-
- Prameha (Urinary disorders)
- Udara (Enlargement of abdomen)
- Dhatu Kshaya (Tissue wasting)
- Guda Roga (Anorectal disease)
- Nadi Vrana (Fistula)
- Bhagandara (Fistula-in-ano)
- Kushtha (Disease of the skin)
- Gala-shosha (Dryness in the throat)
- All kinds of shlipada (Filariasis)
- Yakshma (Tuberculosis)
- Antra Vriddhi (Hernia)
- Pinasa (Chronic sinusitis/rhinitis)
- Amavata (Rheumatism)
- Atisar (Diarrhoea)
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Disorders of Ear, Nose, Mouth, and Eyes.
- Sthaulya (Obesity)
- Arsha (Haemorrhoids)
Dosage of the Laxmibilas Ras
- One tablet twice a day before meals are enough.
- The Anupan meaning along with which medicine it should be taken depends on the treatment of the disease.
- It can be taken along with honey and ginger juice in cases of chronic fever and diseases caused due to violation of the Vata Dosha.
- In cases of intermittent fever, it can be taken along with honey, pippali churna, butter, honey, and betel leaf juice.
Laxmibilas Ras is one of the best Ayurvedic medicines which is helpful in treating the number of diseases as mentioned above. The exact dose of the medicine depends on the age, digestive power, and strength of the patient. Above mentioned article describes everything about Laxmibilas Ras and its wonderful use.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.