Kamdudha ras is an ayurvedic classical medication which has been mentioned in the ayurvedic classical texts which has been written thousands of years back means these medications has been used since the ancient times so it can be said that this medication is time tested for its medicinal properties and its indications. This formulation is made from the combination of various minerals and herbs due to which it is known as the herbomineral formulation. This medication has a cold potency so it is used mainly in pitta type of disorders.
Ingredients Used in Kamdudha Ras
This formulation contains the following ingredients which are mentioned below:
- Moti pishti (Pearl calx)
- Praval pishti (Coral calx)
- Mukta shukti (calx of pearl oyster)
- Koudi (Calx of sea shell)
- Shankh bhasma (Calx of conch shell)
- Gairik (Red ochre)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ ayurveda saar sangrah ]
Description Of The Ingredients
All the ingredients in this formulation have different medicinal properties and combining all these ingredients this medication will have a specific effect so studying the medicinal properties of each ingredient will help us to know the effects of this formulation.
- Pearl calx : It is made from the pearl and is helpful in reducing the excessive burning or heat from the body, and also has a cooling effect on the body and digestive system. Helps in balancing the pitta and rakta dosha from the body so can be used in conditions like raktapitta, acidity, burning sensation etc. It has some amount of calcium in it so it is also used for people having low levels of calcium and bone disorders.
- Praval pishti : Praval pishti is also cooling in nature and possesses many medicinal properties due to which it can be used in inflammation, acidity and to detoxify the body. Due to the cooling properties it can be used in fever, bleeding disorders, peptic disorders. It is also a natural source of calcium which is absorbed easily in the body. Praval calms down the digestive system. It is also used in bleeding piles, bleeding fistula etc.
- Mukta shukti : It is known as the mother oyster which means the outer shell of the oyster. It is used in the pishti form and the pishti in ayurveda is used when there is nirama pitta dosha. It is beneficial in conditions like heartburn, sour taste in the mouth, disturbed digestion, indigestion, pain in the abdomen, loss of appetite and also in the deficiency of calcium which can cause conditions like osteoporosis, osteopenia etc.
- Koudi : It is also known as the kapardika bhasma which is astringent, pungent, alkaline in nature. Can be used in conditions like abdominal pain, IBS, bloating, ulcers in the duodenum, bloating or flatulence. Potency of the koudi is hot and potency is hot. It helps in balancing the kapha, pitta and vata dosha with the ama dosha so helpful in digesting ama dosha from the body.
- Shankh bhasma : Shankh bhasma acts as an antacid, stool binding agent, prevents diarrhea, relieves abdominal colic and can be used as a calcium supplement. It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting. Taste of shankh bhasma is pungent, it is light to digest, dry and sharp in nature. It also acts as an alkalizer so will relieve the acidity and burning sensation from the body.
- Gairika : Gairika is sweet and astringent in taste, unctuous in nature. Potency of the gairika is cold. It is really a good medication for conditions like bleeding disorders, hiccups, vomiting and also the best antidote for the poisons. It can be used to treat skin conditions like itching, dryness or swellings on the skin.
- Giloy : It is astringent and bitter in taste with a sweet taste after digestion. Giloy poses qualities like light to digest, oily and unctuous. It is hot in potency but helps in balancing all the three doshas from the body. Due to the bitter taste it balances pitta dosha, due to hot potency it balances kapha dosha and due to the snigdha quality it helps in balancing the vata dosha. It helps in rejuvenating the cells of the body and treats the digestive tract disorders, helps in improving the strength of the body and digests ama dosha from the body.
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for the making of kamdudha ras powder.All the ingredients are taken and grinded till a consistency of fine powder is reached and then it is stored in a glass jar.
There are many medicinal properties of this formulation which are mentioned below:
- It acts as an antiemetic.
- It will relieve acidity so it acts as an antacid.
- It has cold potency and giloy so it will act as a tonic.
- It will calm down the numbness and vertigo due to digestive disorders so it acts as anti-vertigo.
- Due to the bitter taste of the ingredients it acts as an antihyperglycemic agent.
- It also acts as an antidepressant.
Dosha Karma (Effects on dosha)
It mainly helps in pacifying the pitta dosha from the body as it contains all the herbs which are cold in potency and also helps in balancing other two doshas.
- It can be used in the dose of 2 ratti by mixing in the jeera powder, mishri, amla churna, dadimavaleha etc according to the condition.
- Or in the dose of 125 to 500 mg.
Classically it is indicated in conditions which are mentioned below;
- Rakta pitta (Bleeding disorders)
- Amlapitta (Acidity)
- Daha (Burning sensation)
- Murcha (Vertigo)
- Brahma (Hallucination)
- Shirashula (Headache)
- Somaroga (Night fall)
- Pradara (Menorrhagia)
- Pitta vikar (Diseases originating from pitta dosha)
Due to the pitta balancing properties it will help in treating the mouth ulcers which are produced due to the increased pitta dosha or acidity, in the same way it will help in treating the peptic and duodenal ulcers, chronic gastritis, loose stools with the burning sensation as it has cold potency. Due to the vata and pitta balancing nature it will help in treating vertigo, headache, epilepsy, headache which is of pitta origin as it has a calming effect on the brain. It can also be used in psychological conditions due to the cold potency and its calming nature. It can be given in conditions like hysteria, emotional trauma,emotional stress etc. all the ingredients in it are a rich source of calcium so can be used in deficiency of calcium in the body. It is also used in conditions like IBS, diarrhea, gastritis etc as it will calm down the symptoms originating due to the pitta dosha. It also helps in managing the poor circulation.
It does not have any side effects but due to the mineral compounds in it should not be consumed for a longer time and only taken by the advice of an expert ayurvedic doctor.
Planet ayurveda has a wide range of classical ayurvedic medication and kamdudha is one of them which has many benefits as discussed above and can be used by anyone for a number of conditions. Planet ayurveda’s kamdudha ras is really effective as it is made from the pure and authentic ingredients and by using the authentic and standardized ways. So planet ayurveda’s kamdudha ras is a really effective way to buy this product.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.