Respiratory conditions can be a tough task to treat and the cough which lasts more than 8 weeks can be termed as a chronic cough, and also other respiratory conditions are there related to this like dyspnoea, cold, tuberculosis, lung fibrosis, COPD etc. Conditions like these do not have a proper cure in allopathic treatment. In the ayurvedic classical texts there are many classical formulations which are best for the treatment of the respiratory disorders which are above mentioned like chronic cough, dyspnoea, TB, etc. One classical formulation which is hemgarbha pottali ras is a medication which is best in treating many lung disorders and it is a ras aushadhi preparation means it is made from the combination of the herbs and minerals for the best results.
Ingredients used in Hemgarbha Pottali Ras
Following ingredients are used for making this formulation:
- Shudha parad (Purified mercury)
- Shuddha gandhak (Purified sulfur)
- Swarna bhasma (Gold calx)
- Tamra bhasma (Copper calx)
- Chitrakmool kwath (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Shankh bhasma (Turbinella rapa)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Bhaishajya Ratnavali ]
Description of Used Ingredients in Hemgarbha Pottali Ras
Each ingredient in this formulation has a specific action which we will be discussing below:
- Shuddha parad – When mercury is processed and purified by the ways mentioned in the ayurveda then it is used for making many formulations. It has all the shadrasa (6 tastes) in it and having hot potency with unctuous, flowy and heavy to digest properties. Parad is helpful in balancing all the three doshas of the body. It is known as the mahavrishya means it is best known as aphrodisiac, rasayan due to its rejuvenating properties, yogavahi that means it can heighten the medicinal properties of any compound or herb with which it is added. It is also mentioned that it helps in increasing the intelligence, memory, lusture and strength of the body.
- Shuddha gandhak – It is purified form of sulfur and it is pungent, bitter and astringent in taste with flowy properties. Sulfur is hot in potency. So it will be beneficial for curing digestion and absorption related issues. Due to its pungent and bitter taste it is helpful as an antimicrobial and antiparasitic agent. This mineral is also known as a rasayan meaning it acts as a rejuvenating agent. Sulfur is best used for problems like itching, skin disorders, accumulation of toxins in the body, splenomegaly, emaciation etc.
- Swarna bhasma – Swarna bhasma is made from the gold after processing and purifying and then it is converted to very small colloidal particles of the gold which are easily digested by the human digestive system. It has astringent, bitter and sweet in taste and is heavy to digest, slimy in nature, and unctuous in nature due to which it acts as an aphrodisiac agent, strengthening and nourishes the body. Gold calx will act as a rejuvenating agent and helps in tissue regrowth and rejuvenation and hence can be given to the people who have more mental work as it helps in regenerating the brain tissue.
- Tamra bhasma – Tamra bhasma is bitter, astringent, pungent, and sweet in taste with the sweet taste conversion after digestion. It has properties like flowy, light to digest, scrapping agent, healing properties. So it can be used in many conditions like emaciation, anemia, microbial infections, treats the conditions related to the digestive fire, liver and spleen disorders can be cured using this bhasma and digestive disorders like anorexia, loss of appetite,sangrahni and piles. Due to the scrapping and healing properties tamra will scrape out the implanted kapha from the respiratory channels.
- Chitrakmool – Decoction of the chitrakmool is used for the formulation and acharya charaka has kept chitrak in the groups such as deepniya (Herbs improving digestion), shoolaprashmana (abdominal pain relieving herbs), arsho ghana (Herbs which treats piles), lekhniya (Scrapping properties). Chitrak has pungent taste and is light to digest, dry in nature, with strong and piercing properties. Chitrak has hot potency with katu vipaka (Pungent taste conversion after digestion) which helps in balancing the vata and kapha doshas of the body. It improves digestive strength so can be given in the malabsorption syndrome. Due to the hot potency it will eliminate the kapha dosha from all the channels and treat the conditions like cough and cold.
- Shankha bhasma – Calcinied shankh bhasma is processed and purified to make colloidal particles. It acts as an antacid, antispasmodic, antioxidant and has a pungent taste with light dry and sharp properties. Potency of the shankh bhasma is hot and pungent taste conversion after digestion. It can be used in various digestive disorders like indigestion, diarrhea, liver or spleen enlargement or IBS.
Method Of Preparation
It is prepared by using the following method of preparation:
- First ras sindoor (composite form of parada) is taken in 3 parts and then ground in mortar and pestle.
- Then in the powder of ras sindoor shuddha gandhak, swarna bhasma and tamra bhasm is added.
- This mixture is mixed in kharal (mortar and pestle) for 6 hours.
- It is filled in the big conch shells and the conch shells are covered by using the tankan bhasma.
- After that these shells filled with the medication are filled in a mud jar and it is closed using a lid and that lid is fixed with a cloth dipped in mud.
- This jar is cooked in the gajputa.
- When this jar is cooled down then the tankan is removed and all the mixture is grinded with the conch shells and it is then stored in a glass jar. It is known as hemgarbha pottali ras.
This formulation helps in balancing all the three doshas of the body.
It has medicinal properties due to which it helps in treating certain conditions:
- It acts as an expectorant
- Rejuvenating properties
- Healing properties
- Blood purifier
- Scrapping medicinal properties
- Alkaline taste
It can be taken in the dose of 125 mg per day.
Classically it has been indicated in Rajayakshma (Tuberculosis) and chronic cough.
It can be indicated in various conditions as it has various ingredients which give this medication multiple benefits as it can be used in the cough as all the ingredients in it are hot in potency and have scrapping properties. It can be used in various infectious conditions due to the antimicrobial property of this formulation. Many digestive disorders can be cured by using this formulation like in diarrhea, IBS, and malabsorption syndrome. Due to the chitrak it will help in treating the indigestion and helps in digestion of the ama from the body. This medication can also be used in treating skin diseases in the combination of the other medications. It has been used in the treatment of the covid-19 by the ayurvedic doctors and got positive results.
This classical bhasma preparation is made using mineral compounds which makes it more potent medication as these particles are very minute colloidal particles due to which it will be able to travel in the minute particles. This medication is provided by the planet ayurveda and our medications are made using pure raw ingredients and following all the measures mentioned in the classical texts.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.