This is a herbal syrup formulation which is pure and authentic. This syrup is mainly used for treating the cardiovascular disorders which is due to the vitiation of different doshas in the body. It is rightly said that “Take care of your body it’s the only place you have to live” and the heart is a vital organ which never takes rest to maintain the healthy blood flow and circulation of nutrients. This syrup is known as arishta in ayurveda. Arishta are medicines which are made by the process of fermentation and by adding the herbs in a solution of sugar or jaggery.
This formulation consist of several ingredients which are than fermented to make this, here are the ingredients which are there in arjunarisht.
Kwath dravya (Herbs which are used for making the decoction form)
- Arjun bark (Terminalia arjuna)
- Munakka (Vitis vinifera)
- Mahua (Madhuca longifolia)
Prakshep dravya (Herbs which are added after the decoction is made and than it is left for fermentation)
- Dhatki pushp (Woodfordia Fruticosa)
- Gur (Jaggery)
Each 10 ml. contains aqueous extract derived:-
|Sr. No.||Indian Name||Botanical Name||Parts Used||Quantity|
|1.||Arjun||Terminalia arjuna||Bark||5 Parts|
|2.||Munakka||Vitis vinifera||Fruit||2.5 parts|
|3.||Mahua||Madhuca longifolia||Flower||1 part|
|4.||Gur||Saccharum officinarum||5 parts|
|5.||Dhataki Pushpa||Woodfordia fruticosa||Flower||1 part|
Reference: Ayurved sar sangrah, bhaishajya ratnavali hrudroga adhikara 33/75-77 API AFI
Description Of The Ingredients
Each ingredient in this syrup has its own importance and its own mode of action so we are going to look different actions of the ingredients below:
- Arjuna Bark (Terminalia arjuna) – This herb is the main ingredient of the aristha. This herb is astringent in taste and causes dryness and lightness in the body and has a special effect as this acts as a cardiac tonic. Due to its astringent and drying properties it is able to clear out the blood vessels. This has a stambhan effect (stop or block the excess flow of anything from the body). It is a potent antioxidant which can be used in angina and high blood pressure. This can be used for the diseases which are induced by kapha and pitta dosha. It also gives strength to the cardiac muscles. This can also be used in conditions like cardiomegaly, and helps in healing wounds, fractures, and ulcers. It has haemostatic properties so will lead to stopping bleeding from any part of the body.
- Munakka (Vitis vinifera) – As this herb acts as a cardiac tonic, this herb is helpful in this condition as this is also helpful in narrowing of the blood vessels as munakka increases the nitric oxide in the body. This herb is also helpful in giving antioxidant properties to the syrup and also helps in fermenting the syrup. This is madhura (Sweet) in taste so it also aids in enhancing the taste of the aristha, This is also helpful in bleeding disorders.
- Mahua (Madhuca longifolia) – This is an evergreen tree and its flowers are used in this aristha. Flowers are white, juicy and it also contains substances like sugar. The flowers are easily converted to alcohol so it is used for the process of fermentation. These flowers are also used for making liquor. It has a sweet and astringent taste and this herb pacifies vata and pitta dosha.
- Gur (jaggery) – This is the sweetened substance which is made from the juice of sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum). This is used for making asava and arishtas in ayurveda. It helps in increasing the volume of urine and feces and aged jaggery is very good for the heart and should be consumed regularly. This is also helpful in the fermentation of the asava and arishtas.
- Dhatki (Woodfordia fruticosa) – This is used for the disorders which are produced by the disorders induced by kapha and pitta dosha.This also has effects against the bleeding disorders and the flowers can be used in heart disorders. In asava and arishtas it is used as a drying agent. It elevates the pitta dosha and also acts as a narcotic agent.
Method Of Preparation
- 600gm of arjuna bark, 3000gm of munakka, 1200gm of mahua flowers and 61440ml of water all of these ingredients in the mentioned quantity is taken and a decoction is made of the above mentioned herbs.
- This decoction is cooked till the quantity is 15360ml is remained.
- Than the decoction is sieved using a cloth.
- Dhatki flowers 1200gm and jaggery 6000gm are added to the decoction.
- This mixture of decoction with prakshep dravya is kept for fermenting in a covered glass jar for a month.
- After a month it is used after sieving the mixture and then it can be used in mentioned doses.
This formulation is having properties like balancing the vata dosha so it acts in the conditions like dryness in the body, it also has appetizer and digestive properties so it will help in digesting the toxins from the body, it also helps in removing excess mucus from the body as it is having astringent properties so it will scrape out the mucus from the body and remove it acts as hridya (cardiac tonic) which means it strengthen the cardiac muscles and prevents cardiac diseases, it also has stambhan (Haemostatic effect) which helps in stopping the overflow of blood or any secretions or discharge from the body. It has antioxidant properties due to which it is helpful in reducing in the oxidative stress in the body and removes the toxins of the body.
- It is helpful in pacifying vata dosha and pitta dosha
Classical Indications (Rogadhikar)
Classically it has been mentioned to use it in hrudayrog means it is used in all the heart conditions or cardiovascular disorders like angina, myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis, cholesterol, coronary artery disorder, infections in the heart. Diseases caused by vata, pitta and kapha in the heart, arrhythmias etc these are the indications for the arjuna arishta in classical books.
This formulation can be used for different conditions like Palpitation in the heart, Tachycardia, Excess sweating , Dryness in mouth, Loss of sleep, Obstructed flow of blood, Anxiety, This can also be used in general debility and also helpful in reducing the oxidative stress of the body it can be used in breathing problems and lung disorders also in chest injury and helps in Strengthening and cleaning of the intestines and also used in weakness and feeling tired all the time. All these actions are possible as this formulation helps in pacifying the vata dosha and it contains munakka so it helps in general debility and digestion related problems, as it removes the mucus from the body so it is helpful in breathing problems. It can also be used to manage diabetes.
15-25 ml twice daily after food or as advised by a physician
- Take this formulation under the medical supervision.
- Overdose will lead to stomach pain.
- Use under medical advice during pregnancy.
So we can conclude that this medication is very effective and can act as a good cardiac tonic. Also, it will be helpful in managing many other conditions. This is in aristha form so it will be very easy to transfer in the whole body and will be easily absorbed. For more information visit www.planetayurveda.com
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.