Our life becomes a halt and our mind is clogged means our mind gets disturbed when the body wears a blanket of skin diseases. Allergies, irritants, genetic makeup, hormone imbalance, certain types of diseases can cause skin problems. Khadirarisht is a polyherbal formulation that is used in various types of skin problems. It is prepared using ancient time-tested formulas. This remedy acts as a good blood purifier. This ayurvedic medicine detoxifies the body and improves the overall health of the patient. It contains very little amount of self-generated alcohol.
Kwath dravya (Decoction Herbs)
- Khadirarisht (Stem of Acacia catechu) – 50 Parts
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) – 50 Parts
- Bakuchi beej (Seeds of Psoralea corylifolia) – 12 Parts
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) – 20 Parts
- Triphala (Three myrobalans) – 60 Parts
Prakshep Dravya (Aromatic Herbs)
- Gud (Jaggery) – 100 Parts
- Madhu (Honey) – 200 Parts
- Dhataki pushpa (Flower of Woodfordia fruticosa) – 20 Parts
- Kankol (Piper cubeba) – 1 Part
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea) – 1 Part
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) – 1 Part
- Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum) – 1 Part
- Badi elaichi (Amomum subulatum) – 1 Part
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum verum) – 1 Part
- Tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala) – 1 Part
- Pippali (Piper longum) – 4 Parts
Reference: Sharangdhar Samhita
Description Of The Ingredients
- Khadir – This is the best herb for all skin ailments. It is bitter and astringent in taste and helps in pacifying Pitta and kapha dosha. It is effective against pruritus, worm infestation, leucoderma, fever, indigestion, blood disorders etc.
- Devdaru – It is pungent in taste and helps in pacifying vata and kapha dosha. It is useful in cleansing infested wounds. This herb is best for treating conditions such as asthma, productive cough, pruritus, skin ailments, digestive ailments, polyuria, fever etc.
- Bakuchi – It has a pungent taste and is helpful in pacifying kapha dosha. It is helpful in diseases such as asthma, indigestion, lep[rosy, polyuria, fever etc. It clears the body from toxins as it has a laxative effect.
- Daruhaldi – This is the best Ayurvedic herb which improves liver functions and digestive system. It pacifies pitta dosha. This herb provides nourishment to the skin and regulates the proper blood supply to the skin and alleviates all skin problems.
- Triphala – It is a combination of three wonderful herbs i.e. Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica). These three herbs together act as a wonderful laxative and helpful in alleviating skin problems. As it balances all three dosha, hence useful in various disorders.
- Dhataki – This herb is used in various asav and arishta formulations. It is used as a main fermented agent in asav and arishta. It helps in treating diseases such as diarrhea, skin problems, worm infestation, erysipelas etc.
- Sheetal Chini – This is also known as kababchini. This fruit possesses a spicy, aromatic odor. It has anti-emetic, anti-inflammatory, appetizer, and stomach properties. It pacifies vata and kapha. It is useful in frequent urination, dysentery, flatulence, asthma etc.
- Nagkesar – This herb pacifies pitta and kapha dosha as it has kshaya taste. It is used in the treatment of indigestion, fever, pruritus, thirst, skin diseases, piles etc. It has deepan (appetizer and pachan (digestion) properties.
- Jaiphal – It is best in the use of digestive ailments. It has digestive and appetizer properties. It treats diseases like jaundice, abdominal diseases, skin diseases, abdominal distension, constipation etc.
- Lavang – It has many good effects on the digestive system. It possesses appetizer and digestive properties. It pacifies diseases like indigestion, vomiting, cough, asthma, hiccups, acidity, abdominal pain etc.
- Badi Elaichi – It helps in treating cold, cough, and certain respiratory problems. This ingredient aids in digestion. It clears the skin toxins also.
- Dalchini – This is an aromatic spice which provides flavor, aroma in food stuffs. It is a highly beneficial supplement for the skin and shows benefits in all types of skin problems. It also maintains the blood sugar level, controls vomiting etc.
- Tejpatra – The leaves of this herb have a sweet taste and pacify vata and pitta dosha. It is useful in piles, heart ailments, anorexia, rhinitis, skin ailments etc. Tejpatra has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and diuretic properties.
- Pippali – This is a very potent herb for digestive ailments. This is an effective home remedy for managing cough and cold. It improves the body’s metabolism. It pacifies vata and kapha dosha. This is also useful in asthma, abdominal diseases, fever, leprosy etc.
Method Of Preparation
- Take all the above kwath dravya and washed and grind them properly.
- Put this mixture in a stainless steel container and add 16 liters of water to that container.
- Boil this mixture over the low flames and make a decoction from those decoction herbs.
- Boil this mixture until it remains 1/8 quantity and filter this decoction for impurities.
- Put this mixture in an earthen pot.
- Then add gud and shakkar in this mixture and stir it properly.
- Dried the flowers of dhataki under the sunlight and add them to an earthen pot.
- Now add aromatic herbs to this mixture and stir it properly.
- Filter this to remove solid particles.
- Seal the opening of the earthen pot and kept aside for 21 days.
- Make sure to check the fermentation process.
- After 21 days, open the seal and filter the fermented liquid.
- Now again keep this filtered liquid aside for 10-15 days.
- After 10 days again filter this liquid and poured in an airtight container.
- Use this Khadirarisht after 1 year.
Khadirarisht is a classical ayurvedic formulation used for all skin diseases. It also improves digestion as it contains pippali, jaiphal, and Triphala. It is the best antipruritic means widely used for all skin diseases, blood disorders, intestinal worms, urticaria, etc. It reduces Aama (Endotoxins) by digesting it and then eliminating it. This formulation reduces the absorption into the blood as it acts as the best blood purifier. It detoxifies the body by eliminating the impurities of blood through the kidneys. The ingredients in this formulation are also helpful in digestive disorders. Apart from its uses on skin disorders, it is also beneficial in abdominal distension, liver disorder, splenomegaly, heart disorder, anemia, and cough. In severe cases use gandhak rasayan along with Khadirarisht for better results.
It balances all three doshas that are Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. But it mainly pacifies Vata and Kapha dosha and reduces Aama dosha.
Classical Indications (Rogadhikar)
- Kushtha roga (Skin disorders)
- Treats Skin Diseases – This formulation has antipruritic properties. hence useful in treating skin disorders. Toxins in the body block the micro-channels which in turn results in poor nutrition to the skin. This Khadirarisht removes the toxins from the body and treats skin diseases.
- Detoxify Blood – Impure blood is the main cause of skin problems. It works directly on the blood by detoxifying it.
- Acne/Pimples – It is mainly effective in acne with pus-filled lumps and closed clogged pores.
- Indigestion – This is a digestive stimulant. It has digestive properties and helps in the digestion of Aama dosha that is the main cause of every disease. It promotes the secretion of digestive juices.
- Cough – It is also helpful in managing cough. It has expectorant property as it has dalchini, lavang, nagkesar, and pippali.
- Intestinal Worms – Khadirarisht is effective against intestinal worms as it has anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties.
3 teaspoons twice a day with an equal amount of water after meals.
- Take this formulation under the medical supervision.
- Overdose will lead to heartburn.
- Avoid in pregnant women.
We can conclude that Khadirarisht is a wonderful herbal remedy for the treatment of all skin ailments. The ingredients are also helpful in digestive and respiratory ailments and also these ingredients make this fermented decoction an effective herbal remedy.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.