Kaf Ketu Ras is one of the classical organomineral formulations which is used especially used for Kasa (Cough), Shwasa (Dyspnoea), Prateeshaya (Rhinitis), and other respiratory disorders. According to modern science Bronchitis, Rhinitis, bronchial asthma is similar to each other, in these cases, Kaphaketu Rasa is clinically very effective. If seen pathophysiologically histamine secretion is one of the major causes of allergic disorders. There are significant studies that Kaphaketu is an effective medicine that contains antihistamine property and that is why it makes the perfect choice for allergic disorders.
Ingredients used in Kaf Ketu Ras
- Tankan Bhasma (Borax)
- Magadhi (Piper longum)
- Shankha Bhasma (Conch shell)
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Purified Aconitum ferox)
- Fresh juice of ginger
Description of Ingredients
- 1. Tankan Bhasma : It is one of the herbal minerals which is pungent in nature and hot by nature. It is very effective in pacifying the Vata Dosha and helps in treating cardiac disease. It is also very beneficial in patients who suffer from food poisoning and colic pain. This helps in improving the digestive power and relieving the bloating in the patient. Tamra bhasma is also very helpful in treating amenorrhea and oligomenorrhea.
- 2. Magadhi (Piper longum) : It contains antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, direct, anthelmintic, carminative, expectorant, and laxative properties. They are helpful in treating menstrual cramps, sexual problems, infertility, cough, asthma, lung problem, tuberculosis, leprosy, toothache, tumors, psoriasis, muscle pain, and many more.
- 3. Shankha Bhasma : It possesses many healing properties like being anti-diarrhoeal, antacid, antioxidant, antispasmodic, and helps in stimulating appetite. It is very effective in balancing the Vata and Pitta Dosha of the body. It helps in balancing the secretion of Hydrochloric acid and easing the acidity.
- 4. Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) : It is one of the best rejuvenating herbs which helps in balancing all three doshas. It is helpful in improving digestion and reducing the burning sensation in the stomach. It is also very effective in vision problems like infection of the eye, night blindness, and many more.
Preparation Method :-
- All the above-mentioned ingredients Shuddha Vatsanabha, Shakha Bhasma, Magadhi, and Tankan bhasma are purified by submerging them into purified water.
- After purification, the ingredients are again submerged into the fresh urine of the healthy cow for almost three to seven days.
- The roots of all the herbs are peeled carefully which is then left in the sunlight for almost one day.
- After that, they are boiled into the fresh milk of the cow for almost three hours.
- Then they are left into the sunlight to dry and to make them into powdered form.
- Finally, the powdered medicine is then mixed with a fresh extract of ginger juice.
Health Benefits of Kaf Ketu Ras :-
- COUGH : It is one of the effective medicines for managing the cold and cough by releasing the mucus from air passage. It will easily clear the throat and air passage which will easily help in breathing as well as inflammation from the lungs.
- RHINITIS : Kapha ketu is packed with anti-allergic properties that are very effective in reducing the flaring of symptoms. It is helpful in clearing up the nasal cavity and reducing the heaviness from the nose by clearing the nasal stuffiness. Along with that, it’s helpful in reducing ailments like headache, sore throat, pain, and fever.
- BRONCHITIS : Kapha Ketu Ras contains anti-inflammatory properties which makes it very effective in reducing inflammation of bronchial tube lining. It helps in loosening the mucus and removing the thick mucus from the lungs. It will effectively remove the symptoms like shortness of breath, fever, chills, and makes the lung healthier.
- ASTHMA : This herbal medicine contains various herbs which help in reducing swelling from the airways. Along with that, it is very helpful in reducing symptoms of difficulty in breathing, removing tightness of the chest, and also removing the chances of allergy.
- Eye Problem : It is one of the effective herbal formulations for increasing eyesight and reducing all kinds of eye problems. People who suffer from night blindness, strabismus are suggested to take Kapha Ketu Ras. It is also very effective in disorders of the brain, head, and tooth.
Dosage of the Kaf Ketu Ras :-
- One to Two tablets or 125mg to 150mg can be taken twice daily with water.
- To enhance the property of Kapha Ketu Ras one can mix it with ginger and honey.
- It is important to note that the dosage depends on the age, digestive power, and strength of the patient.
Side-effects of Kaf Ketu Ras :-
- Should always be taken as prescribed by the physician.
- Overdosage of the medicine can result in a poisonous effect on the body.
- It is not recommended to women who are pregnant or lactating.
As above mentioned information gives all the beneficial effects of Kapha Ketu Ras on the human body. The main indication of the medicine is for respiratory problems and improving the breathing process. It should always be taken under the supervision of a ayurvedic physician.