The common name of Semecarpus anacardium is called the Marking – Nut Tree in English. The common used in Hindi is Bhilawa and in Sanskrit is Bhallataka. It belongs to the family of Anacardiaceae. This herb has been used in ayurveda since ancient times. The fruit is considered to be a golden acorn of Galen and Avicenna.
This plant is found in warm parts of India, Australia as well as Malayasia. It is closely related to the cashew nut. It can be found in the outer Himalayas to the Coromandel Coast.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SEMECARPUS ANACARDIUM
It is a deciduous tree, medium in size. The height of the tree is normally 12- 15 m. The leaves are large and simple; they are up to 60 cm long and 30 cm wide. The color of the bark is deep brown and it is quite rough in texture. The flowers are more of a dull greenish – yellow color. The color of the fruit is black when ripe; it is quite smooth and shiny in texture however, it is toxic in nature. The nut is about 1 inch long.
THERAPEUTIC POWERS OF SEMECARPUS ANACARDIUM
Various parts of this herb are used such as the fruit, gum and the oil. The juice contains resins and can be applied to cracked heels. It is used both in traditional as well as modern medicine.
The Fruit of This Herb Can Act As An:-
Semecarpus anacardium can be used to relieve a wide variety of diseases such as anorexia, cough, asthma, indigestion, ulcers, corns, leprosy, piles and various other nervous diseases.
Semecarpus anacardium consists of various vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin C and cytochrome. It also contains a number of antioxidants. This herb also shows presence various amino acids, minerals, bioflavonoids, and phenolic compounds.
CARE FOR ALIMENTS
Semecarpus anacardium has been used for medicinal purposes since the times of the ancient times. Some of the aliments that this herb can help relieve are:-
- Respiratory Diseases: Semecarpus anacardium has been known to relieve certain respiratory complaints. This herb helps to relieve bronchitis, chronic cough and asthma. It is also known to enhance breathing.
- Heart Problems: Water retention, heart failure related edema as well as weakness of the heart can be fixed by using this special herb.
- Digestive Problems: Semecarpus anacardium can be used to relieve internal infections; it can also relieve certain digestive discontent. Such as intestinal worms, diarrhea, colitis and hemorrhoids. This herb is also used to relieve yellow fever since ancient times.
- Skin Infections: This herb can relieve scabies and ringworms like skin infections, by using traditional methods. Other skin problems such as eczema, corns, warts and psoriasis can be relieved as well.
- Traditional Uses: This herb has been traditional used to relieve reproductive complaints. Such as painful menstruation, low sperm count and lack of interest in sex.
- Nervous Disorders: Semecarpus can relieve forgetfulness, dementia, and various psychological traumas. It is also known to relieve paralysis, nerve pain, and even epilepsy in certain cases.
SAFETY AND PRECAUTIONARY TIPS WHILE USING SEMECARPUS ANACARDIUM
The juice of this herb can cause irritation, painful blisters and itchiness of neighboring skin, which may seem to look like a bruise.
The herb not should be taken in large doses as it can produce blisters on the throat and even cause severe gastrointestinal irritation. And sometimes even hypotension, dyspnoea and areflexia.
The fatal dose of this herb is 5 – 10 grams. Before using any herb it is advisable to consult a medical practitioner.
PLANET AYURVEDA PRODUCTS THAT USE THIS HERB
Planet Ayurveda understands the beneficial properties of this herb and uses it in the following product:-
Planet Ayurveda is well known for manufacturing herbal and Ayurvedic products that can help relieve all kinds of aliments. The aliments may be very simple ones to also very complex ones. All of products are safe to use, they are 100% vegetarian. They are free from chemicals, preservatives and animal matter. Our products are known for their quality and effectiveness. And we never believe in testing our products on animals. So, please check out our website and order some of products now!