Jaiphal churna is an ayurvedic herbal powder with various health benefits. This churna is digestive and astringent. Various other properties of this churna have been described, it is anti-inflammatory, anti-diarrheal, analgesic, kaamotejjak and shukrastambhak, i.e. sex stimulant and averting premature ejaculation. It has effective antispasmodic action. This churna is very effective in clearing throat and relieves symptoms of asthma as well. It has sputum absorbing and water absorbing properties due to this it effectively eliminates sputum from airways. Blood pressure and blood circulation can be maintained with the regular intake of this churna. It is a very good remedy for relieving headache. This churna is known as a natural detoxifier as it has the ability to eliminate toxins and impurities from the body, hence increases the strength of the body overall. Jaiphal churna boosts the immune system and help the body to fight against diseases.
- Weight – 100 gm
- Dosage – One teaspoonful two times a day with water after meals.
- Herb- Jaiphal
- Botanical Name – Myristica Fragrans
- Part Used – Fruits
General description of herb
Jaiphal is commonly known as Nutmeg. It is richly filled with medicinal properties that make it be a useful herb. It is widely grown across the tropics including regions of China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Kerala in India. Fruit of Jaiphal is known for its aroma and fragrance. This herb is pungent, bitter in taste. It is dry, penetrative and strong with hot potency.
Now coming to the Jaiphal churna, let us learn about this churna in detail.
What are the medicinal properties of Jaiphal churna?
- Taste (Rasa) – Bitter (Tikta), pungent (Katu)
- Qualities (Guna) – Lightness (Laghu), perceive, penetrative and strong (teekshan)
- Vipaka – Undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion (Katu)
- Potency (Veerya) – Hot (Ushna)
What is the effect of Jaiphal churna on Tri-dosha?
This churna balances Kapha and Vata dosha.
What are the therapeutic uses of Jaiphal churna?
- It relieves diarrhea and associated symptoms with it like bloating and abdominal pain.
- Jaiphal churna improves digestion, relieves gas and bloating.
- This churna relieves morning sickness and hiccups.
- It relieves insomnia, depression and decreases the irritability. This churna induces deep sleep.
- Jaiphal churna is used to treat dehydration symptoms, relieves weakness, excessive thirst, vertigo, and muscle cramps.
- Skin conditions like eczema and ringworm can be treated effectively by using this churna. It detoxifies skin and improves skin tone and complexion.
- It has analgesic action and relieves pain due to neuralgia, rheumatism, and sciatica. Jaiphal churna decreases muscle tension.
- Running nose can be relieved by the use of this churna
- This churna stimulates sexual desire, as it has aphrodisiac action.
- Jaiphal churna has anti-inflammatory action, relieves pain, redness, and swelling of the affected area.
- Jaiphal churna can help to treat and to prevent cancer.
- It encourages secretion of the sputum from the air passages, relieves a cough.
- This churna lower blood cholesterol and prevent heart diseases.
- Jaiphal churna improves liver functioning. It increases appetite and improves digestion.
- Profound sleep is induced by this churna and relieves pain.
- It is a potent brain booster and improves overall health.
- Jaiphal churna treats joint and muscle pains as it has anti-inflammatory action.
- This churna treats throat pain.
- Jaiphal churna has an aphrodisiac action which stimulates nerves in the brain. It can be both stimulant and a sedative.
- Bad breath can be a sign of toxicity in the body. Improper diet and unhealthy lifestyle can build up toxins. This churna has detoxifying action, clears out toxins from the kidneys and liver.
- It has antibacterial properties, helps to remove bacteria from the body.
- Jaiphal churna has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, treats acne, blackheads and clogged pores.
- This churna has high mineral content which makes it a good remedy for regulating blood circulation and blood pressure.
- It is useful in COPD, asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- Jaiphal churna is used to treat allergic rhinitis, relieving frequent sneezing, runny nose, and red eyes.
- Convulsions and epilepsy can be treated with the help of this churna.
- It relieves excessive moisture and sliminess of mouth.
What are the advantages of having Jaiphal churna from Planet Ayurveda?
- This churna in Planet Ayurveda is made strictly under Ayurvedic principles.
- It is 100% vegetarian.
- Herb used in this product is of the best quality.
- No chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers are used.
- Planet Ayurveda offers the best quality products at a reasonable price.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this churna.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.