Chirbilva churna is an ayurvedic powder made from the single herb. Chirbilva is used in Ayurveda since ages for various ailments. This Churna is safe to use as it does not have any kind of side-effects. It is an effective Ayurvedic churna used to treat rheumatism. It can also be used for various kind of skin diseases and other health ailments.
- Weight – 100 gm
- Dosage – One teaspoonful two times a day, after meals.
- Ingredient – Chirbilva
- Botanical Name – Holoptelea integrifolia
- Family – Ulmaceae
What are different names of Chirbilva?
- English – Indian elm, south Indian elm tree, entire-leaved elm tree, and jungle cork tree.
- Hindi – Chilbil
- Malayalam – Aaval
- Tamil – Aapa
- Kannada – Neelavahi
- Marathi – Bavali
- Telugu – Nemalinara chettu
- Urdu – Dharanji
What are the Sanskrit synonyms for Chirbilva?
Putika, Karanji, Prakirya, Udakirya and Karabhanjika.
Description of Plant
It is a large deciduous tree. This plant grows up to 25 meters of height. The bark of this tree is 6-8 mm thick, smooth, whitish-grey with pubescent branchlets. Chirbilva’s leaves are simple, alternate, stipulate, elliptic-ovate or ovate and acuminate in shape.
In which areas Chirbilva is originated and distributed?
Chirbilva in India is found in the outer Himalayan region from Jammu extending to Assam and Burma and Bengal to Central, Western and South India.
What is Chirbilva’s Botanical classification?
- Domain – Eukaryota
- Kingdom – Plantae
- Division -Tracheophyta
- Class – Magnoliopsida
- Order – Urticales
- Family – Ulmaceae
- Genus – Holoptelea
- Species – Holoptelea integrifolia
What are the medicinal properties of Chirbilva churna?
- Taste (Rasa) – Bitter (tikta), Astringent (kashaya)
- Qualities (Guna) – Light for digestion (laghu), Dry in nature (ruksha)
- Vipaka – Undergoes pungent taste after digestion (katu)
- Potency (Veerya) – Hot (ushna)
What is Chirbilva churna’s effect on tri-dosha?
It reduces vitiated Kapha and Pitta dosha.
Which part of Chirbilva is used for the medicinal purpose?
What is the chemical composition of Chirbilva?
Its stem bark consists of triterpinoidal fatty acid esters, Holoptelin A and B, B – sitosterol, epi – friedelinol and friedelin. This plant leaf contains hexacosanol and B-amyrin.
What are the therapeutic uses of Chirbilva churna?
- It is used to treat rheumatism.
- This churna is used to treat ringworm.
- Chirbilva churna manages edema and diabetes.
- This is used to treat intestinal disorders.
- It controls bleeding from wounds and accelerates wound healing.
- Chirbilva churna is used to treat scabies, wounds, and other skin diseases.
- It improves digestion and increases appetite.
- This churna treats piles and fistula.
- Chirbilva churna acts as a blood purifier, if taken regularly.
- It relieves bloating and burning sensation.
- This churna helps to treat female infertility.
- Chirbilva churna relieves urinary tract infection.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and relieves pain, swelling and redness.
- This churna has an anticonvulsant effect.
- It has an analgesic effect so it relieves pain.
- This churna has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- Chirbilva detoxifies the body.
- This churna has anti-helminthic activity as they expel parasitic worms from the body by either stunning or killing them.
- It helps to lower down blood glucose in the diabetic patient.
- Chirbilva powder has potential anticancer activity.
- It has laxative action, relieves constipation.
- Chirbilva churna helps in the treatment of leucoderma and eczema.
- It helps to relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Chirbilva churna increases the ability of a person to adapt to environmental factors and to avoid damages from such factors.
- This churna is useful in the treatment of pneumonia.
- Chirbilva churna relieves a sore throat.
- It helps to treat tonsillitis.
- This churna used to manage chronic fever.
- Chirbilva churna treats cold and cough.
- It helps to treat liver disorders.
- This churna is used in malabsorption.
- Chirbilva is helpful in treating spleen disorders.
- It is useful in ringworm.
- This churna reduces rheumatic swellings.
- Chirbilva helps to treat boils.
- Chirbilva churna is used to treat diarrhea.
- This churna helps to lose weight in obese people.
- It can help to treat intestinal tumor.
What can be the side-effects?
There are no known side effects of Chirbilva churna but it should always be taken under the physician’s guidance.
What are the advantages of Chirbilva churna by Planet Ayurveda?
Planet ayurveda manufactures this churna under strict ayurvedic principles. Several reasons which make it superior to other similar products are: –
- This powder is 100% ayurvedic.
- It is purely vegetarian churna.
- Chirbilva churna do not contain any chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers.
- Its testing is not done on animals.
- This churna is available at Planet Ayurveda at a reasonable price with the best quality.
- Only pure Ayurvedic herbs of the best quality are used.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this churna.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.